Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mark: Players who don't give effort will be gone next season

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...ve-effort.html

Quote:
Mark Cuban: Players who don't give effort will be gone next season
2:37 PM Tue, Mar 03, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Suffice to say that Mark Cuban is steamed after witnessing last night's embarrassment up I-35.

"It's only one game, which I keep reminding myself of today," Cuban told reporters today. "But let's just say I wasn't happy with our preparation, execution or effort. Not only did it look like we had no idea what we were doing, but we did it without effort. The effort and energy, on both sides of the ball, by each player will decide their future with the Mavericks.

"If each player can't take the personal initiative to make every game important and play like it, I don't see them being here next season. The ball won't always bounce the way we want it to, but every player can control their level of effort. If it's not important enough to them to lay it out every game the rest of the season, they won't be back. I don't care what their contract is. I would rather turn over the roster 100 percent than subject fans to another game like last night.

"This team has the talent to win in the playoffs. But that's only going to happen if all 15 guys know and execute their assignments and play every possession like it's important."
Credit to mavsgirl4134 for finding this...

Last edited by bernardos70; 03-04-2009 at 03:49 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I'll believe it when I see them get rid of Devean George.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

If true, Howard/George/Damp should all be gone.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Guess we'll see what happens.

I, for one, don't wanna just let it end with the regular season and just missing out. I still want them in the playoffs. I don't want to tank.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Ill miss you Josh!
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #6
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

We should've taken Shaq before the trade deadline.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

F*ck Mark Cuban. ""This team has the talent to win in the playoffs..." What a joke.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

They'll be gone next season...as long as it doesn't cost you money, right, bro?

This from the guy who sent Steve Nash and Michael Finley packing.

You reap what you sow, my man. If it's all about the money for you, that climate is going to trickle on down. You reap what you sow.

Go ahead and turn that roster over for guys like Nash and Finley who sell out every night. See how successful you are in doing so.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #9
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

I would have cut Josh Howard a long time ago.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #10
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
F*ck Mark Cuban. ""This team has the talent to win in the playoffs..." What a joke.
Yea that pissed me off more than anything. He still thinks this team actually has talent on it outside of Josh, JET, Kidd and Dirk.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #11
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Yea that pissed me off more than anything. He still thinks this team actually has talent on it outside of Josh, JET, Kidd and Dirk.
The is some at least average talent outside of that group. I'd say guys like Wright, Bass, Singleton are nice to have...they're not up to snuff with those 4, but they're talented.

If this team is zeroed in, I know that's asking a lot, (based on the teams that are in) this team could beat Denver, Houston, Portland in a 7 game series. The other teams, I'm not easily sold.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:44 AM   #12
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Why do people include Josh when they are talking about JET/Kidd/Dirk

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-04-2009, 01:02 AM   #13
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

im actually happy bout this article, but chumdawg, good point on Nash/Finley for real. i haven't been more upset about a game in a while, and even my friends who either have a different favorite team or don't really like bball at all but jus know i ADORE MY MAVS made fun of me all day for losing to the thunder. this one hurt ladies and gentlemen.

but i do like that mark really shared his frustration, whether what he said was a stretch or not, which i know to an extent it was. i guess al i wanted was jus SOMEONE whether it be dirk or mark or someone very important to this team, to say something bout last night. that was flat out embarassing. ughhh makes me sicc...

anyway, lets regroup and beat the spurts, right?!?!? right??? riiiiight... (hope you can sense my HUGE confidence i have in this team!!!)
xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:18 AM   #14
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I'm sure Cuban is out there yelling at the refs because he's worried about the financial impact of that last foul call.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:23 AM   #15
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The is some at least average talent outside of that group. I'd say guys like Wright, Bass, Singleton are nice to have...they're not up to snuff with those 4, but they're talented.

If this team is zeroed in, I know that's asking a lot, (based on the teams that are in) this team could beat Denver, Houston, Portland in a 7 game series. The other teams, I'm not easily sold.
Well there are a lot of one dimensional guys on this team. You have guys who can shoot well but can't defend to save their lives. You have guys who can defend well but can't shoot. And some guys are just inconsistent. Bass and Singleton were nice finds but I think you can find a Bass and Singleton on every team in this league but instead they're other teams 9th or 10th player in their teams rotation. As far as this team beating Denver, Houston or Portland I haven't seen anything from this team to suggest we could go on the road and win in either town. I'd like to be optimistic but I can't. And if this team does get into the postseason they sure won't be playing any of the above teams. They'll be facing the Lakers and good luck predicting how that series will go. I can't even believe we're still talking about this team not getting up to play teams with two of their best players out in the month of March.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 03-04-2009 at 01:24 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:26 AM   #16
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
They'll be gone next season...as long as it doesn't cost you money, right, bro?

This from the guy who sent Steve Nash and Michael Finley packing.

You reap what you sow, my man. If it's all about the money for you, that climate is going to trickle on down. You reap what you sow.

Go ahead and turn that roster over for guys like Nash and Finley who sell out every night. See how successful you are in doing so.
I'll say that about Nash and Finley. I've never questioned their heart or their want to win. When did we start putting this team together full of guys who don't give effort night in and night out?
Old 03-04-2009, 01:36 AM   #17
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll say that about Nash and Finley. I've never questioned their heart or their want to win. When did we start putting this team together full of guys who don't give effort night in and night out?
When we put money over basketball.

Spitting the bit on Nash showed that Cuban was a two-year-old racehorse. Taking the cash instead of Finley showed that Cuban is more worried about his pocketbook than he is about his basketball team.

Being both incompetent and also selfish doesn't engender a whole lot of confidence. I'll admit, I've taken a Cuban-like attitude toward the team in the last couple years. My time is worth something, as is my money at the arena and my attention during the ads on the broadcasts, and if I'm not getting the right return on my investment, why should I bother?

Cuban made it all about the bottom line. Why is he surprised when the players do the same thing?

And for that matter...what the hell is he threatening, saying that guys won't be here no matter what their contract is?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:28 AM   #18
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

How ANYONE can say Cuban "made it about the bottom line" is far beyond me.

First he signed Dampier to his enormous contract ($13M per if I remember correctly).
Then he paid Fin to go home.
Then he absorbed essentially $80M in salary with the Kidd deal.

So the luxury money he'd be paying Fin and Nash (who BTW never accomplished anything here but scoring a lot of points and getting burned in the playoffs) he gave to players that better fit a championship mold (Dampier and Kidd).

Need I remind you that the Mavericks were one of the only teams to operate last year at a loss? That's because Cubes is throwing TONS of money into the team -- not cutting back.

Did all of the moves work? No. But I can tell you I'd rather have a shotblocking big man and one of the 5 best point guards of all-time here (read: this list does not include Steve Nash) than a 74-year-old backcourt that can't defend.

Last edited by spreedom; 03-04-2009 at 02:28 AM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:38 AM   #19
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Cubes tries. You can bitch because he tries and fails, but really, would you rather be Cubes trying, or the f'ig Maloofs giving up?

Chum, you've got a short memory. Nash wasn't taking this team anywhere...just like he hasn't taken Phoenix anywhere. He's pretty much become the answer to a triviia question--name the two-time MPV whose team didn't do jack shit. As for Finley, people on this board don't understand what a sunk cost is...and clearly, no matter how good Finley's contribution the last three years (no better than mediorcre, btw), there is absolutely 0% chance he was worth the $52MM the Mavs would have had to pay him over that time.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:39 AM   #20
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

And BTW I'm guessing Cubes is referring to benchwarmers like Shawne, Gerald (who can do apparently nothing right) and Stack (who has AGAIN taken forever to get back on the court following an injury).
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:40 AM   #21
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

your implication is that the Mavs would be better off with Finley. Really? we need another over-the-hill jump shooter>?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
When we put money over basketball.

Spitting the bit on Nash showed that Cuban was a two-year-old racehorse. Taking the cash instead of Finley showed that Cuban is more worried about his pocketbook than he is about his basketball team.

Being both incompetent and also selfish doesn't engender a whole lot of confidence. I'll admit, I've taken a Cuban-like attitude toward the team in the last couple years. My time is worth something, as is my money at the arena and my attention during the ads on the broadcasts, and if I'm not getting the right return on my investment, why should I bother?

Cuban made it all about the bottom line. Why is he surprised when the players do the same thing?

And for that matter...what the hell is he threatening, saying that guys won't be here no matter what their contract is?
Old 03-04-2009, 02:43 AM   #22
bobatundi
Golden Member

So Damp, Shawne, Gerald will be gone next season. Fingers crossed for George. Who cares?
Old 03-04-2009, 03:50 AM   #23
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

Cube means he will shop everyone and not necessarily for talent but possibly for multiple draft picks. He will keep Dirk, Jet, and try to re-sign Kidd.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 03-04-2009 at 03:51 AM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:26 AM   #24
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry, my dad's a TV repair man. He's got the ultimate set of tools. We can fix this.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:26 AM   #25
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

At least Cuban is saying the right things. Nice to see someone with some fire this season.

He better mean it though.

I actually agree that this team has enough talent to push a series, or two. The real problem is effort. It really has not been there consistently all season. I'm glad Carlisle has begun to bench a no-show like Damp in favor of Singleton. It is time to start punishing players who don't show up and produce.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-04-2009 at 04:42 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:47 AM   #26
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Cuban had put forth this ultimatum during the Golden State series a couple seasons ago...

Too little, too late - we all know how this is going to turn out...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-04-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #27
sphincs

sphincs will become famous soon enough

I agree with Cuban! Even if the team is not so competitive this year, the players have to play each game with effort and energy otherwise the can go away...

Last edited by sphincs; 03-04-2009 at 08:21 AM.
sphincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #28
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

It seems to me like he can't admit that he and Donnie have made some major mistakes in assembling the team, so he has to blame the players' effort.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #29
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Cubes tries. You can bitch because he tries and fails, but really, would you rather be Cubes trying, or the f'ig Maloofs giving up?

Chum, you've got a short memory. Nash wasn't taking this team anywhere...just like he hasn't taken Phoenix anywhere. He's pretty much become the answer to a triviia question--name the two-time MPV whose team didn't do jack shit. As for Finley, people on this board don't understand what a sunk cost is...and clearly, no matter how good Finley's contribution the last three years (no better than mediorcre, btw), there is absolutely 0% chance he was worth the $52MM the Mavs would have had to pay him over that time.
ditto.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #30
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would rather turn over the roster 100 percent than subject fans to another game like last night.
Whatever else one might say, right on Cuban for this sentiment. I know I'm supposed to be "ooh mavericks, I love you know matter what".....but the lousy ass effort and the piss poor attention they give to the little things is something I don't care to subject myself to.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #31
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Right now is the time for season ticket renewals.

I wonder if this decree is a way to appease the ticket holders as well.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #32
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
....As for Finley, people on this board don't understand what a sunk cost is......
ahem

Some don't understand sunk costs, but others do.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #33
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So Damp, Shawne, Gerald will be gone next season. Fingers crossed for George. Who cares?

I don't follow this. What did Shawne and Green do to deserve getting booted?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #34
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yes, Josh has talent, but he's dumb as hell. I would rather keep Singleton than Josh. Yes, he doesn't have that amount of talent, but I really like to see him hustle all the time and his energy on the court. The rest (maby execpt Bass and Wright) can go. George, Damp, Stack, etc... I can already see me celebrating the day on which especially these three are going to be cut.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 03-04-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #35
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

It would be rather odd if Cuban said, "You suck!....but Play Harder!"

Yep.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 03-04-2009 at 10:57 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #36
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
And BTW I'm guessing Cubes is referring to benchwarmers like Shawne, Gerald (who can do apparently nothing right) and Stack (who has AGAIN taken forever to get back on the court following an injury).

What sense does it make to come out and complain mostly about the effort when talking about guys that rarely get minutes? I think he's talking about everyone on the roster who logs minutes. He could take a hit on trading guys if he really meant what he is saying is guess. Dirk, Damp ,jet and Jho are all guilty of slacking on both ends of the floor.

I hope like hell he means what he says but I don't believe it. It after all is still a business. Excuses will be made when the time comes to back up the words. This team won't buckle down, they can't, the ones who could lift us up and carry us have too many miles on them and don't seem to have the stamina to consistently do so.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #37
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

When the Grizzlies were shopping Pau Gasol for expiring contracts it sure would've been great to have had Finley's expiring contract to deal. And that was my whole problem with the Fin and Nash departure. We kept letting solid players on this team go for nothing. Giving up Marquis Daniels for Croshere, letting Fin go for nothing letting Nash go for nothing. There's no wonder this team's talent keeps getting worse by the year and it keeps aging. You can't fault Cuban for trying to save money. But if he's going to save money than why sign guys like Dampier for big deals? Why sign Diop to a 5 year deal? Its sort of hard to get a grasp of what the approach Cuban is taking with this team.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #38
TheMaverick
Golden Member

What happens if Dallas goes out tonight and blows out the Spurs, will you guys give Cuban any credit?

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #39
TheMaverick
Golden Member

here are some of the comments to this Cuban article

Honest question, do you guys feel that the issue is one of effort? or one of talent?

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #40
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
here are some of the comments to this Cuban article

Honest question, do you guys feel that the issue is one of effort? or one of talent?

Effort! Sure we don't have the talent to win it all probably, but there have been games where the entire team plays together like they want it and have to have it and I said well wait a second, if somehow they could bottle this for the playoffs sure we could win it all. Problem is effort, we don't see the defense from our key guys, we don't see enough of the little things, it's like they leave that for our role players.

Tags
extremegayness, i want my money back, idots, patooey, people are idiots, spiral is the new chum, thread diarreah