Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #2321
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

a nice little blog concerning the defense that some of the superstars of the NBA have encountered in the playoffs.
http://www.backpicks.com/2011/07/02/...ition-part-ii/
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #2322
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
The dirkster hitting some tennis balls. Just like when he threw out the first pitch, does the dude do anything not full out, he's wailing on those things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBSY2...eature=related
would like to see his serve.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #2323
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Me too...that sucksa has got to be humming.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 07-05-2011 at 10:16 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #2324
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
that's what she said.

maybe
Old 07-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #2325
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Bleacherreport says Dirk is the 12th best player in NBA history.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...he-game/page/2
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #2326
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
Bleacherreport says Dirk is the 12th best player in NBA history.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...he-game/page/2
Instant credibility...pretty good list actually.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #2327
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Instant credibility...pretty good list actually.
LMAO, that list is a joke. Kobe ahead of Duncan, Hakeem and Shaq?

Stockton at 14?

West below him at 17?

Drexler at 20?

One of the worst lists I've seen in awhile.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #2328
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

These lists are silly and impossible.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #2329
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Corporations find they can’t put a price on Nowitzki’s values

Quote:
In the last six weeks, Dirk Nowitzki became an NBA champion, a finals MVP and, according to one measurement, the most marketable basketball player on the planet. But Nowitzki, 33, has never been interested in becoming a global icon or a corporate brand. Even coming off a playoff run that elevated him to a different category of superstar, companies still can’t have him.

Nowitzki has always defied conventional thinking in the NBA. Unlike practically every other player, he doesn’t have an agent, instead handling contract negotiations on his own. His only endorsement contract is a shoe deal with Nike. And now, much to the dismay of several industry experts, Nowitzki is as dismissive as ever about the opportunity to make millions as a spokesman.

“There certainly isn’t a shortage of offers,” Nowitzki recently told the German magazine Spiegel. “You wouldn’t believe how many watch manufacturers have sent me their models. Just like that. I give them all away. I am satisfied with what I have. How crazy do you have to be when you can afford everything but still clutter up your life with all sorts of advertising appointments? No thanks.”

Nowitzki has made roughly $140 million in salary over the course of his career, so it’s not like he’s hurting for money. But in this environment, where the top NBA players can make nearly as much in endorsements as they can on the court, it’s almost inconceivable to turn them down across the board.

It’s difficult to say how much money Nowitzki is leaving on the table, but several industry sources speculated that the number would easily be in the tens of millions over the rest of his career.

“I’ve heard guys say, ‘We’re going to be selective in who we take on as partners, so we can stay focused on the sport,’” said Kevin Adler, president of Chicago-based Engage Marketing. “But for someone who has reached the level of success he has and has the endorsement potential he has, to be more or less completely against the idea of accepting endorsement revenue, is unique to say the least.”

It’s especially jarring right now, with one piece of research released yesterday suggesting that he’s more marketable than any player in the NBA. The Nielsen/E-Poll N-Score continuously tracks the “appeal, awareness and endorsement potential” of athletes through weekly surveys and is often used by companies to evaluate which athletes they should try to partner with.

Before the start of the season last fall, Nowitzki’s N-Score was a 35 – above average for an NBA player, but nowhere close to biggest stars in the sport. In the first measurement since the finals, Nowitzki scored a 132, higher than any active NBA player and even a point higher than Tom Brady, the quintessential American quarterback heartthrob.

“It’s quite a substantial jump,” said Randy Parker, a spokesman for California-based E-Poll. “We frequently see big negative jumps, such as when Tiger Woods crashed his car into a tree. It’s easier to change the public’s perception of an individual in the negative than the positive.”

Andrew Stroth, a Chicago-based attorney who negotiates marketing deals for pro athletes, represented Dwyane Wade in 2006 after he led the Miami Heat to a championship. He has seen first-hand how stars become mega-stars and the opportunities that result from it. And he can’t figure out why Nowitzki seems intent on passing them up, especially with his built-in international appeal and European roots.

“Is it a unique approach or a missed opportunity?” said Stroth, who no longer works with Wade. “He has an opportunity to build generational wealth. I respect he’s 100 percent focused on basketball, but there’s a huge opportunity for him given the strength of the NBA worldwide, and the fact he’s German, it’s a perfect storm. He wins the world championship, he’s a global personality and with the strength of the NBA on a global basis, why wouldn’t you explore opportunities he may never have again?”

But perhaps by turning down endorsements, it will be easier for Nowitzki to maintain his appeal as a different kind of NBA star. It wasn’t just his play during the finals that captured the public’s imagination, but rather his role as the foil to LeBron James. Unlike James, Nowitzki never made a big deal of his free agency last summer, quietly re-signing with Dallas for less money. Unlike James, he was clutch in the fourth quarter. And unlike James, he was only interested in winning championship, not becoming the face of a watch company.

In a way, turning down so much money makes Nowitzki more likable than ever.

“The fact he doesn’t want deals makes him that much more desirable as a spokesperson,” Adler said. “If he ever does take a deal, it’s only going to be a brand he legitimately believes in. And the likelihood of the wear-out factor, where every 10 seconds a guy is endorsing something else, that’s highly unlikely to be the case.”
Old 07-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #2330
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa, Jessica Olsson's boyfriend is more marketable than Gisele Bündchen's husband?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #2331
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha. Dirk, hook a brother up! I'm a watch collector (albeit not nearly the same caliber - pun intended - as the watches you probably get)! I'm partial to IWC :P Yes, I'm a vulture :P

All kidding aside, you gotta love his relationship to sponsorships. I love how he removed all the Gatorade bottles from the stand when he was giving press conferences after the game saying "they don't pay me!"
Old 07-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #2332
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

The commercials Dirk has done for ING DiBA, sponsor of the German basketball league, are all funny and great to watch. I image hundreds if not thousands of companies are envying that insurance firm for having the inside track to Dirk, the elusive advertising actor.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #2333
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
LMAO, that list is a joke. Kobe ahead of Duncan, Hakeem and Shaq?

Stockton at 14?

West below him at 17?

Drexler at 20?

One of the worst lists I've seen in awhile.
i wish you'd go in the comments and shut those haters up like only you can, i'm trying my best but i'm just one man. haha
Old 07-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #2334
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk and Nash did a local recycling commercial many years ago. It was horrible. The weird thing is I don't remember any NBA cares or "public service brought to you by the Mavs" and they weren't in uniform.

I want to see Dirk join Kidd in a new version of the old Goode Taylor commercial.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #2335
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

I want a trophy love part II.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #2336
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk did not get enough credit for his block on Bosh, monster!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #2337
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Dirk did not get enough credit for his block on Bosh, monster!
Are you talking about the block where Bosh tried to dunk, and Dirk jammed his wrist on the play? That was a badass, gutsy block.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #2338
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
i wish you'd go in the comments and shut those haters up like only you can, i'm trying my best but i'm just one man. haha
Bleacher Report N00bs aren't worth my time.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #2339
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Are you talking about the block where Bosh tried to dunk, and Dirk jammed his wrist on the play? That was a badass, gutsy block.
Yep, where Bosh tried to dunk on a semi fast-break i think and Dirk came from the side and blocked the hell out of it.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #2340
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Bleacherreport is essentially a site where anyone can go and post nonsense. Credibility should NEVER be used when describing that site. It's good for a few laughs and little else.
Quite a few of the comments are by Heat fans and I certainly love the comment where the poster Rick James states all the reasons the Mavs won and writes that the Mavs were lucky to draw the Heat. I would like for this poorly read poster to explain why just about every analyst picked teams other than the Mavs for the most part.
And Rick James forgot to mention Malone is better at raping 13 year old girls and neglecting his children than Dirk. Oh wait...Dirk hasn't raped anyone and doesn't have any kids.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #2341
Fintastic4

Fintastic4 is on a distinguished road
Default Pau better than Dirk?

