Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Game Day Thread: Dallas Cowboys vs. Green Bay Packers

I hope you all find a TV to watch this game on because it should be a really good one.

Cowboys 35
Packers 27
Old 11-29-2007, 11:12 AM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I have no score prediction....but I'll say boys by +7

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

GO BOYS.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

38-21 cowboys win in a pretty easy one

brett will be picked off 4 times (roy williams will have 2 interceptions unfortunately)
marion barber two touchdowns
romo 1 fumble, 2 ints, but 3 tds

crayton over 100 yards receiving

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #5
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

LET'S DO THIS THING!!!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody will be able to stop Witten. AJ Hawk isn't gonna cut it.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 11-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #7
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Nobody will be able to stop Witten. AJ Hawk isn't gonna cut it.
Yep, I think Witten will have a huge day. The Packers have decent linebackers, but they don't have a prayer when it comes to covering Witten.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Cowboys vs. Packers
NFC's Top Teams Clash Thursday At Texas Stadium

GAME SET
WHAT: Green Bay Packers (10-1) at Dallas Cowboys (10-1)
WHEN: Thursday, 7:15 p.m. (CST)
WHERE: Texas Stadium, Irving, Texas
TELEVISION: NFL Network and KDFI 27 in Dallas-Ft. Worth (Bryant Gumble and Chris Collinsworth)

BIG ISSUE: Here it is. Just a week after Thanksgiving, the 10-1 Cowboys take on the 10-1 Packers at Texas Stadium. You can forget about all the division race stuff, since all three NFC East opponents lost Sunday and are all but eliminated from regaining the conference lead. What matters here is home-field advantage in the playoffs. With the next best NFC teams sitting at 7-3, the winner of the Favre-Romo Bowl very well could finish the season with the conference's best record and home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs. If the Cowboys earn the NFC's top seed, they will earn a first-round bye and never have to leave Texas Stadium. If they lose Thursday night to Green Bay, it's possible they'd have to face the Packers again at possibly snowy but certainly chilly Lambeau Field in late January, where the Cowboys have never won. Also, a Cowboys' win Thursday, or combined losses by New Orleans and Arizona, will at least clinch a playoff spot for the second consecutive year.

The Packers will try to do something Thursday they've never done before with quarterback Brett Favre under center: Win a game at Texas Stadium, where Favre is 0-8. If the Packers lose, and that streak extends to 0-9, they might face the same challenge again in the playoffs: Beating the Cowboys on the road. There are more factors to this game besides Favre and his apparent reincarnation in Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, though. The Packers got bit by the injury bug on Thanksgiving against Detroit, and while Favre may be the ultimate difference maker, they still need 22 healthy starters to beat the Cowboys. The Packers also can clinch an NFC playoff spot with a victory, just like the Cowboys.

NUMBERS, PLEASE: Besides the twin 10-1 records, the statistics for the Cowboys and the Packers are eerily similar. The two teams are only separated by 8.4 yards in terms of total offense per game, the Cowboys averaging an impressive 388.8 over the Packers' 380.4. The Cowboys score 32.5 points per game, the Packers 26.9. Even their quarterbacks have similar numbers. Favre has thrown for barely more than 300 yards than Romo (3,356 to 3,043), but Romo has thrown seven more touchdowns than Favre (29 to 22).

The Packers took a while to find an adequate starting running back, but they seemingly have found their man in Ryan Grant. Since first starting in Week 9, Grant is averaging 90 yards per game on 4.6 yards a carry. However, three of the four teams he's faced - the Chiefs, Panthers, and Lions - allow more rushing yards per game (109, 112.3, and 95.8, respectively) than Grant averages.

ONE-ON-ONE: There are an abundance of match-ups that could be difference-makers in this game, but one of the most important will be Cowboys left tackle Marc Colombo against Packers defensive end Aaron Kampman. Kampman is currently the league leader in sacks with 11, but Colombo and the Cowboys offensive line has done a superb job of keeping Romo's jersey clean. He has been sacked only 16 times, sixth best among quarterbacks who have played all 11 games so far.

Besides the Patriots, the Packers might be the best passing offense the Cowboys face. Cowboys corners Terence Newman and Jacques Reeves will match up against Pro Bowler Donald Driver and second-year breakout Greg Jennings, who have combined for 11 touchdowns so far. The key might be covering Packers tight end Donald Lee, who has scored three of his four touchdowns in the last three games. But don't forget Koren Robinson, James Jones and Ruvell Martin.

SUPPORTING ROLE
: Since the Packers are enamored with these three-, four- and five-receiver sets, the Cowboys defense might continue the special sub-package they've been using, including opening the game with it against the Jets. In comes Kevin Burnett for Akin Ayodele, and then Anthony Henry replaces Roy Williams, leaving the Cowboys with their front 3-4 intact, but playing three corners and only safety Ken Hamlin. But if the Packers decide to go with three and four receivers, the Cowboys might be forced to play their straight nickel defense with Burnett and Williams at the linebacker spots and Patrick Watkins coming at safety next to Hamlin. Burnett, the versatile nickel linebacker with starter talent, ranks sixth on the team with 40 tackles.

With starter Charles Woodson iffy for Thursday's game with a toe injury, second-year corner Jarrett Bush could receive his first start of the season if Woodson can't go. With fellow corner Al Harris lined up against Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens, Bush would likely match up against receiver Patrick Crayton, who insists he's ready to play after missing last Thursday's game with a sprained ankle. Bush has only recorded 27 tackles and has yet to get an interception.

HEADSET GAMES: The Cowboys have yet to face a team playing man-coverage like the Packers do. If Woodson is healthy, and that's a big if, both Owens and Crayton will face one-on-one coverage most of the game, meaning they will be getting jammed at the line of scrimmage, something they've been working on beating during practice this week. If either beats their man, Romo might be staring at wide open targets, otherwise, Romo will probably be looking for tight end Jason Witten. The Packers have had problems stopping the league's premier tight ends, allowing three 100-yard games and two touchdowns to San Diego's Antonio Gates, Washington's Chris Cooley, and Kansas City's Tony Gonzalez.

Don't expect the Cowboys to blitz much against the Packers. In his 17-year career, Favre has seen every kind of blitz known to man and knows how to exploit every single one of them. Dallas will look to get pressure with its front five, meaning three down linemen, defensive ends Chris Canty and Marcus Spears and nose tackle Jay Ratliff, and its two outside linebackers, DeMarcus Ware and Greg Ellis. Favre leads the league in passing plays of more than 40 yards with 13, so the Cowboys would rather force him to throw quick short passes with adequate pressure than sending in linebackers or safeties on a blitz and leaving someone open downfield.

HEALTH WATCH:

Cowboys
With the exception of wide receiver Terry Glenn (out - knee), the Cowboys basically are full-go for this game. Wide receiver Patrick Crayton (ankle) and cornerback Anthony Henry (ankle) fully participated in the team's past two practices and are listed as probable for the game. Both will assume their respective roles, with Crayton starting and Henry coming in on the sub-packages. Crayton also said he's healthy enough to resume returning punts.

Packers
It's another story for the Packers, who have three players listed as questionable, and are fairly certain three others will miss the game. The Packers already have placed defensive tackle Colin Cole (fractured forearm) on injured reserve and have listed defensive tackle Johnny Jolly (shoulder) as out. Tight end Bubba Franks (knee), who practiced Sunday for the first time since Oct. 14, is listed as doubtful. The three questionable players are cornerback Charles Woodson (toe), defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (knee and ankle) and safety Aaron Rouse. Those three are expected to be game-time decisions. The Packers also have six other players listed as probable, most notably safety Nick Collins (knee) and running back Ryan Grant (ankle).

dallascowboys.com

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-29-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:44 PM   #9
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Underdog. =) My focus for the rest of the day has dropped another notch now.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 11-29-2007, 02:56 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
Thanks, Underdog. =) My focus for the rest of the day has dropped another notch now.
I can't wait for this game either - it's gonna be good...

(on another note - I didn't realize that Favre has never won in Texas Stadium...)

Last edited by Underdog; 11-29-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:30 PM   #11
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
(on another note - I didn't realize that Favre has never won in Texas Stadium...)
And the cows have never won at Lambeau. That's pretty crazy stuff.

Seems like GB has no chance to win this game bc of the ridiculous home field trends in this series.

But mostly GB has no chance bc they couldn't even run the ball much on the worst defensive teams in the league, much less Dallas, and bc Charles Woodson is out for them.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:35 PM   #12
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

everyone is zeroing on Witten, he will have 3 catches for 42 yards.

Contact Me
Old 11-29-2007, 03:55 PM   #13
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
everyone is zeroing on Witten, he will have 3 catches for 42 yards.

GB has lousy TE coverage... Witten would only go 3 for 42 if he was doubled, allowing TO & Crayton to easily net over 200 yards...

Look for a big day from our tight ends...

Last edited by Underdog; 11-29-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
And the cows have never won at Lambeau. That's pretty crazy stuff.

Seems like GB has no chance to win this game bc of the ridiculous home field trends in this series.

But mostly GB has no chance bc they couldn't even run the ball much on the worst defensive teams in the league, much less Dallas, and bc Charles Woodson is out for them.
Woodson is questionable. If he does miss the game tonight and Dallas wins, (WHEN Dallas wins), his loss will be a big reason why, and that is a shame. I wish they were completely healthy because it takes a bit away when you win the game and your opponent was missing a key player.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:12 PM   #15
alby
Guru

Witten will be doubled.. this is why Crayton will have over 100 yards (as I stated above) =]

Contact Me
Old 11-29-2007, 04:12 PM   #16
alby
Guru

i'm also calling a TD goes to Fasano

Contact Me
Old 11-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #17
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
Woodson is questionable. If he does miss the game tonight and Dallas wins, (WHEN Dallas wins), his loss will be a big reason why, and that is a shame. I wish they were completely healthy because it takes a bit away when you win the game and your opponent was missing a key player.

Hopefully Woodson will be healthy when we beat them in the playoffs...

Last edited by Underdog; 11-29-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:28 PM   #18
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Witten will be doubled.. this is why Crayton will have over 100 yards (as I stated above) =]

i'm also calling a TD goes to Fasano

I'll drink to that...

Old 11-29-2007, 05:05 PM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Novacek of all people, picks the Pack:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3690072/

Quote:
First of all, I think Dallas is a better team, but I think that the way Green Bay played this last week, they didn’t play as well as they can, which should help them re-focus. The Packers got some lucky breaks against Detroit, while Dallas played very well. I think that makes this an off week for Dallas and should boost the Packers

I wouldn’t have thought this all season. But this feels like a game where things will go Green Bay’s way. The Packers’ defense is aggressive; they’ve learned a lot and should figure out how to neutralize the Dallas receivers, even if Charles Woodson is hurt.

Brett Favre will be able to hit his receiver and that passing game should open things up for the running game and that’ll be crucial for the Packers.

Pick: Packers .
Old 11-29-2007, 05:27 PM   #20
Underdog

Quote:
The Packers got some lucky breaks against Detroit, while Dallas played very well. I think that makes this an off week for Dallas and should boost the Packers
If he knew anything about football, he'd realize that the first sentence contradicts the second one 9 times out of 10...

Old 11-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #21
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
If he knew anything about football, he'd realize that the first sentence contradicts the second one 9 times out of 10...
Totally. I hate reverse psychologists.

On another note, I love good ol' TO...

Quote:
Source: http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=691318

One of Harris' former Eagles teammates, safety Brian Dawkins, expects Owens to try to draw Harris into la la land again. He was Owens' teammate for a while, too, and he knows what he's capable of doing. Dawkins said in a telephone interview this week that if Harris keeps his cool, he can shut down Owens.

"T.O., he's a good receiver, but I've seen Al do it time and time again against the best receivers," Dawkins said. "He's been out there. He has confidence. When we look at the film, a lot of times we see Green Bay, and Al is one of the best press corners there is right now in this game. All Al has to do is be himself, just be patient."

Owens said this week he wasn't concerned about what Harris was going to do.

"We are not game-planning for Al Harris," Owens said in an interview on NFL Network. "He and their coaches are game-planning for me."

Old 11-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #22
alby
Guru

wtf novacek

even keyshawn picked dallas and hes a prove cowboys hater

Contact Me
Old 11-29-2007, 06:24 PM   #23
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

TO with 10 catches for 800 yards and 10 TDs.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 11-29-2007, 08:06 PM   #24
alby
Guru

?

Contact Me
Old 11-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #25
alby
Guru

no woodson, no kgb

game will be closer than if they were playing

38-24 cowboys win.

Contact Me
Old 11-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #26
alby
Guru

packers win the coin toss.. the only thing they will be winning tonight!

Contact Me
Old 11-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #27
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

link?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #28
alby
Guru

get a dish!

Contact Me
Old 11-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #29
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Reeves.....
Old 11-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #30
alby
Guru

reeves is terrible.

Contact Me
Old 11-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #31
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Why did we get rid of Aaron Glenn again? I'm sure hes a lot better than Reeves.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #32
alby
Guru

3-0 GB

we know where they are going... step up reeves

Contact Me
Old 11-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #33
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
Why did we get rid of Aaron Glenn again? I'm sure hes a lot better than Reeves.
he is

Contact Me
Old 11-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #34
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

GREAT return by Austin.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:28 PM   #35
alby
Guru

if he hadn't lost his balance, he would have gained an extra 15-20 yards

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 11-29-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #36
alby
Guru

why does julius play?

Contact Me
Old 11-29-2007, 08:31 PM   #37
alby
Guru

i'm not going to lie, al harris ripped that clean.

premature call by ref.

Contact Me
Old 11-29-2007, 08:31 PM   #38
alby
Guru

nice catch by TO though

Contact Me
Old 11-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #39
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

does anyone know if is this game in HD?

- Conrad Burns
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #40
alby
Guru

you can't challenge the catch, because the whistle was blown.

however, the whistle was blown prematurely--that is a fumble

dallas catches a break, but a hell of a catch by TO

Contact Me