Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-30-2004, 12:25 PM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default D-M.com Fantasy Basketball League - Season 2... the U2 domination

Well, I created another Yahoo Fantasy Basketball league. There is a maximum of 12 teams, so sign up quickly!!!!

There will be a live draft on Friday, October 22nd at 12:30PM CST. Of course, that is subject to change if need be.

The league name is Dallas-Mavs.com League. The League ID# is 3431. The password is stickman

To join the league, visit: Yahoo Custom League signup

Or the URL is http://basketball.fantasysports.yaho...nprivateleague

edit: To add that this is a Head-to-Head League....

Old 09-30-2004, 01:11 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: D-M.com Fantasy Basketball League - Season 2... the U2 domination

Evil Domination has mobilized...
Old 09-30-2004, 01:18 PM   #3
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all
Default RE:D-M.com Fantasy Basketball League - Season 2... the U2 domination

Coolcool, I'm in!
Old 09-30-2004, 06:34 PM   #4
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

I'm in- The Dream.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:09 PM   #5
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

JasonTerry's Team is there too! It's on U2
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:27 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Two more teams people. Come on and sign up.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:50 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Houston Rockets #1 - Rockets34Life (although that is a guess)
Fah Q (Our potty mouth team owner)
Alby MFFL (Alby)
Jubari's Ape Rampage (who else but the Ape...)
The Dream (OzMavs)
JasonTerry's Team (The Nash)
Evil Domination (no explanation necessary)
Irontoads (ditto)
Sinn Fein (tritto?)
mavs413 (quadritto?)
Mighty Mavericks (the elite team of the league. you pray you don't run into them... however you can't hide)

....so we only need uno mas. (1 more - for those Spanish challenged readers). Of the teams listed, most are obvious whom the owners are.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:58 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Who won last season?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:22 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Who won last season?
MavsFanatix33.... who is apparently not going to try and retain his title...???
Old 10-01-2004, 02:55 PM   #10
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Is it too late to join now?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:59 PM   #11
Rockets34Life

Rockets34Life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Houston Rockets #1 - Rockets34Life (although that is a guess)
Fah Q (Our potty mouth team owner)
Alby MFFL (Alby)
Jubari's Ape Rampage (who else but the Ape...)
The Dream (OzMavs)
JasonTerry's Team (The Nash)
Evil Domination (no explanation necessary)
Irontoads (ditto)
Sinn Fein (tritto?)
mavs413 (quadritto?)
Mighty Mavericks (the elite team of the league. you pray you don't run into them... however you can't hide)

....so we only need uno mas. (1 more - for those Spanish challenged readers). Of the teams listed, most are obvious whom the owners are.
Good one, u2sarajevo. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

We'll see during the season who's guessing... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2004, 03:07 PM   #12
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Alright I'm in. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:15 PM   #13
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Real competition was left off this

There was a problem:
• This league is full. (Error #221)

This is the error I get. It doesn't matter who wins in a league full of amateurs.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:20 AM   #14
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

cant you set the limit to 20?
Old 10-02-2004, 03:13 PM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I wouldn't mind increasing the number of teams..... but this league is a democracy. How about max 16 teams, that would retain the talent pool being pretty good.

So, please vote here or via PM whether or not we should increase the number of teams...
Old 10-02-2004, 04:58 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I might want to throw my hat in there....let me know if there are still spots open.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 05:24 PM   #17
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say we should either expand the league to 16 (an expediency that might still leave off some posters), or else start a second league that some of the new registrees could enter, and that we could fill out with folks who want to play in two (something I would definitely do). Kingsfans.com was forced to run three official leagues last year, so starting a second league wouldn't really be that out of the ordinary for a board as large as ours...
Old 10-02-2004, 06:43 PM   #18
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

bull crap! I spent 30 minutes creating an account and getting registered just to be told the league is full!!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-02-2004, 10:15 PM   #19
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Same Here!
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 10:58 PM   #20
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I guess U2 didn't want the competition.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:05 PM   #21
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
I would say we should either expand the league to 16 (an expediency that might still leave off some posters), or else start a second league that some of the new registrees could enter, and that we could fill out with folks who want to play in two (something I would definitely do). Kingsfans.com was forced to run three official leagues last year, so starting a second league wouldn't really be that out of the ordinary for a board as large as ours...
The only reason I don't like the idea of having more than one league is more than one champion.....