ESPN thinks so. "Best Big Man in the West" Gasol comes in at #6 best player in '10-'11 followed by Dirk at #7.
Fintastic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #2342
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintastic4 View Post
ESPN thinks so. "Best Big Man in the West" Gasol comes in at #6 best player in '10-'11 followed by Dirk at #7.
I'm not sure that slideshow was actually ranking the players from one to ten, but was more just 10 pictures of the best players. If it was a list, then it was just incredibly bad. The title for Pau's picture "Best Big Man in the West?" did have a question mark, but it's still ridiculous. No one could possibly think that after watching the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/photos/galler...9/best-players
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #2343
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

It's a slideshow of the best players of the 2010-2011 season, not an actual ranking of any sort. And if you read carefully, you'll see that they're referring to Gasol's play in the first quarter of the season-where he did carry the team often.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #2344
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk was at the ESPY Pre-Show Party yesterday. Unfortunately not many pics available so far. Tyson was also there ... no pics so far with him :/

Last edited by j0Shi; 07-13-2011 at 07:42 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #2345
Fintastic4

Fintastic4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurred1 View Post
It's a slideshow of the best players of the 2010-2011 season, not an actual ranking of any sort. And if you read carefully, you'll see that they're referring to Gasol's play in the first quarter of the season-where he did carry the team often.
It certainly resembled a ranking - Lebron at #1 with Kobe, D-Rose, Howard - the other guys you'd expect to be in the top five. That along with the "Best Big Man in the West?" suggestion. I'm not trying to slam Pau - I love his game. But right now that's comparing apples to grapes and if you include the playoffs it's a downright comical suggestion. Would expect stuff like that from Hoopspeak or some other crap site - but not ESPN.
Fintastic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:03 AM   #2346
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

And no Cardinal pics
Old 07-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #2347
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

LOL

Link

In these pictures I can’t help but to notice Dirk’s boy from his home land of Germany was memorized by my camera flash and every time I took a picture of Dirk he stared straight into the flash blinding himself like a deer in head lights. I couldn’t snap a picture of Dirk without his boy Hans getting face time. Check it out I thought it was mad funny.

Dirk's boy is actually Cardinal. Cardinal by Dirk's side is getting kind of creepy though
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #2348
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.

I'd be freaked the F out if I saw this lurking in the back of a dark vehicle.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #2349
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Old 07-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #2350
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

What is saddam doing driving the car?
Old 07-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #2351
CoachBindel

CoachBindel is a jewel in the roughCoachBindel is a jewel in the roughCoachBindel is a jewel in the roughCoachBindel is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
What is saddam doing driving the car?

CoachBindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #2352
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post

LOL.

I'd be freaked the F out if I saw this lurking in the back of a dark vehicle.
Lol greatness!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:27 AM   #2353
Chrisgopher

Chrisgopher will become famous soon enough

I will let Shaq tell everybody why Dirk is great (it's overlayed with german text :\ but you can hear the last part! )

http://shrt.fm/pFxEHr
Chrisgopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #2354
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisgopher View Post
I will let Shaq tell everybody why Dirk is great (it's overlayed with german text :\ but you can hear the last part! )

http://shrt.fm/pFxEHr
With some Moses Malone Top 10? Huh?

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #2355
Chrisgopher

oh how embarrassing, my bad. This is the right link.

http://www.shortform.com/ChrisGopher...-on-dirk-funny
Old 07-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #2356
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Was this posted yet? Fish posted it today. Home video from the early 90's of Dirk skiing, hanging out, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_6z7...embedded#at=69

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #2357
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Was this posted yet? Fish posted it today. Home video from the early 90's of Dirk skiing, hanging out, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_6z7...embedded#at=69
WTF Dirk? Wearing a Mets hat??

Nice link.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #2358
Chrisgopher

lol has anybody seen this? What can't this guy do?

http://shrt.fm/qdB0nU
Old 07-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #2359
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Bad Radio is on vacation this week, so for their weekly podcast their intern put together all (or at least a bunch) of their yearly interviews with Dirk, starting with one in 2000, if I heard correctly.

I haven't had a chance to listen to these yet, but I'm sure they're awesome.

http://www.bobanddan.com/Podcast/110715a.mp3

http://www.bobanddan.com/Podcast/110715b.mp3

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #2360
gmb

gmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nice

I'm on the second podcast. Dirk is so real with it and so funny.
gmb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer