Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-19-2001, 12:58 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I know this isn't a Mavs subject, but it is of interest to a lot of Mav fans. Anderson might only miss the first two game of the Spurs/Lakers series.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2001/...8/1201280.html
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2001, 07:55 AM   #2
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Good for the Spurs, I hope they beat the Lakers!!
Old 05-19-2001, 08:26 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i was hoping he'd be able to come back soon from howard's vicious attack.

maybe the nba can look at the film again and suspend howard for next year
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 09:22 AM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

LOL murph. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2001, 01:37 PM   #5
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

murph: i dont think we get an salary cap breaks for suspended players [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 08:53 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

can we trade him to china?
Old 05-20-2001, 01:12 PM   #7
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I'm actually fairly convinced that Antonio Daniels might be the better player of the two...
Old 05-20-2001, 01:13 PM   #8
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Of Daniels and Anderson, not Daniels and Juwan.
Old 05-20-2001, 10:18 PM   #9
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

I'm really getting sick of listening to Duncan, Pop, and now Anderson gripe about the play.
This is from an article.. DA:

``The play he did wasn't called for at all,'' he said

I still would like to know what the hell we are supposed to do? Oh here, even though we are in the playoffs, let me give you this dunk in your home gym and get your croud all excited.

I know most of you don't care for Kobe, but I hope him and Shaq each get 40 points and sweep the cry-baby Spurs.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 10:44 PM   #10
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I hear you Dallaslaker.
Of all the teams that are still in it, I´m clearly rooting for the Lakers. I hope they straight sweep the Spurs. I really don´t like the Spurs (Admiral, Pop), though I think Duncan is a fine player.
Next step would be for Shaq and Kobe to just kick the sorry sixers out of the gym, and show them what a real MVP should play like. I´d just love to see that.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 01:46 AM   #11
scooterj5
Golden Member

It was hardly vicious murph
Old 05-21-2001, 08:02 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

i know it wasn't vicious, i was joking scooter
Old 05-21-2001, 10:13 AM   #13
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Believe it or not, I'm rooting for the Sixers, but I know it won't happen. I know who ever wins this series between the Lakers and Spurs are the next world champions, but I would like to see Iverson get one.
Old 05-21-2001, 10:16 AM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

i don't like iverson and i don't like kobe, but if i had to choose between one or the other winning a championship, it would be kobe.

that is, if the lakers and sixers play each other.
but, i'd rather milwaukee or the spurs win it..preferrably, the spurs, keep it in the western conference
Old 05-21-2001, 04:39 PM   #15
TheKid
Diamond Member

The only reason I would want the spurs to win is because the beat Dallas. that would give me some solace knowing we lost to the NBA champions, other than that, I'm routing for Iverson. I DEFINATELY don't want the Lakers to win it, and I'm not a fan of George Karl so I'm not really routing for the Bucks.
Old 05-21-2001, 10:13 PM   #16
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Hehehe the Kid,
better start praying, the Lakers just kicked the Spurs butts again. 2-0 baby, I smell a sweep. Hell the Lakers could sweep the whole playoffs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 11:03 PM   #17
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one here who thought the roles would be reversed in this series? That it would be the Spurs that would be handing it to the Lakers--and being up 2-0 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

It's also a pleasure though because it's nice to see the frustration on the Spurs faces that they handed us.

If the Lakers do win the series (which is all but wrapped up), Im cheering for whoever comes out of the east--inlcuding Iverson and the Sixers. I just think the Lakers are a bit too cocky, thinking their shit don't stink and would love to see it handed to them...

...I know it's not logical that either the Bucks or Sixers could beat the Lakers in 7 but that's who I'll be cheering for.
Old 05-22-2001, 05:45 AM   #18
scooterj5
Golden Member

Yes I thought the Spurs would romp too. If the Spurs don't stop the Lakers, I hope The Sixers can!!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 08:16 AM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

as weak as the east was this year, i would hate for a champion to come from there.
plus, i'm very anti-iverson
Old 05-22-2001, 09:27 AM   #20
TheKid
Diamond Member

Everyone keeps talking about how weak the east is. However some of the elite teams in the East this year, (Milwaukee, Sixers and Heat) did well against the west. Also, it's starting to look like the West isn't as dominant as everyone thought it was. The Lakers are just walking through everyone without even blinking. While everyone else is battling to win games. I'll be PISSED if the Lakers win too.
Old 05-22-2001, 09:49 AM   #21
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

didn't milwaukee sweep the lakers this year?
Old 05-22-2001, 10:18 AM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

it will take the lakers at most 5 games to get through the finals.
throw everything out the window when it comes to how they played earlier in the season.
they're playing at a level all their own right now
Old 05-22-2001, 10:37 AM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

"didn't milwaukee sweep the lakers this year?"

Yep, and they swept the Spurs too.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 03:55 PM   #24
TheKid
Diamond Member

Well I won't argue with you when you say they're playing at an unbelievable level right now. (The Lakers that is) However I wouldn't just throw out the regular season, they'll need to reflect on that for confidence. That's what makes the playoffs so special, anything is possible.
Old 05-22-2001, 04:00 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

the lakers have proven that they can take it up a level from the regular season into the playoffs.
that's why what happened in the regular season between the two teams doesn't matter.
yes, anything is possible, except maybe a decent sports point from about 50% of the people that post on this site
Old 05-22-2001, 04:55 PM   #26
MFFL
Guru

Calm down murph. It's all good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2001, 07:43 AM   #27
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

alright, murph, i just asked a question, and you're being an ass again.
Old 05-23-2001, 08:12 AM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

you're very sensitive for a guy that's as big of a smart ass as you are
Old 05-23-2001, 08:17 AM   #29
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

are you calling me an ass?!

there's no place for that here on these boards, murph...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2001, 08:32 AM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

haha, good point, i apologize for stating the obvious
Old 05-23-2001, 12:26 PM   #31
TheKid
Diamond Member

Big Boy, why bother, you know Murph is the smartest person on this board, his opinion is the only one that counts, I thought you knew that all ready.
Old 05-23-2001, 12:55 PM   #32
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

how could i have forgotten? sorry, oh wise one...
Old 05-23-2001, 05:12 PM   #33
Mavinator
Golden Member

didn't milwaukee sweep the lakers this year?

God you're an ass.
Old 05-24-2001, 08:47 AM   #34
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

asses abound on this board, i tell ya.
Old 05-24-2001, 09:28 AM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

it's amazing how many cry-babies there are on this board. my goodness, quit whining. argue, debate, and talk sports..but quit your whining.
Old 05-24-2001, 09:29 AM   #36
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

dude we're just kidding.
Old 05-24-2001, 09:33 AM   #37
TheKid
Diamond Member

It's also amazing how some people are so willing to dish shit out but can't take it when it comes back.
Old 05-24-2001, 09:38 AM   #38
Murphy3
Guru

i can take whatever you have to say fine, except for the constant whining. thats what's annoying
Old 05-24-2001, 09:46 AM   #39
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

who the hell is whining?
Old 05-24-2001, 09:48 AM   #40
Murphy3
Guru

thekid, and i'm sure you also, but not sure about that off the top of my head. i'll go back and look to see if you're whining also. sound good?