Heck, I'd be up for 20 teams to avoid that.... but then the talent pool will be pretty thin.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:10 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

lets stay away from 20 teams...

Old 10-03-2004, 12:10 AM   #23
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

sigh,

my heart sinks when I look back at the kickass team I put together last year that wasted away in obscurity once I got swamped at school.

I think I'll spare everyone this time around.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:23 AM   #24
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Right now we have ocelot_ark, me , sike, man55 and pfuzz ready to join. That is 17 members already. There would be atleast 5-6 members who might be interested once the training camp starts.

That would make it like 22-23 members. Thats a lot to put in one league although I do not see any real competition for me even if it is a 100 team league.
Old 10-03-2004, 04:37 AM   #25
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

that's cool...I don't really have time to play anyway
Old 10-03-2004, 05:06 AM   #26
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Where can I register my Turbo Twellies?

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:49 AM   #27
sike
The Preacha

There was a problem:
• This league is full. (Error #221)
...............come on U2, the "Way Out of Towners" want in bad!

Old 10-03-2004, 01:29 PM   #28
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

It's looking increasingly likely that two leagues will be required, and we'll just have to have crown two league champions (although we can compare the overall year-long point totals of the two champions to be able to name an single, unofficial "D-M champion" after the playoffs are done)...

As I said before, Kingsfans was forced to run three seperate leagues last year (all of them full), and the size of their board is roughly equivalent to ours.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:47 PM   #29
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Alright, I created a 2nd DM.com League, aptly named Dallas-Mavs.Com League 2

The League ID# is 27480
The password is: atomicbomb

The URL is http://basketball.fantasysports.yaho...nprivateleague

It's settings are the same as the first one. Only difference is that the live draft for this one is set for Thursday, October 21, 12:30PM.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:57 PM   #30
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

OK, I also joined this one, but I'll be happy to step aside if league #2 fills up and anyone else needs a spot.
Old 10-03-2004, 04:41 PM   #31
sike
The Preacha

out of towners 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
Black Tide of Evil 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
Mighty Mighty Mavs

only three teams.....sad......I would rather be in the other league... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2004, 05:11 PM   #32
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

We're missing PFuzz, MFF, MavsMan, Ocelot, Pongo, and the feared Turbo Twellies, just from the folks who commented on this thread, and I'd bet that some of our fantasy sports stalwarts (FahQ, Ape, etc... ) would be up for a second league, so hopefully we'll fill this out. Sunday's are always slow on the board, so I would bet we should be able to get up to 12 participants over the course of the next day or two...
Old 10-03-2004, 05:59 PM   #33
sike
The Preacha

ahh the voice of reason....who knew he'd be so evil?

Old 10-03-2004, 09:03 PM   #34
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

The Turbo Twellies just landed, ready for some serious posterizing those other hapless also-rans... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2004, 10:31 PM   #35
sike
The Preacha

so, heres what we got so far..:
Quote:

Tenacious D 0-0-0 .000 0 - - - (who?)
- Turbo Twellies 0-0-0 .000 0 - - - (the picture god)
- The Salts of Wrath 0-0-0 .000 0 - - - (who?)
- out of towners 0-0-0 .000 0 - - - (yours truely)
- Black Tide of Evil 0-0-0 .000 0 - - - (the oh so evil one)
- Mighty Mighty Mavs 0-0-0 .000 0(who?)

Old 10-03-2004, 10:35 PM   #36
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Does joining this league mean that I've have to be sitting at my computer ready to draft players at 12:30 on Thursday October 21st?

I'll be at school, so if that is the case, then never mind.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 11:13 PM   #37
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tenacious D 0-0-0 .000 0 - - - (who?) 2000 (BTW, prepare to open the season 0-1)
- The Salts of Wrath 0-0-0 .000 0 - - - (who?) Chaffey
- Mighty Mighty Mavs 0-0-0 .000 0(who?) U2
Old 10-03-2004, 11:35 PM   #38
twelli
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Tenacious D 0-0-0 .000 0 - - - (who?) 2000 (BTW, prepare to open the season 0-1)
- The Salts of Wrath 0-0-0 .000 0 - - - (who?) Chaffey
- Mighty Mighty Mavs 0-0-0 .000 0(who?) U2
where's MFF?

Old 10-04-2004, 01:29 AM   #39
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

is it okay to join both leagues.. or is that just being too greedy lol

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:32 AM   #40
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have that option, the first league is full.