Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2021, 09:59 PM   #161
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I’d like to know what the price is for Malcolm Brogdon. Not sure what the contracts would look like, but Turner/Brogdon for KP/Brunson etc.? I wonder if there is any market for a sign and trade THJ? I wonder if he would be open to that sort of thing if he’s not coming back here.
Id love it but I don't see them giving up Brogdan. I suggested TJ Warren because maybe they are leary about his foot and they may not want to pay him 20+mil after next season. I like Warren because he is a multi-tool guy who could play alongside DFS or replace him in the SLU as a clear upgrade. Brogdan is so valuable that I don't thinknqe have a package for both he and Myles. Its total spit-balling but it's going to be a long boring off-season

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2021, 10:00 PM   #162
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don’t think we can trade the 2022 1st rounder since we owe NYK 2023 1st in the KP deal. I believe the next available for trade is 2025.
You May be right about that.

Old 06-09-2021, 10:32 PM   #163
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Yeah I agree here

Mavs were up 2-0 with 3 home games left to seal the deal

At that point favorites or not you have to win that series.
Absolutely! Sports fans have a hard time applying Bayesian analysis and logic to situations such as what you reference.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:44 PM   #164
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Miles Turner is a huge reach and I doubt KP and others could get it done but I wonder what Indy would want. Would KP, Brunson, Josh Green or some combination and 2022 1st come close to getting Turner and TJ Warren who is coming off a foot injury that cost him a season?
Whoa that’s a lot to give up. I’d think Green and Brunson would be valued as equivalent to first round picks and KP a 1st pick plus bad contract that can contribute (see Wiggins, Kemba). Turner is an ok floor spacer and great rim protector but it’s not like he is without flaws or injury issues and TJ is coming off injury.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:55 PM   #165
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Whoa that’s a lot to give up. I’d think Green and Brunson would be valued as equivalent to first round picks and KP a 1st pick plus bad contract that can contribute (see Wiggins, Kemba). Turner is an ok floor spacer and great rim protector but it’s not like he is without flaws or injury issues and TJ is coming off injury.
I'd be down for a fair compromise whatever that might be. They would be taking on a huge risk in KP as well.

Old 06-09-2021, 11:32 PM   #166
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what Toronto wants for Siakam. Didn’t he have a couple of blow ups with Nurse and want out?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:42 PM   #167
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I wonder what Toronto wants for Siakam. Didn’t he have a couple of blow ups with Nurse and want out?
At his age they'd be fools to do it. Seems like that team is built for him to the point I think they'd get rid of Nurse first.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:36 AM   #168
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

For all the gripes posters have about this board, I visited the subreddit for the Mavs and my god the off-season suggestions and comments about Luka are
almost something I would expect from a kid’s Facebook. Many think a hardline 15m resigns Hardaway lol. Trade KP for Myles Turner straight up. There’s way more trash to sift through to find quality.

I also forget Reddit is generally a younger age group than this board.

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-10-2021 at 11:39 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:50 AM   #169
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
For all the gripes posters have about this board, I visited the subreddit for the Mavs and my god the off-season suggestions and comments about Luka are
almost something I would expect from a kid’s Facebook. Many think a hardline 15m resigns Hardaway lol. Trade KP for Myles Turner straight up. There’s way more trash to sift through to find quality.

Yeah, between Reddit and Facebook comments it’s laughable. I love the “trade for Beal and Dame. Sign Gobert. Dame-Beal-Luka-KP-Gobert”. Nobody seems to know that there is a salary cap, or limited assets to trade.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:12 PM   #170
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Bogdan signed for 18 and was restricted, and I think he is better than THJ. 15 wont do it, but no way I got above 18.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:50 PM   #171
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve seen some Kemba and Marcus Smart chatter. I think both are broken down. Smart has lost a step and always has lingering injuries. Kemba is a shell of his former self. Kemba for KP they would to add Nesmith and a protected pick for me.

I think Kemba has one less year on his deal than KP so there is value in that, but much better chance of KP recapturing his old form than Kemba.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-10-2021 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 01:06 PM   #172
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I’ve seen some Kemba and Marcus Smart chatter. I think both are broken down. Smart has lost a step and always has lingering injuries. Kemba is a shell of his former self. Kemba for KP they would to add Nesmith and a protected pick for me.

I think Kemba has one less year on his deal than KP so there is value in that, but much better chance of KP recapturing his old form than Kemba.
We'd have to pay THEM if it was Kemba for KP. Dude is owed 130 million and produced a very subpar 13-5 in the playoffs.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/08/krista...-wont-be-easy/
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 01:49 PM   #173
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Mentioned this elsewhere in the stats thread:

If we don't view Collins as a realistic option, I think Richaun Holmes would be a great fit for this team.

He's an elite roll man, good defender in space, has a fantastic attitude, will be 28 next season, and is a UFA. If we want him we need to make an aggressive offer early in free agency.

If Richardson doesn't opt in and we let THJ walk that gives us approximately $32 million to work with. I would try to trade KP for Wiggins, and then use that space to sign Richaun Holmes and Alex Caruso.

