Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 01-25-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lord Jesus...We may be doomed.

In a TV interview last month, Vice President Joe Biden said the following:

Every economist, as I've said, from conservative to liberal, acknowledges that direct government spending on a direct program now is the best way to infuse economic growth and create jobs.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2009, 12:37 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Now I'm sure of it.

Quote:
PELOSI SAYS BIRTH CONTROL WILL HELP ECONOMY
Sun Jan 25 2009 22:13:43 ET

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi boldly defended a move to add birth control funding to the new economic "stimulus" package, claiming "contraception will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government."

Pelosi, the mother of 5 children and 6 grandchildren, who once said, "Nothing in my life will ever, ever compare to being a mom," seemed to imply babies are somehow a burden on the treasury.

The revelation came during an exchange Sunday morning on ABC's THIS WEEK.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Hundreds of millions of dollars to expand family planning services. How is that stimulus?

PELOSI: Well, the family planning services reduce cost. They reduce cost. The states are in terrible fiscal budget crises now and part of what we do for children's health, education and some of those elements are to help the states meet their financial needs. One of those - one of the initiatives you mentioned, the contraception, will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So no apologies for that?

PELOSI: No apologies. No. we have to deal with the consequences of the downturn in our economy.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-26-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

check out how many threads you and 92bDad have started on the front page of this sub-forum.

also, consider how lame it is that you're even being compared with 92bDad.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:49 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well why doesn't she just issue a press release that says "Excuse me, you poor people, most of you voted for my party, so I thought you could stop having babies because we don't want to deal with the costs. Thanks bunches. XOXO -NP"
Old 01-26-2009, 07:54 AM   #5
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
check out how many threads you and 92bDad have started on the front page of this sub-forum.

also, consider how lame it is that you're even being compared with 92bDad.
Consider how little I give a crap about your opinion.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #6
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Well why doesn't she just issue a press release that says "Excuse me, you poor people, most of you voted for my party, so I thought you could stop having babies because we don't want to deal with the costs. Thanks bunches. XOXO -NP"
by "you could stop having babies," you mean, "we could pay you to kill your babies before we have to pay for their birth," right?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #7
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of killing babies....

I saw where O'bama is going to reinstitute this policy where we pay to kill babies overseas...not only that, but he's declared that this is one of the ways he's putting an end to the politics of the past blah, blah, blah, uniting us all and all that.

funny, but taking my money to kill babies overseas doesn't make me feel more united.

Last edited by alexamenos; 01-26-2009 at 10:41 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

My blood is boiling. I'll have to get used to it. Infants no longer have rights unless they are wanted. It's been that way for years, but the unborn seemed to always have a voice somewhere in the Government hierarchy. It's certainly gone now though.

But hey, at least the terrorists are getting rights now, huh?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

What a thought............

Kill American babies, but save the terrorists...........

When did this country get so screwed up in it's thinking and personal justification?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Wait - where does anyone say anything about killing babies???

All I see is talk of contraceptives, whereas this thread leads one to believe that Obama is going to play King Herod by executing every last first-born child...

Link?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #11
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I too would enjoy a link. Or rather...I wouldn't enjoy it, it would probably piss me off, but we still need one.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #12
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Wait - where does anyone say anything about killing babies???

All I see is talk of contraceptives, whereas this thread leads one to believe that Obama is going to play King Herod by executing every last first-born child...

Link?
Nancy Pelosi's breath kills babies....

...and puppies.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #13
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
Nancy Pelosi's breath kills babies....

...and puppies.
Don't forget that her face kills hard-ons too...

(ohhhh - THAT'S the "contraceptive" they were referring to!)

But seriously - this conversation is skirting the topic of abortion when that word was never once uttered by Pelosi...

Last edited by Underdog; 01-26-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #14
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I made my post after reading this article, I will quote the part that enraged me. I am sure there are articles more on point, but this is the one I was reacting to.
Quote:
Mr Obama has pledged to end the culture wars on social issues that have riven American politics for a generation and did not allow television cameras to film him signing the executive order reversing the Bush abortion funding ban on aid agencies abroad, in order not to provoke pro-life groups.

When he finally did sign the order he issued a statement in a bid to placate abortion critics by promising to "reach out to those on all sides of this issue to achieve the goal of reducing unintended pregnancies." He added: "It is time that we end the politicisation of this issue."
He's not ignorant enough to believe that you can de-politicize the subject of baby murder is he?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #15
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Consider how little I give a crap about your opinion.

This is why this forum will always be nothing but a big rantfest. There will never be constructive conversation with the people in this forum. They are too blinded by partisanship and their own ideology. The thought that we will never be more than the Conservative States of American and the Liberal States of America is sad. Very sad.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #16
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

by spending money on birth control that frees up state's money for other things. each state has to spend X ammount on contraceptives each year, required by law. basically it gives states free money to do with what they please.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 01-26-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #17
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

and yes, this had nothing to do with Nancy Pelosi. It has to do with our President. But I didn't feel like making a new thread and the title of this thread seemed to be appropriate.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #18
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
by spending money on birth control that frees up state's money for other things. each state has to spend X ammount on contraceptives each year, required by law. basically it gives states free money to do with what they please.
Ahhh, now we get to the real heart of this issue...

