Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-30-2002, 01:42 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Emmitt Smith?

Now HE'S a liability. Hambrick should get much more playing time. And yesterday proved it once again. Smith has lost "it".

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2002, 01:59 PM   #2
MavsManiac

MavsManiac is on a distinguished road

I hate to say it, but I think you're right on...

watching him this season has been painful, especially when we need 1 yard for a 1st down... painful to see him crumple when he used to plough through... painful to see him lose yards 90% of the runs & get a couple good runs to get his 60yds for the game

I thought it was the offensive line's inability to do anything right this season, but Emmitt's not his old self either... we need a back that can get something done... if it's Hambrick or Wiley, I don't care... just give us SOME running game so we don't have to depend on Quincy's 5yd passes every 3rd-and-1
Old 09-30-2002, 09:51 PM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I dotn know I think Hambrick did well yestrday against a tired and not so good defense anymore. I think Cowboys are effective when the use Hambrick and WIley abnd bring Emmit in ther esome how. Wiley from what ive seen has some speed and I think maybe he can give Hambrick a run for his money.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 09:52 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Aw crap...I got crucified for saying this not too long ago. Now everyone agrees?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 09:18 PM   #5
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I think yesterday for me was the last straw. Emmitt was a great one, and I really like the guy, but his time is definitely past. He just didn't have it. Troy looked to be much better than him now. Personally, I hope we can get someone like Clarett (spelling?) or Benson in the draft in a couple of years.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 09:37 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be the last person to say Emmitt has had it, but after Sunday's game, I've cleared my throat and I'm ready to speak up as soon as it's my turn. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 10:00 PM   #7
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

I think he's having trouble adjusting to the new scheme, plus a hurt line that is also trying to adjust. Although if this is the case, I say play Hambrick at least 50% of the time. Hambrick doesn't hesitate when coming to the line. He is running north to South more. Emmitt does better when he does this too, but all the years of waiting and cutting back is hard to break. I think it'll all come together with the line in the next couple games, and I would like to see both running backs splitting time, and staying fresh. AND HAMBRICK SHOULD BE IN ON ALL 3rd and 1's
Old 10-02-2002, 09:00 AM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Hell Hambrick or Wiley should. Matter of fact I thought Wiley was our 3rd down back where in the hell is he at when its 3rd and 1? But anyway I hear people sayin its the scheme and u have to wonder Emmitt has been playin gfor over 10 years and has to learn a different scheme and is over 30 years old. Thats got to be hard on anyone but I dont have the stats but every season Emmitt always starts off running horribly and through the mid he starts to come through and run like hell.

1996-2005
Old 10-03-2002, 09:16 PM   #9
MavsManiac

MavsManiac is on a distinguished road

I think Wiley's our 3rd & Long back, since he's more of a big play time receiver outta the backfield (I think his 1st 4 touches as a Buckeye were TD's... anybody back me up on that?)

Hambrick is more of a bust it thru the line 3-and-1 type runner... bring him in, unless of course, this new "grass" is all that Emmitt's been needing to break thru! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2002, 09:52 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Emmitt could be a better QB than Quincy Carter for sure.
Old 10-04-2002, 10:03 PM   #11
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

Emmitt is not the problem...he will be fine. It amazes me how everyone can turn on such a great player, when the line is f****** up. I am really tired on a bunch of over weight guys, not doing their jobs. Even Allen has been just average. Now they are moving him for GADS Sakes. Also once Quincy starts to gain some respect, the 8 man fronts go away and Emmitt can run again..

Give the guy a break...
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 06:08 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Emmitt is not the problem...he will be fine. It amazes me how everyone can turn on such a great player, when the line is f****** up. I am really tired on a bunch of over weight guys, not doing their jobs. Even Allen has been just average. Now they are moving him for GADS Sakes. Also once Quincy starts to gain some respect, the 8 man fronts go away and Emmitt can run again..

Give the guy a break...
>>

I said something simliar to this awhile back. I think ur givin Allen to much respect there. He has been playing like shit. I think we give him a bit more credit becuase he is 1 of the best offensive lineman in the game but hey he has been playing horrible and same goes for the offensive line. Gurode has been playing decent and the guy is only a rookie. People say how far Cowboys go is how ever far Quincy goes. Well I think tis how far our O ilne goes thats how good Cowboys will be. Quincy and the rb's can do very little when there O line is horrible. I dont have the stats but Emmitt in the past couple of years has been starting off bad and ending better then he has started off.

1996-2005
Old 10-06-2002, 06:07 PM   #13
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

Emmitt clearly not the problem this week, he played pretty well, in fact the offense played faitrly well given the line problems. Ths coaches blew this one...
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 06:18 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta pin this one on the defense as well. Last drive by NY was the killer.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 09:34 PM   #15
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

I really hate hwen Cowboys lose when there offense plays well. I think its funny how Galloway breaks his thumb and has hsi best game this season lol. The thing that cost cowboys other than the dumb calls called by hte coaches is when the defense makes 1 bad play on the defense it results in a touchdown. No reason for Hilliard o get hit by 2 guys and still socre the touchdown. I think Quincy played well today agaisnt a number 2 ranked defense.

1996-2005
Old 10-06-2002, 10:24 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Galloway was a warrior today.

Campo should be hung out for that effort.

Emmitt played very well. I hope he can do that many more times this year.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:35 AM   #17
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Emmitt has been averaging 4.3 yards a game, which isn't too bad considering the state of the line right now. I think we need to see an increase in the number of carries.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote