Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-23-2008, 08:06 AM   #321
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Are you done yet???? Come on u2.

Watch it at your desk all day...quit your job. Watch 24. The clock is ticking.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:36 PM   #322
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I've got 3 hours left. But to this point every major plot point from Day 2 was duplicated in Day 6. This season must have been a fan favorite, and the writers were out of ideas so they changed a few things around and refilmed it.... to a disastrous effect I might add.

The only plot point I don't see replicated in Day 6 was the wife of the President key in the treason. But they DID cast a member of Day 2 as the wife of the President.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #323
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

By the way... I watched the last hour at lunch today. Interesting conclusion.

So I suppose now that Day3 starts at the end of Day2? What the heck. Get Jack some frickin' sleep!

I now think for sure Day 6 they tried to compile all the plot points of Day 2... what with the President being medically compromised?

Don't tell me though. I will get the DVD's on Sunday. Fun times.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #324
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

**SPOILER**

Flaco, was it season 3 where Jack breaks down at the end or was it Season 2? I really thought it was Season 2 but then I remembered it ended with Palmer going down.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-25-2008 at 09:22 PM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #325
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, season 3.

btw, everyone, the color to render your posts invisible is #f6f8fa.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-25-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #326
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Okay so I went and got Disc 1 from my dealer(Brother) last night.

I just finished the first hour. So your gonna tell me that Jack is a druggie now? And Sylar is the lead techno CTU agent with Kim working there also? And is the whole season about a virus?

He needs to stay with Kate though. He needs to tap that.

The girl at the end of last season that shook President Palmers hand before it turned to melty goo.... wasn't she in Day 1?

Also.... wasn't Salazar in Day 6?

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-26-2008 at 12:37 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #327
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The thing you come to realize about 24, is that there is always going to be a period of years between seasons. Things change. Things are very different.

I think I read that day 7 is supposedly taking place in like...2019 or something like that. It's weird.

Was it day 2 that Jack shot that guy and then cut off his head? I thought it was Day 3 but it looks like I'm wrong...I was gonna ask you how you liked that.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:03 PM   #328
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

That was brutal. But Jack is brutal when he has to be.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:52 PM   #329
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

that was AWESOOMMME.

and yes that girl was one of the biatches at the beginning of Season 1.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #330
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

What a "what the heck" moment. This day started slow.... but man has it gone to the top of the list so far for me. I can't wait to see what happens next.

And in case you are wondering where I'm at..... the plane with Ramone Salazar just landed and they got off..... and the exchange between Hector and Jack... with Tony back at CTU.... unbelievably awesome.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:02 PM   #331
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Nina Myers AGAIN? Is she going to be the antagonist in every season despite 6?

I hope we get back story on her explaining her extreme hatred for America.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #332
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah you don't get a lot of back story in 24.

Nina is going to do something really...disruptive. It's pretty sweet. Actually I don't remember every detail....she may do a lot of things.

Keep watching.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #333
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I wish Chloe would get Teri'd.... or Booned.

Could we fly Chloe to Nina Myers and let her deal with her?

edit: Or Hectored.... that would be flippin' sweet.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-01-2008 at 01:37 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:41 PM   #334
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

In Day 4, Chloe actually didn't get on my nerves. Her loyalty to Jack is her strength as a character in 24. Yes, it is taken to the extreme in Day 4, but she is less annoying when she is helping Jack as oppsosed to when she is rolling her eyes at any and every character in CTU (<-runon sentence?)

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 10-01-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:16 PM   #335
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

This is pretty cool...I have watched every stinkin episode, but if you ask me to tell you the stories, I have totally forgot.

I am looking forward to this year and to seeing what is going on with Jack and company...it will be another 24 hours of Adrenaline...now sure I can handle 24, Cowboys on a Superbowl Run, Stars on a Stanley Cup run...Mavs, uh never mind...

When will I have time to vote?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #336
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Day 3 ending was very disappointing.

The beginning to Day 4 was interesting.... however I had a couple of chuckles ("It looks like they are trying to corrupt the Internet").
Old 10-13-2008, 04:14 PM   #337
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Day 3 ending was very disappointing.

The beginning to Day 4 was interesting.... however I had a couple of chuckles ("It looks like they are trying to corrupt the Internet").
I don't recall being disappointed. Then again I hardly remember the specifics.

I'm surprised you haven't commented in a while....especially about Nina.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #338
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

It was a good season.... but I think they dragged it out too long.

I really didn't care about Sherry, to be honest. I'm glad she got killed. And David Palmer not being president anymore stinks. How his brother ever gets elected, I have no idea. He's a doofus.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:57 PM   #339
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Well..... so far Season 4 is shaping up to be the best of the bunch.

I love how "Madeline" Erin Driscoll put a shout out to her old show by mentioning "Section One". I wish I didn't know that Secretary Heller survives. Stupid Day 6.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #340
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Season 4 was fun.

Much like with the decapitation, the moment when Jack decides he needs to hold up that gas station sticks out in my mind as one of those classic 24 moments when you just have to shrug your shoulders and say "That's Jack for you."
Old 10-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #341
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

That was awesome. I wish that stupid kid would have just ended his mothers life for killing his hottie in training.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:39 AM   #342
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.engadgethd.com/2006/02/09...enator-mccain/
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:42 AM   #343
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Photoshopped - you can tell by the lighting (also, look how much sharper McCain's resolution is than the actress next to him in the last frame...)

EDIT: Upon further investigation, I guess I'm wrong [although I was under the impression that there was some rule about politicians performing fictional roles - I thought that's why the Gubernator wasn't acting...]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-22-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:08 PM   #344
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Well that was totally unexpected. I figured it was Chloe he was calling.

Tony is awesome.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #345
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Photoshopped - you can tell by the lighting (also, look how much sharper McCain's resolution is than the actress next to him in the last frame...)

EDIT: Upon further investigation, I guess I'm wrong [although I was under the impression that there was some rule about politicians performing fictional roles - I thought that's why the Gubernator wasn't acting...]
He has no lines, so he wasn't necessarily playing a fictional role. He coulda been playing John McCain, volunteering at CTU Los Angeles during a crisis.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #346
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Man Season 4 is a rollercoaster ride.

So Jack did the Chinese Consulate thing.... like in Season 6. Is that why the Chinese Govt. had him at the beginning of Day 6?

Wait, don't answer that. I am sure I will find out in Season 5.

Jack demanding they work on that guy while Audrey's husband died was good drama.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:41 PM   #347
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Jack demanding they work on that guy while Audrey's husband died was good drama.
Ohhh yeah. That was pretty crazy indeed.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:26 PM   #348
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Season 4 is where I started watching this show. Imagine not knowing any backstory of Tony when he just popped out of nowhere and saved Jack's ass! Definitely a top 5 moment in 24 lore.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:29 PM   #349
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Well oh my. Season 4 is probably the best season of any show I have ever had the pleasure of viewing. Maybe that's conjecture on my part since I just finished. But what an ending. I'll get back to you on that opinion in a few days.

I don't know how you could top that. Season 5 I had to buy and let my brother watch first. He says he starts it "this weekend". So I'm hoping I can get Disc 1 by Monday. I hope Season 5 is half as good as Season 4 and hopefully not close to being equal to Season 6.

That was good television.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:32 PM   #350
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
Season 4 is where I started watching this show. Imagine not knowing any backstory of Tony when he just popped out of nowhere and saved Jack's ass! Definitely a top 5 moment in 24 lore.
You posted this while I was commenting on S4. I know what that was like. Try watching only S6, then going back to the beginning and seeing people that you saw snippets of in S6 but didn't know the story on. Sad thing is, I am tempted to rewatch S6 just so I can remember what those guys story was for that year.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:35 PM   #351
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Season 5 won all the awards but I really just think it was makeup time. It's still a solid season, but nowhere near Season 4.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:04 PM   #352
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Well so far it's pretty good. Although knowing the beginning of season 6 I can see where it's headed already. But still a fun ride.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #353
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah season 5 was pretty good. I got so tired of the President and the first lady though...
Old 11-12-2008, 01:05 PM   #354
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I keep on expecting Desmond to say "Brotha".
Old 11-14-2008, 01:09 AM   #355
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Well.... man what a great ending to Day 5. And I can only imagine what you guys were thinking.... "next season is going to be awesome". And then Day 6 happened.

Now after seeing it all.... I am going to watch Day 6 again. I won't buy that one though.... just rent it. Is it on DVD yet?

I knew that that charles/Martha conversation was being recorded. I just had no idea it was on Charles. Jack thinks of everything.

Also.... I've grown to appreciate Chloe, despite her annoyances. She gives me a giggle. Although, I was sick of her character in Day 6.... I wonder if any of those feelings will resurface when I watch it again.

I'm pumped for the movie in a couple of weeks.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:34 AM   #356
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah u2...exactly. I was SO pumped for day 6....and then..yeah.

Actually the first 4 hours were great, and then it got worse, and worse, and worse...

I have to say that I am actually not that pumped about the movie. The Africa plot line just looks so uninteresting and unappealing to me. I hope Jack does some very Jack like outrageous things to keep me entertained. I wonder what the format will be. Will there be a clock? I doubt it's going to be a 2 hour real time thing.

They need to prove to me that they're indeed back, and then I may get excited for Day 7.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #357
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Well... maybe I shouldn't watch S6 again. Perhaps that would ruin my enthusiasm. I just don't remember very well what the ending was.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #358
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well actually, Redemption is getting some reviews that are pretty good on the whole...It's hard to tell with these critic people. They never seem to like anything, so when they like something they still try to put a damper on it and steep it in negativity. The fact that an initial Google-news-ing of "24 Redemption" didn't reveal any lambasting of the film must mean that it's good.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-14-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:47 AM   #359
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Okay.... prior to rewatching S6 here is what I remember: deal was brokered to get Jack. I can't remember what we gave up for him though. Nuclear bomb threat comes in, Milo reappears and Chloe's annoying former husband is still at CTU. Nuclear bomb explodes but miraculously there is no fallout so Jack is good(which reminds me... It got on my nerve how quickly they were able to clear the air of the nerve gas in day 5). Then something else happens.... another dirty nuke right? they have to find it... and during that chase Jack runs into a bunch of people from his past. I remember Mrs. Logan making an appearance, and Charles being let out of prison to get Jacks brother (the terrorist).... but past that I don't remember. Maybe I'll watch from episode 18 on or somesuch. Well... watch 1-4 to get the good stuff, then the ending....
Old 11-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #360
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So..... 24:Redemption.

The show is called 24. Not "2". So it's a little hard to say if that was any good or not, because the format only lends itself to exciting "real time" story telling over the course of a longer period. Hence, 24.

I didn't realize it was going to be real time last night, and 2 hours doesn't really give good scope to something like that. It seemed like they were barely getting going and then it was almost time to end it. But I still enjoyed it because hey, it's Jack.

I think I saw from the previews for season 7 that the guy that was hunting Jack isn't dead. Not surprising I suppose, seeing as how Tony isn't dead either.

Tags
jack bauer pwns yer face