Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #1
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default Al Jefferson for Stoudamire in the Works??

" An NBA executive told the Boston Globe that the Timberwolves and Suns are working on a trade that would send Al Jefferson and the Wolves' sixth draft pick to Phoenix in exchange for Amare Stoudemire.

David Kahn is looking to make dramatic changes after recently being hired in Minnesota."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._in_the_works/

Sounds too good to be true for the Suns. If there is any way in hell we can get in on Al Jefferson then we need to do that yesterday. He has one of the best low post games in the entire NBA and is a very good defender.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Plus the sixth pick? Has to be more to the "supposed" deal...

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:03 AM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Makes sense for both sides, IMO.........so the odds of it happening are very low.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like too much for the oft injured Amare. Jefferson is a beast.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Who was the one that wanted to trade Dirk and start all over?

Look at Minnesota... they are in a spiral of suckiness.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
There were a lot of people around here who said that (especially before we made the playoffs) - although I bet NONE of them are man enough to admit it...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yea but that spiral started while KG was still there. If you unwind the trade they'd still suck. Minnesota is a victim of bad managament.

New Jersey dumped Kidd and they're in great position going forward.

Last edited by dirno2000; 06-18-2009 at 10:17 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

T-wolves would be dumb to give up both for Amare. Actually theyd probably be dumb to pickup amare anyway since he not only wants to be a star, but he also wants to win.

Suns commentators here in Phoenix were spot on when they responded to him saying that he wanted to be a star: they said that he just had to put in the effort, work ethic and intensity and that no one in the Suns organization was really holding him back-- that if he really put up better numbers and stepped up his game, he'd get the status he wanted.

On the Suns side it looks very good, especially since Amare has been a discontent in Phoenix. The 6th pick is basically a low-first-round-high-second-round pick in this weak draft, but the deal skews the Suns way big time regardless.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-18-2009 at 10:31 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

It is a great deal for the Suns, no doubt about it.

Contact Me
Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:

The trade actually worked out for them big time. Minny would be in even more of a world of hurt right now had they not made that deal. Management has just done a terrible job building a solid young team around Jefferson but Jefferson is a stud.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 06-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

The only way I can see Minn doing this is if Jefferson's knee is worse than we know. Otherwise you could argue that he's the better player.

That sounds like Kerr's first offer.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:11 AM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

If I were the Suns I'd be getting this deal done right now. Holy crap that's a great trade for them. Even if they have to throw someone like Barbosa in there too.

Jefferson is a beast and the perfect low post player. And they could pick up any number of players with the 6th pick. Geez, I hope this doesn't happen for the Suns.

Minnesota/Kahn is dumb unless there is more involved. Like getting Barbosa back as well or the Suns 14th pick. Something.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #13
alby
Guru

Looks like the deal was shot down by the Minn front office.

Contact Me
Old 06-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Looks like the deal was shot down by the Minn front office.
Link? (I need see the corpse with my own eyes...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #15
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
There were a lot of people around here who said that (especially before we made the playoffs) - although I bet NONE of them are man enough to admit it...
I am man hear he roar:

I was one, but it wasn't that simple as just "trade Dirk" there were qualifications... I also was one that thought just because you trade your star wouldn't necessarily mean you will end up "just like Minnesota" with FO etc. making boneheaded decisions. I am not looking to get this old topic going again just coming out. er wait... nothing to see here carry on.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #16
dirno2000
Diamond Member

From the Insider

Quote:
Earlier today, we pointed to a Boston Globe article that stated Al Jefferson and the T'Wolves No. 6 pick in the upcoming draft could be shipped to Phoenix for for Amare Stoudemire.

Not so, according to multiple sources.

ESPN's Marc Stein tells us a source with knowledge of Minnesota's thinking insists that the deal is not being discussed. He points out that Jefferson (who is signed long term) and a top-six pick would be an incredibly high price to pay for Stoudemire, who is coming off eye surgery and could walk in free agency in 2010.

Now, the T'Wolves are also responding. According to a spokesperson, "There is absolutely no truth to this deal. In fact, David Kahn, head of basketball operations, called Al Jefferson this morning after seeing these reports to tell him they are not trying to trade him."

So it appears all parties will be staying put for now.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #17
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'll admit that I said it quite a few times. It was really only the way the season ended that changed my mind. If we had missed the playoffs or gotten trounced by the Lakers in the 1st, I might still feel that way.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #18
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I am getting really really tired of this awful reporting. There needs to be compiled statistics/website showcasing the reporters that report valid stories and those that just plain make stuff up so I can stop reading from them.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #19
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
I am getting really really tired of this awful reporting. There needs to be compiled statistics/website showcasing the reporters that report valid stories and those that just plain make stuff up so I can stop reading from them.
I'm not sure they're making up. Maybe some do but I bet in a lot of cases front office types leak these deals in an attempt to kill them.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #20
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

If this deal had gone through, Kerr would have actually done something positive for the Phoenix organization.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #21
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness that was shot down. Terrible trade for Minnesota while allowing the Suns to improve dramatically.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #22
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I figured this was a bogus. Looks like the the ridiculous trade rumor season has begun...

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-18-2009 at 12:12 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #23
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

^ Makes it fun =)

remember how boring last summer was

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?

Last edited by TheMaverick; 06-18-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #24
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

The great part about it was the Suns fans were saying that they're finally going to get a fair trade proposition for Stoudamire.

That deal was so lopsided it's rediculous. Stoudamire = overrated.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:40 PM   #25
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
" An NBA executive told the Boston Globe that the Timberwolves and Suns are working on a trade that would send Al Jefferson and the Wolves' sixth draft pick to Phoenix in exchange for Amare Stoudemire.

David Kahn is looking to make dramatic changes after recently being hired in Minnesota."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._in_the_works/

Sounds too good to be true for the Suns. If there is any way in hell we can get in on Al Jefferson then we need to do that yesterday. He has one of the best low post games in the entire NBA and is a very good defender.
uh al jefferson is in now way shape or form a good defender. That said this still would have been a good deal for phoenix assuming they move shaq.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #26
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
uh al jefferson is in now way shape or form a good defender. That said this still would have been a good deal for phoenix assuming they move shaq.
From what I've seen of him he does a great job on man to man defense in the post. He can hold his position and can block shots pretty well. The only time he starts making stupid mistakes is when he gets pulled out away from the post or gets caught up in screens.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #27
TheMaverick
Golden Member

He is also playing for the T-Wolves. Put him around players that are actually good, and he may be better than you think.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #28
MavericksFan5912

MavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the rough

This is ridiculous. Newspapers need to sell ad space. What's the best way to do it? Fabricate a story about your local NBA franchise, quote the source as a "rumor", post it on your prominent sports writers blog, and stand back.

This needs to stop.

Anyone that's watched a single NBA game, ever, would be able to tell you that this trade was never - never - a viable trade. Ever.

So here's what Mark Cuban proposes: ESPN should blacklist any blog that they find is fabricating 'rumors' just to get traffic. It's a great idea, Cuban is a gentleman and a scholar. http://tinyurl.com/md8xvx

+rep me if you agree

MavericksFan5912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #29
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
This lol. I laughed my ass off when I saw the first post. I too love Big Al, but he's a very bad defender actually.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
and the 6th pick wow, fluff for flu and ff, gimp knee 4 gimp knee, wtf 6th pick too?