Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-31-2007, 02:45 PM   #41
Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Dang, this trade just got finalized, and another player got added to it.

Beau Jones, Atlanta's first round pick in '05. Wow.

plus he's a lefty so this trade looks better and better.

if we get some good prospects for Gagne then our farm system has to be looking good for the future.
Dirk Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2007, 03:10 PM   #42
Dirk Diggler

4pm press conference...

Plus...it's being reported that Hicks offered Tex 140 Million before the trade and Tex rejected it.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:28 PM   #43
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
4pm press conference...

Plus...it's being reported that Hicks offered Tex 140 Million before the trade and Tex rejected it.
on the ticket or what?
Old 07-31-2007, 03:38 PM   #44
Dirk Diggler

Owner says deal would have kept star player with Rangers for eight more years

02:59 PM CDT on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

By EVAN GRANT / The Dallas Morning News
egrant@dallasnews.com

CLEVELAND – The Rangers did not let Mark Teixeira go to Atlanta without a fight, owner Tom Hicks said Tuesday as the seven-player deal with the Braves was completed.

Hicks confirmed the Rangers made Teixeira an official long-term contract proposal more than two weeks ago in a last-ditch effort to keep him. The proposal would have kept Teixeira in Texas for eight more seasons at a total for approximately $140 million. The deal would have included a mutually agreed figure for Teixeira's last year of salary arbitration in 2008 and another seven years worth $18 million per season.

Teixeira was making $9 million this season, the second year of a two-year deal with the Rangers. He is eligible for arbitration next season and is expected to receive between $12 million and $14 million per season.

"I've always loved Tex as a player," Hicks said Tuesday by phone from California. "I was personally involved in signing him and I wanted him to be a face of this organization, along with Michael Young, for the long term.

"I thought we made enough of an offer to keep him a Ranger for life. I'm disappointed he turned it down, but I think we did everything we could to keep him. Now, we've got some very good young players coming here and I feel with some good moves and free-agent signings, we can be a championship team."

Hicks said he met with Teixeira's agent Scott Boras two weeks ago when the club was in Anaheim and extended a formal offer within 48 hours of the meeting. The reply: Teixeira was not prepared to make a long-term commitment at the moment.

Only a week before the meeting, Teixeira had claimed the Rangers had never approached him about an extension. He reiterated that stance after the club left Anaheim and traveled to Oakland. A Rangers source, however, said the club had made "overtures" to Teixeira on at least three occasions.

On Tuesday, as Teixeira hastily checked out of the Rangers hotel in Cleveland to try and make a flight to Atlanta, he declined to comment on anything Rangers related. Asked if an extension proposal had ever been brought up to him, Teixeira said:

"I'm not talking about any of that. I'm an Atlanta Brave. That's done. I'm very happy. That's it."

In exchange for Teixeira and lefty Ron Mahay, the Rangers got catcher-first baseman Jarrod Saltalamacchia and four minor leaguers. Rangers medical officials had no issues with an MRI on left-hander Matt Harrison's shoulder and he was included along with 19-year-old right-hander Neftali Feliz and 18-year-old shortstop Elvis Andrus. Also, the Rangers will receive 20-year-old left-hander Beau Jones. Jones has split the season between low Class A Rome and high Class A Myrtle Beach.

Saltalamacchia, Andrus and Harrison were ranked as the Braves' top three prospects by Baseball America in its preseason prospect handbook. All three were also among the top 100 overall prospects in the minors. The Rangers had only one prospect, Eric Hurley, in the top 100.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:23 AM   #45
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

lol.... http://sturminator.blogspot.com/