Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-04-2004, 01:36 AM   #41
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:D-M.com Fantasy Basketball League - Season 2... the U2 domination

im already in the the first league

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2004, 01:39 AM   #42
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: D-M.com Fantasy Basketball League - Season 2... the U2 domination

then yes, you can join both
Old 10-04-2004, 01:43 AM   #43
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

done =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 02:33 AM   #44
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Those guys that are are already in the first league should wait and see if the second league gets crowded too, otherwise U2 has to create a third league and then we are like the Kings Forum (arrrrrghhhhh!!!!!!!!!)

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 02:43 AM   #45
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Evil has already said he'll disband his team if the league fills up...I'm sure U2, and Alby would do the same.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:52 AM   #46
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I'll join the 2nd league if needed, but I don't want to take anyone's space so if anyone wants to PM me if/when the league needs to be filled.

Honestly I don't think yall want me to win two leagues though.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:13 AM   #47
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
I'll join the 2nd league if needed, but I don't want to take anyone's space so if anyone wants to PM me if/when the league needs to be filled.
Honestly I don't think yall want me to win two leagues though.
just wait until you meet me on the gridiron/hardwood.....son, I'll beat you so bad you'll wanna change your name to "Fah Me"! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:18 AM   #48
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman55
Does joining this league mean that I've have to be sitting at my computer ready to draft players at 12:30 on Thursday October 21st?

I'll be at school, so if that is the case, then never mind.
It should draft players for you automatically if you're not there, from what I've read... you just have to edit your pre-draft player rankings and then it will make picks for you based on the order you rank players... not sure if you have to change a setting or anything to have it do it automatically, though...
Old 10-04-2004, 10:49 AM   #49
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

E Pluribus Unum is in.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:53 AM   #50
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
alby MFFL 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- stvnash13 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- Mavsclan55 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- E Pluribus Unum 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- Turbo Twellies 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- Tenacious D 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- Black Tide of Evil 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- out of towners 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- The Salts of Wrath 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- Mighty Mighty Mavs 0-0-0 .000 0
10 in 2 to go

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-04-2004, 11:06 AM   #51
sike
The Preacha

for league 2...
Quote:
Week 1 matchups

out of towners vs
Mavsclan55

Mighty Mighty Mavs vs
Black Tide of Evil

The Salts of Wrath vs
stvnash13

Tenacious D vs
alby MFFL

Turbo Twellies vs
E Pluribus Unum

Old 10-04-2004, 11:24 AM   #52
sike
The Preacha

Mavs in the top 100 players rankings...

#5 Dirk

#37 JT

#50 Finley

#77 Damp

#82 Stack

Old 10-05-2004, 04:51 AM   #53
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: irontoad
Quote:
Does joining this league mean that I've have to be sitting at my computer ready to draft players at 12:30 on Thursday October 21st?

I'll be at school, so if that is the case, then never mind.
It should draft players for you automatically if you're not there, from what I've read... you just have to edit your pre-draft player rankings and then it will make picks for you based on the order you rank players... not sure if you have to change a setting or anything to have it do it automatically, though...
Is this correct? Is this an Autopick League? Do I have to get up in the middle of the night to pick my players or will I get players automatically (hopefully not just bench garbage, I would have to change my team name to Bench Sissies, oh no...)

Turbo Twellies vs E Pluribus Unum (a turbo start makes Pluribus a Nullum...)

Surfing Jesus vs Black Tide of Evil (can Jesus fight the Evil?)

The Sikedelics vs Mavsclan55 (out of towners are out of town -- siko-delicts are in...)

The Salts of Wrath vs stvnash13 (Nash is salted for good...)

Tenacious D vs alby MFFL (Big D against small a...)

Old 10-05-2004, 10:18 AM   #54
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

If there's going to be two leagues, how are we going to determine the supreme champion here? Shall we have the two winners of each league answer a series of trivia questions, and the winner get the title? How about a fight to the death with empty paper towel rolls? How about a big wheel racing contest?? Hmmm....
Old 10-05-2004, 10:23 AM   #55
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

If you are not going to be at the live draft, Yahoo will make the selections for you based on your player rankings.

So if you aren't going to be at the live draft, make sure you adjust your player rankings.... otherwise you might end up with Antoine Walker.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:41 AM   #56
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
otherwise you might end up with Antoine Walker.
there could be far worse things....with the lowly Hawks he may actually put up some good numbers...

Old 10-05-2004, 11:48 AM   #57
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
otherwise you might end up with Antoine Walker.
there could be far worse things....with the lowly Hawks he may actually put up some good numbers...
Maybe... but he will certainly kill you on free points made/ free throw % categories. Remember, it's the number of categories you want to win. Not overall points scored.

