Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-02-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which do you think could happen?

If the Mike James deal does go through, and you have Terry, Harris, James, Stack, (possibly Griff),and Ager all vying for PT at the guards position. That makes Quis the odd man out, IMO.

From what I have seen, and what I have read on PPod, Dallas needs to be cutting tyes with him as well so that they can be refining their roster.

From Realgm: I have checkd a few trading scenerios, and here are the best ones that seem like they might be possible.

Malik Rose for Quis and PPod. If NY really wants to jetison him, and Dallas wants a vet PF that will rebound and scrap -- this might be a good fit.

Des Mason for Quis and PPod. I am not sure NO would do this, it depends on what they really think of all three players. It works with the #'s, but not sure either side would do it.

Joe Smith for Quis and PPod. This one has some merit, but I would doubt Milwalkee doing it. With their recent additions though, maybe they want to move him, and I think Daniels would work wonderfully with them. Villenueva, Bogut, Gadzurik, and then the ability to move Magloire -- all kind of make Joe Smith movable.

Turkoglu or Battie, and Ariza for Quis and PPod. Not sure that Orlando would do this, but it would add a legitimate backcourt vet who can score in the paint for them. Battie doesn't really fit in their plans with D. Howard, and Milicic. I am sure that G. Hill is their starting SF when healthy, but when has he been healthy? Not sure they would do it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

So of these scenerios, which one would you pick? I lean towards Joe Smith, because I think he could be a good fit behind and with Dirk. I am not sure he has the defense to play with this team though. Malik Rose makes some sense because he played with Avery, and has some of the D, but has no O. Des makes sense as the starting SG, but not sure NO does it.

Who knows? These are just some scenerios to think about. Thoughts?
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

If the Mike James deal does go through? What rumored deal?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
If the Mike James deal does go through? What rumored deal?

We made an offer to Mike James.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote