Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of
Default LAKERS SIGN DJ MBENGA FOR REMAINDER OF SEASON

The Los Angeles Lakers have signed free agent center Didier “DJ” Ilunga-Mbenga for the remainder of the season, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak.

Mbenga, a 7-foot, 220 pound native of the Congo, signed a second 10-day contract with the Lakers on February 1st after signing his first 10-day contract with the Lakers on January 21st. In 8 games with the Lakers, Mbenga has averaged 2.3 points, 2.1 rebounds and 0.75 blocks in 7.1 minutes. Earlier in the season, Mbenga signed with the Golden State Warriors November 17 after spending three seasons with the Dallas Mavericks prior to their request for waivers on him October 30. In 16 games with the Warriors prior to his release January 6, Mbenga averaged 1.2 points, 1.9 rebounds and 0.63 blocked shots in 8.1 minutes.

After signing with Dallas as a rookie free agent in 2004, Mbenga, 27, played 79 games over three seasons with the Mavericks, totaling 106 points, 75 rebounds and 35 blocked shots in 374 minutes. In his rookie year of 2004-05, he averaged 4.10 blocks per 48 minutes played while improving to 5.00 blocks per 48 minutes in 2005-06. In 2006-07 he was limited to just 21 games after missing the first 16 games of the year with a left foot tendon strain and suffering a torn right ACL 2/7/07 vs. Memphis.

In 103 career games including two starts, Mbenga is averaging 1.4 points, 1.2 rebounds and 0.50 blocked shots in 5.4 minutes.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080211mbengasigned.html
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Good for DJ. Maybe Kareem or whomever is teaching their bigs can help him out. The mavs sure don't have any big men coaches that are doing squat.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Glad to see him finding a spot in the NBA. I still think it was a dumb move to let him just walk.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Just imagine if he goes on to win 2 MVP's? We'll never hear the end of it!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:13 PM   #5
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I see ur point... but just imagine a game 7 against the Lakers in the WCF a Mavs player drives to the hole down by one and somehow he gets thru and has a open lay up to win it, but then DJ from no where leaps and send the ball into the 13ths row as the Lakers win...see there are ways that he can still hurt us.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yea I hated losing Mbenga but won't fault the Mavs for it. I still don't understand why their wasn't more suitors for MBenga. With his youth(for a center), athleticism and size I was shocked that someone like the Spurs or Celtics weren't interested. Hate that the Mavs let him go though.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
The Los Angeles Lakers have signed free agent center Didier “DJ” Ilunga-Mbenga for the remainder of the season, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak.

Mbenga, a 7-foot, 220 pound native of the Congo, signed a second 10-day contract with the Lakers on February 1st after signing his first 10-day contract with the Lakers on January 21st. In 8 games with the Lakers, Mbenga has averaged 2.3 points, 2.1 rebounds and 0.75 blocks in 7.1 minutes. Earlier in the season, Mbenga signed with the Golden State Warriors November 17 after spending three seasons with the Dallas Mavericks prior to their request for waivers on him October 30. In 16 games with the Warriors prior to his release January 6, Mbenga averaged 1.2 points, 1.9 rebounds and 0.63 blocked shots in 8.1 minutes.

After signing with Dallas as a rookie free agent in 2004, Mbenga, 27, played 79 games over three seasons with the Mavericks, totaling 106 points, 75 rebounds and 35 blocked shots in 374 minutes. In his rookie year of 2004-05, he averaged 4.10 blocks per 48 minutes played while improving to 5.00 blocks per 48 minutes in 2005-06. In 2006-07 he was limited to just 21 games after missing the first 16 games of the year with a left foot tendon strain and suffering a torn right ACL 2/7/07 vs. Memphis.

In 103 career games including two starts, Mbenga is averaging 1.4 points, 1.2 rebounds and 0.50 blocked shots in 5.4 minutes.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080211mbengasigned.html

quit starting threads. Why can't this be added with the other worthless DJ threads. Not every little blurb on nba.com deserves its own thread.

I'm going to start negative rep. you for every stupid thread you start.

horse, you have started 34 threads. You only have 366 posts. That means for ever 10 of your worthless posts, you create a stupid thread. Now quit doing it.

And if you want to trade negative reps. back and forth go ahead. I bet my neg. rep weight is considerably more than yours.

Last edited by MavsX; 02-12-2008 at 01:44 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:43 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Horse, I'd like to thank you - out of your 34 threads & 366 posts, you've managed to not only keep from bitching ad nauseum about the Mavs, but you've also entertained in a most innocent fashion... We need more posters like you!

~~~ Keep it up! ~~~

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Horse, I'd like to thank you - out of your 34 threads & 366 posts, you've managed to not only keep from bitching ad nauseum about the Mavs, but you've also entertained in a most innocent fashion... We need more posters like you!

~~~ Keep it up! ~~~

you my friend....are a rat bastard.

keep stirring the pot

Last edited by MavsX; 02-12-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
you my friend....are a rat bastard.

keep stirring the pot

Well, that's just like, YOUR opinion man...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-12-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #11
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog

Well, that's just like, YOUR opinion man...

that is too funny.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #12
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
I see ur point... but just imagine a game 7 against the Lakers in the WCF a Mavs player drives to the hole down by one and somehow he gets thru and has a open lay up to win it, but then DJ from no where leaps and send the ball into the 13ths row as the Lakers win...see there are ways that he can still hurt us.
But you know what is way more likely to happen? Bass scoring 10 points to help us beat them by 10.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #13
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
But you know what is way more likely to happen? Bass scoring 10 points to help us beat them by 10.
Could be...it could also be a broke play at the end tht DJ piks up the ball and put it in for the win...am just saying..anything can happen

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:13 PM   #14
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:

quit starting threads. Why can't this be added with the other worthless DJ threads. Not every little blurb on nba.com deserves its own thread.

I'm going to start negative rep. you for every stupid thread you start.

horse, you have started 34 threads. You only have 366 posts. That means for ever 10 of your worthless posts, you create a stupid thread. Now quit doing it.

And if you want to trade negative reps. back and forth go ahead. I bet my neg. rep weight is considerably more than yours.
who r u anyway???
every one is doing that!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 04:33 PM   #15
bernardos70
Diamond Member

I know, right horse? I support horse and all of those that along with him graduated from the Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:37 PM   #16
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
who r u anyway???
every one is doing that!!!

hi, my name is Matt, but i go by MavsX. Yeah cause that's a good excuse..everybody is doing it. So yeah, lets just fill up our forums with a bunch of worthless threads. Real smart. Listen kid, next time use the search function first. These threads have no merit. I'm still going to give you negative rep. until you learn.

See ya around buddy.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:44 PM   #17
horse900703
Diamond Member

Quote:
hi, my name is Matt, but i go by MavsX. Yeah cause that's a good excuse..everybody is doing it. So yeah, lets just fill up our forums with a bunch of worthless threads. Real smart. Listen kid, next time use the search function first. These threads have no merit. I'm still going to give you negative rep. until you learn.

See ya around buddy.
fuck u bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #18
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
f*ck u b*tch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(i changed the kids language to appeal to the community standards)

can we get a moderator to come clean up this kids language. You know kid, you are really showing your age with all your posts...yeah he's 17.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #19
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

lmao!!! OoOoO Mavsx just got pwned!!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:47 AM   #20
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
lmao!!! OoOoO Mavsx just got pwned!!!!
How does one pronounce pwned? Does it sound like pooned?

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:18 AM   #21
horse900703
Diamond Member

Quote:
(i changed the kids language to appeal to the community standards)

can we get a moderator to come clean up this kids language. You know kid, you are really showing your age with all your posts...yeah he's 17.

HAHA,VERY NICE PICTURE!!!!
GO TO HELL

Last edited by horse900703; 02-13-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #22
MavsX
Diamond Member

good comeback.