Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all
Default This is getting rediculous

Whenever I watch some ESPN reporters talking about which winning streak is the most impressive, NOBODY ever mentions us even though we have the longest streak of all. Everyone is "impressed" by the Knicks winning 6 straight (beating super amazing teams like Toronto, Detroit, Minnesota and Washington) or by Miami's streak, simply because they are Miami.

Why the hell doesn't anybody respect the Mavs at all?
jcm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Ridiculous.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #3
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Ridiculous.
I'm so frustrated I got the title wrong.

Could any mod fix, please?
Old 12-11-2010, 12:29 AM   #4
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

maybe they could just delete the thread instead and then we'd all be the better for it?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:52 AM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm28 View Post
Why the hell doesn't anybody respect the Mavs at all?
Right now, the Boston homer doing color commentary just said Dirk was his top choice for MVP right now.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-11-2010 at 12:52 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:29 AM   #6
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Winning streaks are nothing new for Mavs but when you have a team like the Knicks on a winning streak of course that's gonna get people talking, as for the cHeat...the cHeat could beat a bunch of bad teams and ESPN will find a way to spin it and make the cHEAT look like contender for beating bad teams.

As for the media, I don't want the media to give the Mavs respect because it's bullsh*t it you ask me, the Spurs are doing good right now but the media whon't say nothing about the Spurs losing to the Suns 4-0 in the playoffs...but when the Mavs are doing good the media are quick to point out the Mavs past first round exits.

Then media try to say the Pau is better then Dirk but whon't say anyting about Pau never winning a playoff game alone...I could go on but I whon't because I'll get mad but yea fu*k the media!!
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:59 AM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah...f'em all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPARTA!!!!!!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:20 AM   #8
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

sadly, we should be used to this by now the mavericks are very underrated and that's because we always do great during the regular season but fail come playoff time, after 2006 anyway. Just let them talk and come playoff time show em who's who.
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:25 AM   #9
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

we have the chance to shut them up if we beat the heat again a few games from now
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:00 AM   #10
DMOC

DMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of light

We have the chance to shut them up if we win a playoff series this year.
DMOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm so frustrated I got the title wrong.
I was more agreeing with you than pointing out your typo.

But I'm used to the Mavs getting shafted by certain members of the media - those haters would probably be hailing us as the next NBA dynasty if this same exact squad was located in New York.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-11-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #12
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I actually like that we aren't spoken about as much. The media has a way of putting teams "under the microscope". I feel like when players are consistently monitored, it adds pressure. It's a blessing in disguise that we've become underrated. Hopefully, when it matters the most we can show the media and the rest of the world, that we are team to be reckoned with.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #13
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
I actually like that we aren't spoken about as much. The media has a way of putting teams "under the microscope". I feel like when players are consistently monitored, it adds pressure. It's a blessing in disguise that we've become underrated. Hopefully, when it matters the most we can show the media and the rest of the world, that we are team to be reckoned with.
Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again: this team thrives with an underdog mentality...

(I certainly didn't choose my screen name at random!)

Old 12-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #14
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I was more agreeing with you than pointing out your typo.
I see what you did there.

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #15
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

i heard this YESTERDAY on ESPN:

the two hottest teams in sports are the Dallas Mavericks and (some hockey team).

so that was a little vindication, but why don't you quit worrying about what media thinks.. its not healthy
Old 12-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #16
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Well.. I'm technically more impressed by the Knicks win streak because I couldn't imagine the knicks winning 7 in a row before the season, but I'm not surprised when the Mavs pull that kind of win streak off... so I guess it just depends on what your definition of "impressive" is.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #17
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas could play as well as anybody in the league and won't draw as much attention as Miami, Lakers and probably Boston. If they play bad in the regular season it will only add to the prevailing opinion that they won't do any damage in the postseason. They played stellar so far? Prove it in April again! Thats the way it is when you dropped of the playoffs so poorly the last four seasons.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #18
jcm28

The only way we would get as much attention as all those other teams is if we get another superstar player like CP3.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #19
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The only way we would get as much attention as all those other teams is if we get another superstar player like CP3.
Cp3 isn't a superstar anymore.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #20
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cp3 isn't a superstar anymore.
Say what?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #21
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Say what?
Yes, you read that correctly. Chris Paul is NOT a superstar anymore. He's lost speed and explosiveness (A result of his injury?). He struggles to finish off the dribble, and he isn't at great at finishing over bigger defenders anymore. I don't have any stats to back this up, but what I've seen from him this season has not been his usual production. Now, don't get me wrong he still is an ALL-STAR but he is not a franchise player imho. I'm going to go lurking on some Hornets boards and see if I can find some info to help back up my claims.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #22
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yes, you read that correctly. Chris Paul is NOT a superstar anymore. He's lost speed and explosiveness (A result of his injury?). He struggles to finish off the dribble, and he isn't at great at finishing over bigger defenders anymore. I don't have any stats to back this up, but what I've seen from him this season has not been his usual production. Now, don't get me wrong he still is an ALL-STAR but he is not a franchise player imho. I'm going to go lurking on some Hornets boards and see if I can find some info to help back up my claims.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #23
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Paul is shooting 66.7% in the lane for comparison Parker shoots almost 60%, Deron shoots 50%
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #24
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Who cares about the medias respect. When we win a championship we'll have everyone's respect. Until then nothing short will matter.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:46 PM   #25
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Paul is shooting 66.7% in the lane for comparison Parker shoots almost 60%, Deron shoots 50%
My level of fail? You know I would appreciate it, if you told me where you thought I was wrong. Instead, you posted a picture of 2 cats. Lame. Back to the topic though.

