Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-31-2001, 10:23 AM   #1
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Announcement on $88M package could come soon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

TORONTO -- Vince Carter could be close to an $88 million deal that keeps him with the Toronto Raptors through 2008, according to a report Tuesday in the Globe and Mail in Toronto.

"Vince is very happy with the direction of the team and the energy around it right now," Carter's agent, Merle Scott, told the Globe and Mail. "When you sign three major pieces of the puzzle, that shows the confidence those people have in the team. I know he's happy that they're back. They've set the stage for Vince to make his decision."

A announcement of the six-year deal could come as soon as Wednesday.

Carter even told reporters at his basketball camp that a decision on his future could be close.

"A lot has happened to the team for (the) better," Carter said. "I don't want to keep, keep, keep every time worrying myself over it. I'm thinking (Wednesday) I want to make my decision. I can't really tell you (but) I want it to be soon, it's time for me to start getting back in shape and fine-tuning myself for my season."
More from ESPN...
Reports: Olajuwon developing some options
The Rockets increased their ...

ESPN Tools
Email story

Most sent stories

Old 07-31-2001, 12:31 PM   #2
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

I guess he wants to stay in the spotlight, he doesn't want to share it with another star on another team!
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 01:38 AM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Im a bit surprised...I thought he would get out of Canada. Good for him for staying and building on from last year.
Old 08-01-2001, 02:56 AM   #4
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah that's right, I'm too pesimistic about Vince. I really like it that he stays on the team he started to build up.
Old 08-01-2001, 11:21 AM   #5
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Yes in the days where loyalty is NON EXISTENT it's nice that someone is willing to stay where they started. I tell you what, Toronto has a good team up there too, a team they could be proud of. Just imagine if Stoudamire and McGrady stayed?? Well they wouldn't have been able to afford all of them, but that would be some squad, Stoudamire, McGrady, Carter, Davis and Olajuwan [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2001, 04:41 AM   #6
Platinum Member

They really wouldn't have been able to keep those players, but if you can imagine...