Luka Doncic - Jalen Brunson - Trey Burke
Alex Caruso - Tyrell Terry
Dorian Finney Smith - Josh Green
Andrew Wiggins - Maxi Kleber
Richaun Holmes - Boban

Last edited by tap2390; 06-10-2021 at 01:53 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:41 PM   #174
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Mentioned this elsewhere in the stats thread:

If we don't view Collins as a realistic option, I think Richaun Holmes would be a great fit for this team.

He's an elite roll man, good defender in space, has a fantastic attitude, will be 28 next season, and is a UFA. If we want him we need to make an aggressive offer early in free agency.

If Richardson doesn't opt in and we let THJ walk that gives us approximately $32 million to work with. I would try to trade KP for Wiggins, and then use that space to sign Richaun Holmes and Alex Caruso.

Luka Doncic - Jalen Brunson - Trey Burke
Alex Caruso - Tyrell Terry
Dorian Finney Smith - Josh Green
Andrew Wiggins - Maxi Kleber
Richaun Holmes - Boban
According to a league source, Holmes’ team is looking for a contract in the neighborhood of four-years and $80 million. That’s a steep price to pay, but Holmes will be coveted on the open market. 3 weeks ago – via James Ham @ NBC

Also that team sorely lacks any consistent shooter from 3. I guess you could say Terry is a shooter, but he bricked every 3 I saw him take this year, and we still don’t if he will get any kind of consistent minutes next season.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:44 PM   #175
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Any chance Orlando would move Vuc this off season?
Edit

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-10-2021 at 04:48 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:53 PM   #176
Melonhead
Guru

Holmes would be a great add to the team.

Realistic pipe dream would be him and DeRozan
Old 06-10-2021, 05:00 PM   #177
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Is he worth $80M over 4 years? In short, yes.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kings-grade...175059698.html
Old 06-10-2021, 05:08 PM   #178
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

DeRozan should be the Mavs #1 target amongst UFA

If they came out of this summer with DeRozan and Holmes I'd say that would prove they are serious in winning next year in the playoffs.

Not sure how the KP thing plays out but if he's swapped for Wiggins I have no problem with 3 wings in DeRozan, Wiggins and DFS that we can finally throw at people defensively. Plus two of them can actually put the ball on the floor and go get their own shots.

Last edited by Dallas41; 06-10-2021 at 05:11 PM.
Dallas41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:32 PM   #179
BPo001
Diamond Member

Cuban opens up on Mavs playoff loss, says team needs "secondary ball handler": Report

https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/sp...id4UF8ieVb0iP8
Old 06-10-2021, 05:51 PM   #180
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Cuban opens up on Mavs playoff loss, says team needs "secondary ball handler": Report

https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/sp...id4UF8ieVb0iP8
I'm glad he said someone with some size

For years they been trying to get by with these smaller perimeter players and when they go small ball it hurts the team big time.

Look around the league in the playoffs and one thing you notice with the teams they have several big wings on the roster unlike the Mavs.

Go hard after DeRozan he checks off lot's of boxes
Old 06-10-2021, 06:38 PM   #181
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

I like Holmes.....I hate he has a tendency to be in foul trouble but I do like him. I can get behind Holmes and Marcus Smart offseason.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:39 PM   #182
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
According to a league source, Holmes’ team is looking for a contract in the neighborhood of four-years and $80 million. That’s a steep price to pay, but Holmes will be coveted on the open market. 3 weeks ago – via James Ham @ NBC

Also that team sorely lacks any consistent shooter from 3. I guess you could say Terry is a shooter, but he bricked every 3 I saw him take this year, and we still don’t if he will get any kind of consistent minutes next season.
20 million per year for Holmes....in 2021 is not a bad price.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:40 PM   #183
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

Reddit brings the worst out of people for whatever reason.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:18 PM   #184
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I saw people on Twitter saying that there was chatter that there were tensions between Donnie, Harlabob, and Carlisle. Someone said it was being discussed on the Ticket. Anyone hear it or know of any written sources?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:21 PM   #185
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Who is Harlabob?
Old 06-10-2021, 07:29 PM   #186
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Who is Harlabob?
Haralabos Voulgaris. Most famous and successful professional basketball gambler who works in analytics for the Mavs. Or was this a joke about my misspelling?
Old 06-10-2021, 07:38 PM   #187
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm glad he said someone with some size

For years they been trying to get by with these smaller perimeter players and when they go small ball it hurts the team big time.

Look around the league in the playoffs and one thing you notice with the teams they have several big wings on the roster unlike the Mavs.

Go hard after DeRozan he checks off lot's of boxes
They traded Curry for Richardson to try and get bigger on the wings, but you constantly cry about how dumb of a trade it was. Big wings that can knock down the three are hard to come by, and hoarded as such.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:42 PM   #188
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Haralabos Voulgaris. Most famous and successful professional basketball gambler who works in analytics for the Mavs. Or was this a joke about my misspelling?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haralabos_Voulgaris
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:08 PM   #189
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
We'd have to pay THEM if it was Kemba for KP. Dude is owed 130 million and produced a very subpar 13-5 in the playoffs.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/08/krista...-wont-be-easy/
I disagree. KP is 25. Kemba is 3-4 years past his prime and has a balky knee. I doubt KP will ever fulfill his initial promise and he may also may chronically injured but he could get back to bubble KP with a good offseason.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:15 PM   #190
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
I disagree. KP is 25. Kemba is 3-4 years past his prime and has a balky knee. I doubt KP will ever fulfill his initial promise and he may also may chronically injured but he could get back to bubble KP with a good offseason.
Pending a player too good to pass up (Kemba ain’t it) I’m willing to roll the dice with KP next season. This is his first offseason healthy that he can focus on getting better and not rehab. I don’t want to trade him just for the sake of trading him.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:53 PM   #191
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Once again though...Keep KP, keep THJ, J-Rich opts in.

If that happens, then I hate to say it, they might shop Brunson. Not sure you can afford keeping him at the contract he will eventually command. This is kinda like the Chris Paul/Bedsoe situation where the Clippers had to eventually trade Bledsoe. Just not sure Brunson can really break out playing behind Luka. He also isn't a very good playmaker although I really do like him. Had a solid season.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:08 PM   #192
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
They traded Curry for Richardson to try and get bigger on the wings, but you constantly cry about how dumb of a trade it was. Big wings that can knock down the three are hard to come by, and hoarded as such.
Come on man Richardson is barely bigger than Curry he's like 6'4 and really thin

They need to start going after guys in that 6'6-6'7 range which is what I think Cuban is referring to and BTW everyone realizes that Philly won trade hands down now it's not even debatable after Richardson sucked it up in the playoffs
Old 06-10-2021, 09:33 PM   #193
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Come on man Richardson is barely bigger than Curry he's like 6'4 and really thin

They need to start going after guys in that 6'6-6'7 range which is what I think Cuban is referring to and BTW everyone realizes that Philly won trade hands down now it's not even debatable after Richardson sucked it up in the playoffs
What makes Richardson appealing to NBA scouts start with his physical tools, as he was listed at 6'6” with a reported 6-10 wingspan. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...hardson-42015/ ©DraftExpress

He (Seth Curry) certainly does not look the part, standing only 6'2 with a decent 185-pound frame, well undersized for an NBA shooting guard and without much in the way of length to compensate. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/seth-curry-5499/ ©DraftExpress

Obviously this a bit dated since it’s their draft profiles, but I doubt either one of them shrunk.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:42 PM   #194
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Nah man I honestly had no idea who he was...and usually I google before I ask such questions but I couldn't get anything to come up. I learned something today lol.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:43 PM   #195
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

If that happens, then I hate to say it, they might shop Brunson. Not sure you can afford keeping him at the contract he will eventually command. This is kinda like the Chris Paul/Bedsoe situation where the Clippers had to eventually trade Bledsoe. Just not sure Brunson can really break out playing behind Luka. He also isn't a very good playmaker although I really do like him. Had a solid season.
I think the Mavs best bet at trading this year is a package with DFS and Brunson in it. Those two me are their best value guys.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:44 PM   #196
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Pending a player too good to pass up (Kemba ain’t it) I’m willing to roll the dice with KP next season. This is his first offseason healthy that he can focus on getting better and not rehab. I don’t want to trade him just for the sake of trading him.
For me to trade KP for a guy like Walker it would only be because KP is just adamant on not playing here.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:02 PM   #197
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I think the Mavs best bet at trading this year is a package with DFS and Brunson in it. Those two me are their best value guys.
I don't think they trade DFS. They value him too much. Kleber/Brunson would be more like it.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:41 PM   #198
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If Richardson opts in I could see a package of him/ Brunson/ WCS being enough for the Hornets to pull the trigger on a Rozier trade.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:58 PM   #199
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
What makes Richardson appealing to NBA scouts start with his physical tools, as he was listed at 6'6” with a reported 6-10 wingspan. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...hardson-42015/ ©DraftExpress

He (Seth Curry) certainly does not look the part, standing only 6'2 with a decent 185-pound frame, well undersized for an NBA shooting guard and without much in the way of length to compensate. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/seth-curry-5499/ ©DraftExpress

Obviously this a bit dated since it’s their draft profiles, but I doubt either one of them shrunk.
I doubt he's truly 6'6

I've seen that guy up close in recent years prior to him coming to Dallas and he's not that tall

In fact go watch and NBA game in person most of those dudes are listed taller than their actual height

Wikipedia has him at 6'5

And when I saw him in Sumner league up close his rookie year he's more 6'4 skinny dude

Last edited by Dallas41; 06-10-2021 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:38 PM   #200
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

I don't think Brunson can break out much more than he has. Not enough to keep from including him in a deal that brings a SLU upgrade.

I don't think KP goes anywhere.

I don't see JRich opting out.

I hate the feeling that they are going to strap themselves to the bed with THJs new contract. All season I've felt like THJs + James Johnsons( Redick) contracts would end up = THJs new contract. Instead of 30+mil that falling off and getting a better fit multi tool guard or mobile multi tool big we give him 25+ and have peanuts to fill the rest out with.

Tags
jack.kerr aucks