It's not about dead babies - it's about dead presidents...

(um, the ones on our currency...)

Last edited by Underdog; 01-26-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
This is why this forum will always be nothing but a big rantfest. There will never be constructive conversation with the people in this forum. They are too blinded by partisanship and their own ideology. The thought that we will never be more than the Conservative States of American and the Liberal States of America is sad. Very sad.
Funny. I don't recall you being bi-partisan when Bush was president. Or any of the liberal posters. It's funny what happens when the power gets shifted, isn't it?

I at least gave him the benefit of the doubt. That almost lasted a week.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #20
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
"...to achieve the goal of reducing unintended pregnancies..."
That kills me. Don't have sex if you don't intend to get pregnant, or are unwilling to accept that as a possible outcome of said sex.

Quote:
Well that's a shame that any government agency at any level is required to spend money on contraceptives. People should be taking personal responsibility for their own penises and vaginas. No matter what Josh Howard may say, everyone "CAN control what the penis do".
Old 01-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #21
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So instead of figuring out where the money needs to go to stimulate the economy, we're paying for condoms so that the states have more free money with no strings attached.

My wallet feels fatter already.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #22
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
That kills me. Don't have sex if you don't intend to get pregnant, or are unwilling to accept that as a possible outcome of said sex.

Well that's a shame that any government agency at any level is required to spend money on contraceptives. People should be taking personal responsibility for their own penises and vaginas. No matter what Josh Howard may say, everyone "CAN control what the penis do".
I agree with this 100%, but the only reason government exists in the first place is because most people don't want to be held accountable for their own actions...

(I could extend this notion to every aspect of life beyond birth control, but why hijack the perfectly useless rant this thread has become?)

Old 01-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #23
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

The Killing of innocent lives will never be de-politicized.

Abortion as a form of Birth Control is flat out MURDER.

That is how many feel on the issue of pro-life, and hey for what it's worth, that is our CHOICE!!!

Where is the voice of the innocent child?
Heck, for many, where is the voice of the Father?

If the desire to save the lives of Children is fanatical, then call me a fanatic.
If the desire to put criminals away, such as terrorists is fanatical, then call me a fanatic.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #24
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I figured out a way to solve funding abortions. Have the women/clinics sell their unborn children to all those science companies researching stem cells. And eventually if/when the science bears out, the funding continues indefinitely because we can then harvest the unborn's body for the requisite tissue. And if we really work at it, we might be able to create some jobs out of this for very fertile women.

If we're going to treat the unborn as a thing rather than a person, might as well close the loop and make a boatload of money selling health products to those of us who are important enough to have been born.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #25
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
This wish for political "unity", for a world where we all sit around a campfire and sing songs while we rationally and sensibly work out our differences of opinion before coming to a mutually agreeable and most importantly cooperative solution is a silly LSD induced pipedream -- it's a wish for something which has never been and will never be.

Politics, to turn a phrase, is war by other means. The essential question of politics is, to borrow another phrase, "who, whom?" ... that is, who is screwing whom? I don't know if my grammar is right, but at the end of the day political issues boil down to questions of how best to divide the spoils of war. The whole shooting-match is inherently divisive -- you simply can't unite people on two sides (actually three sides) of an inherently divisive divide...

...so....as long as Obama and the Uniters want to point a gun at my head and take my money so they can kill babies, we're never going to just sit down and just be hunky dorey. OK?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #26
Underdog

So, Obama is going to fund state-sponsored abortion???

LINK????????

(because that's sure as sh!t what you people are talking about right now...)

Last edited by Underdog; 01-26-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #27
alexamenos
Diamond Member

u2 quoted an article above, and I'm recalling something I read in a paper newspaper over the weekend - O'bama is re-doing the thing where we give money to groups over-seas that kill babies as part of their "services".
Old 01-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #28
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
So, Obama is going to fund state-sponsored abortion???

LINK????????

(because that's sure as sh!t what you people are talking about right now...)
So if my money goes to pay for a European abortion clinics operating costs that is state-sponsored abortion?

Strange.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #29
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
So if my money goes to pay for a European abortion clinics operating costs that is state-sponsored abortion?

Strange.
State, as defined by Webster - you're talking about definition #8, I'm talking about definition #5... Any governing body is a State - I probably should have capitalized that word for clarity (my bad...)

Also (and this doesn't necessarily apply to you) - why do people get up in arms about the government spending their money on abortion, but nobody so much as bats an eyelash when they find out that the products they buy from Wal-Mart are produced by child slave labor overseas?

Not that I'm trying to trivialize the topic of abortion - I just don't understand how folks can get so gung-ho about one issue involving children while being completely aloof towards a similar issue (and I'm not even bringing dead Iraqi babies into this picture...)

Last edited by Underdog; 01-26-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #30
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Also (and this doesn't necessarily apply to you) - why do people get up in arms about the government spending their money on abortion, but nobody so much as bats an eyelash when they find out that the products they buy from Wal-Mart are produced by child slave labor overseas?

Not that I'm trying to trivialize the topic of abortion - I just don't understand how folks can get so gung-ho about one issue involving children while being completely aloof towards a similar issue (and I'm not even bringing dead Iraqi babies into this picture...)

a) I'm all for child slave labor as long as they're asian children and making sneakers;
b) I was equally pissed that the republicans were taking my money and invading foreign countries....

anyhoo....I think it's fair to say that many things the government chooses to do with my money against my will pisses me off, and it's not unreasonable that some piss me off more than others.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #31
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Underdog - It's all deplorable.... but to answer your question... probably because

killing > slave labor
Old 01-26-2009, 12:44 PM   #32
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
a) I'm all for child slave labor as long as they're asian children and making sneakers;
b) I was equally pissed that the republicans were taking my money and invading foreign countries....

anyhoo....I think it's fair to say that many things the government chooses to do with my money against my will pisses me off, and it's not unreasonable that some piss me off more than others.
Sometimes I wish I could give birth to your babies...

(but then we'd be making a strong case in favor of abortion!)

Old 01-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #33
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Underdog - It's all deplorable.... but to answer your question... probably because

killing > slave labor
So what about the dead Iraqi babies then?

Where are the pro-life protests against the war?

Old 01-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #34
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

the executive order signed by obama only allows for funding to be given to groups that provide counseling services. the bush order, which was originally issued by reagan ("the mexico city policy"), prohibited any funding given to any group who mentioned the concept of "terminating pregnancy" as an option to a woman.

the $ are not given for an abortion procedure.

under the obama executive order a counselor can say the word "abortion" or "terminate the pregancy" and not be faced with their assisatnce from the us govenment stopped.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #35
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
So what about the dead Iraqi babies then?

Where are the pro-life protests against the war?
Regarding the Dead Iraqi Babies...the USA responded and took Sadam out of power, who was then tried and put to death.

The USA continues to fight the terrorists in Iraq and when the mission is fully complete we will see more babies saved as a result of USA Actions!!!

Pro-Life activists have a good number who support the current liberation of Iraq and recognize the long term implecations of freedom in Iraq. We recognize that lives are being saved and as a result of the USA taking action on a murderous regime, we will save the lives of so many innocent victims.

Let's hope the current administration does not make the mistake of running before the mission is complete. We have pulled out of Iraq once in the early 90's...if we do it again, now...we run the risk of being hated by Iraqi's for generations, if not Centuries to come...while facilitating a breeding ground for terrorists. We must stay, just as we did in Europe...allowing and encouraging democracy to take shape.

Giving birth to freedom, let's not abort freedom like we have so many children.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #36
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
under the obama executive order a counselor can say the word "abortion" or "terminate the pregancy" and not be faced with their assisatnce from the us govenment stopped.
Reason enough to be pissed -- I don't want my money taken from me and given to someone who might suggest that a mother should kill her baby.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #37
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Regarding the Dead Iraqi Babies...the USA responded and took Sadam out of power, who was then tried and put to death.

The USA continues to fight the terrorists in Iraq and when the mission is fully complete we will see more babies saved as a result of USA Actions!!!

Pro-Life activists have a good number who support the current liberation of Iraq and recognize the long term implecations of freedom in Iraq. We recognize that lives are being saved and as a result of the USA taking action on a murderous regime, we will save the lives of so many innocent victims.

Let's hope the current administration does not make the mistake of running before the mission is complete. We have pulled out of Iraq once in the early 90's...if we do it again, now...we run the risk of being hated by Iraqi's for generations, if not Centuries to come...while facilitating a breeding ground for terrorists. We must stay, just as we did in Europe...allowing and encouraging democracy to take shape.

Giving birth to freedom, let's not abort freedom like we have so many children.
Oh, I get it - the more babies we kill now, the less babies will die later...

War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength

Old 01-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #38
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

^^ certainly your right, it is after all our tax $ that is given to foreign groups.

the greatest contributor to the cycle of families mired in poverty is too many children, and if the size of the family is less there is a much better chance the kids will have of improving their economic status.

that's a positive for our country, both economically and politically.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #39
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well I don't need contraceptives or counseling from the federal government, so I'll take my fair share of the time and resources in check form.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #40
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
^^ certainly your right, it is after all our tax $ that is given to foreign groups.

the greatest contributor to the cycle of families mired in poverty is too many children, and if the size of the family is less there is a much better chance the kids will have of improving their economic status.

that's a positive for our country, both economically and politically.
It's actually probably too few marriages.