So with Antoine, you might be treading water with your free throw % for the season.... week in and week out... or at least until you decide to not play him anymore.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2004, 11:51 AM   #58
sike
The Preacha

good point, U2......good point indeed.....(wry smile and just a hint of sarcasm)

Old 10-05-2004, 04:00 PM   #59
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is this correct? Is this an Autopick League? Do I have to get up in the middle of the night to pick my players or will I get players automatically (hopefully not just bench garbage, I would have to change my team name to Bench Sissies, oh no...)
Using the Yahoo autopick option will work, but if you really want to do well in the draft, you might consider setting your alarm clock to wake you up so you can draft live. Setting your draft preferences will net you with many of the players you want, but it isn't as fun, and I just don't think it's as efficient a process as picking the players yourself.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:05 PM   #60
sike
The Preacha

our second league added a bird....
Quote:
stvnash13 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- Mavsclan55 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- E Pluribus Unum 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- Murphy3 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- alby MFFL 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- Turbo Twellies 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- Black Tide of Evil 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- The Sikedelics 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- The Salts of Wrath 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- Tenacious D 0-0-0 .000 0 - - -
- Surfing Jesus 0-0 0 .000 0 - - -

Old 10-05-2004, 09:23 PM   #61
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Just a random question... I have my players pre-ranked already. Say the first draft for me is a point guard. Then, after everyone else, picks, the next player on my list is a point guard. And again. What happens if I end up with too many guards or too many centers? Can it do that?
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 02:41 PM   #62
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

NOTE: We still have one spot open in the 2nd League...

The League ID# is 27480
The password is: atomicbomb

BB stated in his thread about having the draft data/time later (to be fair and the injury thing). I can change that if anyone wants to. No one has given me any indication that the dates I picked were unacceptable. I want to be fair to everyone, so if you want the date/time changed PM me with what works best. I will try to come up with available dates/times that will work out best for everyone.

Thanks again!!! And let's have fun.

[b]ONE MORE, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO JOIN!!!!!!!![b]
Old 10-06-2004, 02:51 PM   #63
sike
The Preacha

might it be better to have the draft on a Saturday, so everyone can be free from work obligations?

Old 10-07-2004, 10:24 AM   #64
sike
The Preacha

now we're full.....and I get to do a little bird hunting for my first game.....I'm thinking abuot calling it THE START OF THE BEGINNING THAT WILL LEAD TO THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF ALL WHO DEAR TO CROSS MY PATH...CAUSE THEY WILL LOSE LIKE WIMPY BABIES CRYING FOR THEIR MAMA...WHO IN TURN WILL CRY GREAT LOADS OF TEARS FOR THEIR CHILDREN BECAUSE THEIR END IS OBVIOUSLY NEARING BECAUSE AS STATED PREVIOUSLY, THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THEIR END...PLAYING SIKE IN FANTASY BASKETBALL THAT IS. or for short, "TSOTBTWLTTBOTEOAWDTCMPCTWLLWBCFTPTITBOTEPSIFB TI"

Quote:
The Sikedelics vs Match
Up
Murphy3

Surfing Jesus vs Match
Up
Black Tide of Evil

The Salts of Wrath vs Match
Up
E Pluribus Unum

Tenacious D vs Match
Up
Mavsclan55

Turbo Twellies vs Match
Up
stvnash13

alby MFFL vs Match
Up
Pongos Mavs

Old 10-07-2004, 01:18 PM   #65
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Gee sike, I wouldn't DEAR cross your path....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2004, 03:21 PM   #66
sike
The Preacha

U2, did you ever decide to change anything, or are we going ahead as planned?

Old 10-12-2004, 10:38 AM   #67
sike
The Preacha

bump.

only ten more days til league two's draft.....oh its on!

Old 10-12-2004, 10:56 AM   #68
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Hey guys. I will be unable to attend the live draft now on both days (because of work). I have gotten 2 PM's, both requesting a weekend draft. I am all for that if the majority are. So far I have 3 for. If I get 4 against before tomorrow morning we will keep the current times.

Voice your pleasure/displeasure either here publicly where the world can see, or you can PM me and call me bloody names.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:35 AM   #69
dirno2000
Diamond Member

I'm in favor of a weekend draft.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:53 AM   #70
sike
The Preacha

I'm in favor of the Robot Devil

Old 10-12-2004, 12:00 PM   #71
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm in favor of a weekend draft.
me too, hopefully in the afternoon.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:40 PM   #72
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

A weekend draft sounds good to me as well.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:49 PM   #73
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm out if the draft is this weekend.....I'm sorry, but Cancun takes precedence over the draft.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:56 PM   #74
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Weekend draft is fine with me as long as it takes place between the time of noon and before nightfall.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:55 PM   #75
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

If I did the live draft would I have to delete my pre-draft rankings?

Either way, I'm all for the weekend draft.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 09:33 PM   #76
twelli
Diamond Member

I prefer a time between evening and midnight, for time zone reasons, but in any case automatic draft will work for me fine, since I would probably pick the wrong players anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2004, 11:02 PM   #77
sike
The Preacha

if was on the weekend it would be on the 22 or 23 right?

Old 10-12-2004, 11:23 PM   #78
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
If I did the live draft would I have to delete my pre-draft rankings?

Either way, I'm all for the weekend draft.
Absolutely not. As a matter of fact I always set my pre-draft rankings even if I am planning on doing the live draft. The reason being is that it will show you your rankings in the draft applet. So they are right there for the easy pickings.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:24 PM   #79
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I'm out if the draft is this weekend.....I'm sorry, but Cancun takes precedence over the draft.
Not this weekend Murph.... so live it up worry free in Cancun.

Hey, I thought there was some board rule where Guru's were supposed to take mods on trips to Cancun with them.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:27 PM   #80
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: TripleDipping
Weekend draft is fine with me as long as it takes place between the time of noon and before nightfall.
I would hate to get into your party time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Let's see, twelli wants it at night. TD doesn't. I guess what I pick will depend on my performance in the picture quiz. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]