Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-14-2006, 02:23 PM   #241
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
can Stack do the impossible: three acceptable games in succession?
I wouldn't bet vCash on it.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #242
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Well... wankster, same diff lol.
ha
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #243
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I wouldn't bet vCash on it.
haha....I don't bet vCash on anything...ever again!....its the devil!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:16 AM   #244
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Stack with the HATE CRIME!!!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:23 AM   #245
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light

Stack just robbed the Clips
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:34 AM   #246
Pro

Pro is on a distinguished road

hahahahaha,
new record for bringing a thread from the dead
Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:57 AM   #247
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

stackattack
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:05 AM   #248
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

All you have to say, whenever Stack does something good, is: "Stack with the HATE CRIME!!!"

Be sure to use the requisite amount of exclamation marks.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #249
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

This may have something to do with the off-night as well as how delicious stack felt after shutting the loud-mouth up.
http://www.star-telegram.com/287/story/406997.html
Quote:
Stackhouse heckler

Jerry Stackhouse had his own personal heckler seated several rows behind one of the goals. A heckler picked on the Mavs' swingman with names such as "Brick-house," every time Stackhouse went to the free-throw line.
I'm sure what he was thinking about was "how can I get that guy in the parking lot to beat the crap out of him". Instead he gets the chance to ruin his night but good.

Just the kind of thing that Stack would enjoy I imagine.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #250
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I hate Stackhouse. I've hated him a long time now. His one or two clutch shots here or there don't make up for the bricks and turnovers he constantly makes.
but he made a great shoot last night~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #251
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

im starting to get a little tired of horse90

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:28 PM   #252
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I watched a clip of that shot on youtube and could the announcer of that game be any less enthused about a game winning three point shot? The short answer is no, that's just terrible.

A good shot by Stack... but it wouldn't have been great if he hadn't made it and this comment would be about why the hell Dirk or Jet didn't have the ball in their hands.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:34 PM   #253
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

great risk
great reward

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #254
Pro

what horrible announcers
local broadcast much better
Old 01-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #255
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

haha..they are so bitter.."the Mavericks are celebrating like they just won a championship....."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5LM31acUFo

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-13-2008 at 07:10 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #256
Pro

glad i dont pay for nba tv, nfl network, etc
Old 01-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #257
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
I watched a clip of that shot on youtube and could the announcer of that game be any less enthused about a game winning three point shot? The short answer is no, that's just terrible.

A good shot by Stack... but it wouldn't have been great if he hadn't made it and this comment would be about why the hell Dirk or Jet didn't have the ball in their hands.
It was pretty downtrodden. And that's the overlay right, not the actual game announcers.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-13-2008, 08:33 PM   #258
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

That's the LA Clippers local broadcast. See the KTLA at the top? That's their CW station. That's why they sound like that.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #259
dude1394
Guru

Funny Jerry Stackhouse against Pete Sampras.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FuRF...eature=related

I'm not sure if stack got any back, but I don't think so, I'm not sure he even saw 'em.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:45 PM   #260
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro
glad i dont pay for nba tv, nfl network, etc
"NBA TV" doesn't actually employ game crews...i believe they just use the local broadcast.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-13-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #261
Pro

can someone explain the whole nba-nfl network to me?
Are there multiple channels, or just one?
Say for instance, I was watching the cowboys tonight. Since it was on fox and no other games were playing, I assume that it was played nationwide on all fox networks? If not, it would be on this "nfl-network" channel correct?
If so, are there multiple cameras at the stadium for each station? Or does Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc, all get their sound/video from NFL cameras and then just use their own announcers on top of it?
Still confusing to me.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #262
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro
can someone explain the whole nba-nfl network to me?
Are there multiple channels, or just one?
Say for instance, I was watching the cowboys tonight. Since it was on fox and no other games were playing, I assume that it was played nationwide on all fox networks? If not, it would be on this "nfl-network" channel correct?
If so, are there multiple cameras at the stadium for each station? Or does Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc, all get their sound/video from NFL cameras and then just use their own announcers on top of it?
Still confusing to me.
NFL Network and NBA TV are very different in one sense--NFL Network has its own announcers and does exclusive broadcasts, whereas NBA TV doesn't.

For example, the Packers-Cowboys game this year was ONLY broadcast by NFL Network. The announcers were working for the NFL network, and the broadcast was produced entirely by NFL Network.

NBA TV is different. When an NBA game is on NBA TV, it's simply a nationwide "re-broadcast" of the home announcers for the game. So, for example, when the Mavs play at home and it's on NBA TV, the announcers are the Mavs local FSN announcers. The only thing that is different are the on-screen graphics--they change them from the local FSN graphics to the NBA TV ones.

That's a major difference between the NFL and the NBA generally as well. Other than the Simulcast Pats-Giants game a couple weeks ago, NFL games are only ever broadcast by one network. NBA games, however, are often broadcast by both a national network like ESPN and the local networks for the teams who are playing. So for most of the Mavs games on, say, TNT, you can still watch the game on TXA 21 if you're in Dallas. In that case, there are actually up to 3 separate broadcasts--the national network broadcast, and the broadcasts by 2 local networks that cover each respective team.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-13-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #263
Pro

still confusing, thanks tho. That kind of explains why the games are all over the networks at times. i used to think wtf, one day its on 21, next day FSN, next TNT, and then totally randomly, like once a year, on ABC. Even if it is a local broadcast at AA, still on FSN.
Do the different cities on the FSN network get confused sometimes? I remember one game I was watching last year, and the rockets had a commercial that was almost IDENTICAL to the mavs commercials (only difference being a rockets logo instead of mavs). Generic commercials for this whole area I guess
Old 01-13-2008, 09:16 PM   #264
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro
still confusing, thanks tho. That kind of explains why the games are all over the networks at times. i used to think wtf, one day its on 21, next day FSN, next TNT, and then totally randomly, like once a year, on ABC. Even if it is a local broadcast at AA, still on FSN.
Do the different cities on the FSN network get confused sometimes? I remember one game I was watching last year, and the rockets had a commercial that was almost IDENTICAL to the mavs commercials (only difference being a rockets logo instead of mavs). Generic commercials for this whole area I guess
Yeah, FSN basically does the exact same commercials for every team and just inserts that team into it. So you'll see that same commercial with the Mavs players standing on the big stage like it's a concert, but it will be with the Rockets/Spurs/Cavaliers/whoever else players insetad.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #265
mary
Troll Hunter

Here's another buzzer beater from Stack. I don't even remember this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHQNQ...eature=related

Old 01-14-2008, 01:59 AM   #266
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Almost right prodigy..... I am not sure how it's done, it almost seems random, but the broadcast on NBA League Pass is not necessarily always rebroadcasting the local announcers. For example, the last game vs the Clippers, League Pass subscribers got to hear Mark Followill and Brad Davis. Check the Broadband League pass if the game's still up and you'll see.

It must be random, they almost always use Mark and Brad when I watch it. I'd say 80% of the games.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:12 AM   #267
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Almost right prodigy..... I am not sure how it's done, it almost seems random, but the broadcast on NBA League Pass is not necessarily always rebroadcasting the local announcers. For example, the last game vs the Clippers, League Pass subscribers got to hear Mark Followill and Brad Davis. Check the Broadband League pass if the game's still up and you'll see.

It must be random, they almost always use Mark and Brad when I watch it. I'd say 80% of the games.
Oh, i know that. I'm a league pass guy too actually. I was referring to the NBA TV broadcasts only--just that one channel. As far as I know, they always use the home announcers.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:15 AM   #268
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you suggesting I didn't read the actual post, rather just skimmed through it, and am just making assumptions as to what you guys were talking about exactly and got confused? BLASPHEMY! DOWN WITH THE HERETIC!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #269
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

This was a fun thread.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>