Chris Paul Career Statistics:
PPG : 19.1
APG: 10.0
RPG: 4.7
SPG: 2.4
FG%: 47%
3ptFG%: 36%
These are Chris Paul's career numbers.

Chris Paul's BEST Season Statistically: (08-09)
PPG: 22.8
APG: 11.0
RPG: 5.5
SPG: 2.8
FG%: 50.3%
3ptFG%: 36%

These are the best numbers of Chris Paul's career, and these are definetely "Superstar" numbers. Now, compare them to his numbers this season :

Chris Paul : 2010-2011
PPG: 15.8
APG: 10.4
RPG: 4.4
SPG: 3.2
FG%: 48%
3ptFG: 47%

Like I said before, these are still very impressive stats. Even in a down year, Paul is doing well. But, these numbers are NOT superstar numbers. They are all-star numbers. Mavs777 I would really appreciate if you watched a few Hornets games, or did some extra research. You'll see that Paul is no longer the same player. I would look for some more stats, but I really have to finish this history paper (lol).
Old 12-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #26
TeamTyson

TeamTyson is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Chris Paul : 2010-2011
PPG: 15.8
APG: 10.4
RPG: 4.4
SPG: 3.2
FG%: 48%
3ptFG: 47%

Like I said before, these are still very impressive stats. Even in a down year, Paul is doing well. But, these numbers are NOT superstar numbers. They are all-star numbers. Mavs777 I would really appreciate if you watched a few Hornets games, or did some extra research. You'll see that Paul is no longer the same player. I would look for some more stats, but I really have to finish this history paper (lol).
Do you think these are superstar numbers?

PPG: 15.5
APG: 11.5
RPG: 3.3
SPG: 1.0
FG%: 50%
3pt%: 43%
TeamTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #27
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTyson View Post
Do you think these are superstar numbers?

PPG: 15.5
APG: 11.5
RPG: 3.3
SPG: 1.0
FG%: 50%
3pt%: 43%
Quite a few of the voters in the 2004-05 MVP race did.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #28
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

haha
Old 12-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #29
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Nash's MVPs were kinda underwhelming. Not saying he didn't deserve them but they were close votes, etc.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #30
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Everything about this thread is embarassing, from the title to the subject matter to the absolutely asinine claim that Chris Paul isn't a superstar.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #31
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Everything about this thread is embarassing, from the title to the subject matter to the absolutely asinine claim that Chris Paul isn't a superstar.
Yeah, it's kinda strange to knock a guy that's leading the NBA in both PER and Win Shares.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #32
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

In defense of LSMF, I have to say that reading through a Hornets board a few days ago, I noticed that Hornet fans are indeed disappointed in Paul's recent play (and it seemed to me, are questioning his desire to play great and not just putting up great numbers moreso than they are worried about his knees, which came as a surprise to me). I started a semi-long post on this before, then realized I don't care enough to fight through the language barrier and abandoned it. Besides, you can't control what da message boards do: reading through a Nets GDT of the last game, it wouldn't have taken much to convincing to make them trade D.Harris for JJB that night.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #33
LSMF
Diamond Member

Well, I guess it comes down to how we define "Superstar" around here. I have already shown stats to help my case, and I've seen him play multiple times this year. There have been times(more than once) this season he's even been held scoreless in the fourth. And I just don't believe 16 amd 10 are "Superstar" numbers, and until someone explains why they are my opinion won't change.

Btw- Before someone changes up my words, I'm not saying Paul isn't a great player. He's an all-star, but not a superstar.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #34
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

them 4 - us 29

are you serious??

edit: wrong thread - so what?

Last edited by mavErika; 12-11-2010 at 09:15 PM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #35
fluid.forty.one

lol at lurking at hornets boards considered doing "research".

oh, and yes. Steve Nash was a superstar. So is Paul. (Steve Nash has been held *scoreless* in 4th quarters too, btw.)

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 12-11-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #36
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
In defense of LSMF, I have to say that reading through a Hornets board a few days ago, I noticed that Hornet fans are indeed disappointed in Paul's recent play (and it seemed to me, are questioning his desire to play great and not just putting up great numbers moreso than they are worried about his knees, which came as a surprise to me). I started a semi-long post on this before, then realized I don't care enough to fight through the language barrier and abandoned it. Besides, you can't control what da message boards do: reading through a Nets GDT of the last game, it wouldn't have taken much to convincing to make them trade D.Harris for JJB that night.
Awesome thread irony here. Like, amazing.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #37
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well, I guess it comes down to how we define "Superstar" around here. I have already shown stats to help my case, and I've seen him play multiple times this year. There have been times(more than once) this season he's even been held scoreless in the fourth. And I just don't believe 16 amd 10 are "Superstar" numbers, and until someone explains why they are my opinion won't change.

Btw- Before someone changes up my words, I'm not saying Paul isn't a great player. He's an all-star, but not a superstar.
Again, he's leading the league in PER so I don't know how you can claim his numbers aren't great. But what's a superstar in your book? Top 3? Top 5? Top 8?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #38
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Shhhhhhh....be glad "they" are not talking about the Mavs. Silence is golden...
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #39
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Does ESPN DALLAS count for national media coverage?
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #40
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:

Because points and assists aren't the only stats that matter. Chris Paul is ridiculously efficient. He's averaging more steals than turnovers. Shooting lights out. As mentioned, he's leading the league in PER.

If he averaged 24 and 12 but with 44% shooting and 4 TO/game would he be a superstar?
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote