Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-18-2023, 11:07 PM   #1
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
WE ARE STARTING DWIGHT POWELL. THAT IS ALL.
Exactly my point. It's a starting Center problem and a coaching problem. Surely no one thinks Nerlens would come here and start?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 11:09 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Exactly my point. It's a starting Center problem and a coaching problem. Surely no one thinks Nerlens would come here and start?
If you're also getting Bojan, then it's a no brainer. You're getting an upgrade, no matter how bad, at center and a HUGE upgrade in the wing.

Fans seems to poo poo how good Bojan has been this season. I give up an unprotected first without hesitation. Remember that we traded for a 35 year old Jason Kidd and won a ring. Age doesn't really bug me when we need to win now.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 11:16 PM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
If you're also getting Bojan, then it's a no brainer. You're getting an upgrade, no matter how bad, at center and a HUGE upgrade in the wing.

Fans seems to poo poo how good Bojan has been this season. I give up an unprotected first without hesitation. Remember that we traded for a 35 year old Jason Kidd and won a ring. Age doesn't really bug me when we need to win now.
I'm all for Bojan 100%, I've just seen every mention of him tied to Nerlens Noel. Even seen Nerlens mentioned solo as a player to get as if he matters.

I guess I'd give up an unprotected 1st mostly because we have Green and Hardy. The difference between getting 35yr old Kidd is that we had a much better roster back then than we do now.

Old 01-18-2023, 11:23 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think you?re confusing things.

Is Noel a star/starting-caliber player? No.

Is this team so sad, broken, and desperate for rebounding and bigs that he honestly could start and play 25min? Yes. Yes we are. As sad as that is, he?d be our best center by a mile kind of like when we picked up Sam Dalembert and he was the best of a shitty lot.

The alternative is we pay the Spurs 2025/2027 draft picks for Poeltl and the rest of our trades are Bullock for Reddish which isn?t a strong playoff team and also tapped out until the end of th decade.

Good centers are expensive and everyone has a good one except for us

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-18-2023 at 11:25 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 04:03 PM   #5
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think you?re confusing things.

Is Noel a star/starting-caliber player? No.

Is this team so sad, broken, and desperate for rebounding and bigs that he honestly could start and play 25min? Yes. Yes we are. As sad as that is, he?d be our best center by a mile kind of like when we picked up Sam Dalembert and he was the best of a shitty lot.

The alternative is we pay the Spurs 2025/2027 draft picks for Poeltl and the rest of our trades are Bullock for Reddish which isn?t a strong playoff team and also tapped out until the end of th decade.

Good centers are expensive and everyone has a good one except for us
Maybe i am confusing some things, but Part of my message is that, could Noel get 25mins or starter role here if a sane FO and coach were at the helm? Possibly. Would he get it as it stands now? No. Dwight Pow wouldn't be unseated by Noel.

Also, I wouldn't be expecting any kind of tangible turnaround if he came and did start because I don't thinks he's making much difference.

Old 01-23-2023, 10:25 PM   #6
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Maybe i am confusing some things, but Part of my message is that, could Noel get 25mins or starter role here if a sane FO and coach were at the helm? Possibly. Would he get it as it stands now? No. Dwight Pow wouldn't be unseated by Noel.

Also, I wouldn't be expecting any kind of tangible turnaround if he came and did start because I don't think he's making much difference.
Noel is a better rebounder and defender than Powell.

He's more mobile also.

I wouldn't go by the Noel that was here with Rick. He's does a lot of the defensive things Kleber does when Kleber was healthy.

In fact, I'd say you could play him and Wood together and that would solve some of our rim protection issues with a slight boost to rebounding.

I feel the same way about R.Holmes although he's not as good as Noel defensively out in space.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote