Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #41
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

i would be so happy to be rid of jet and damp.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #42
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
This really isn't true, but even if it was, it's also not the relevant question. The relevant question is whether there is an alternative out there who is a greater net positive (or less of a net negative) than JJB and who would cost comparable money. I'd like to know who that person is.
I think it still goes back to this...
Old 05-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #43
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
You still don't let a cheap asset walk for no reason. If they're tired of the way Rick uses him, they'll trade him. And despite what some people on this board would think, there would be more than a handful of teams willing to take on JJB at 1.8 mil.
There's a handful of teams that would be willing to take JJB for MORE than 1.8 mil too.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #44
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I do not understand the notion that the Mavs would have been better off last season if, say, Barea had spent the year on the IR. That just blows my mind.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #45
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I do not understand the notion that the Mavs would have been better off last season if, say, Barea had spent the year on the IR. That just blows my mind.
The way I hear it, we would have been beter off last says if Barea, Terry, Kidd, Najara and Damp had spent the year on the IR. Dirk would have had to set a few records just to win a game!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #46
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i definitely don't get all the JJ hate. he's a serviceable player.

the thing about JET is that he's too streaky, and seems to fold in the playoffs. Damp is just old and he looks like it.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #47
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's a handful of teams that would be willing to take JJB for MORE than 1.8 mil too.
And next offseason if he plays more than just backup point guard minutes... we will be wishing that other teams had offered him that money.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #48
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
i definitely don't get all the JJ hate. he's a serviceable player.

the thing about JET is that he's too streaky, and seems to fold in the playoffs. Damp is just old and he looks like it.
because theres no need for barea when u got a guy like roddyb on your team!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #49
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Good...nice 3rd point.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #50
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
I very much agree with Bayliss and Maringa here. And I'll add that Dirk will find a way to leave this summer.
Then I would venture to say that you are wrong on multiple counts.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #51
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I have no problem with extending Barea, because I think it's a good idea to keep a serviceable player around. I don't think you let a serviceable player walk just because you're afraid the coach will overuse him.

That said, I wouldn't call Barea a "steal" at $1.8 million, nor do I believe that there are a bunch of teams out there dying to sign him for that or more.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:06 PM   #52
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

raise your hand if you think Barea would be a bad idea at 10 or so minutes a game. . . [no one?]

raise your hand if you think Carlisle will limit Barea's minutes to 10 or so a game . . .
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #53
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
raise your hand if you think Barea would be a bad idea at 10 or so minutes a game. . . [no one?]

raise your hand if you think Carlisle will limit Barea's minutes to 10 or so a game . . .
I predict that Barea's minutes (if he's in the rotation) will be limited to 10-14 mpg as the backup PG.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:14 PM   #54
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Roddy needs to be the backup point guard. Terry and Butler play the 2 guard so if Barea is playing the backup point guard, Roddy isn't. That is how Barea can hurt us.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #55
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Roddy needs to be the backup point guard. Terry and Butler play the 2 guard so if Barea is playing the backup point guard, Roddy isn't. That is how Barea can hurt us.
this ^ exactly!!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #56
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who disagrees with this move is stupid. He's coming in cheap, and will more than likely be used as a sweetener in a trade.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:21 PM   #57
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Anyone who disagrees with this move is stupid. He's coming in cheap, and will more than likely be used as a sweetener in a trade.
but if he isn"t..and hes the backup point again next year then what......
Old 05-11-2010, 11:28 PM   #58
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Hopefully he is traded. We have no use for him any longer. We probably shouldn't have has much use for him this year, his team worst adj +/- shows that he was more of a negative. But whatever. I like picking up the trade chip.

BEAT LA

Last edited by badfish22; 05-11-2010 at 11:28 PM.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #59
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

http://www.82games.com/0910/09DAL1.HTM
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #60
clutch#41
Golden Member

article i found..
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...vs-pgs-are-set
Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #61
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roddy can't be the starting SG and the backup PG. And odds are that he's going to be the starting SG unless we get Wade or JJ or some such in here. He's not going to play 40+ minutes per game in the regular season. JJ is a very nice security blanket to have for limited (8-10) minutes per game at the backup 1.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #62
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Roddy can't be the starting SG and the backup PG. And odds are that he's going to be the starting SG unless we get Wade or JJ or some such in here. He's not going to play 40+ minutes per game in the regular season. JJ is a very nice security blanket to have for limited (8-10) minutes per game at the backup 1.
agree with you on that but roddy starting Sg? how do u see the roster shaping up?? butler at the 3? marion?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:59 PM   #63
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
but if he isn"t..and hes the backup point again next year then what......
I highly doubt that, and if it does come down to that, I fully expect Roddy to out perform him and earn his minutes next year. Mark my words, Roddy won't be riding the pine as hard next year.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #64
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's basically the nice consolation prize if we don't get one of the bigger wing options this summer.

When you've got backups like Nate Robinson making 5 mil, Jarrett Jack at 4.5, Ridnour at 6.5, you like that 1.8 a lot better for a backup. Sure there are guys like Arroyo, J. Williams, and Augustin who are on much modest salaries, but there are inflated ones as well.

Again, it's just all dependent on if Rick learns his lesson.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #65
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
agree with you on that but roddy starting Sg? how do u see the roster shaping up?? butler at the 3? marion?
I don't know how it will shake out, but I'll be pretty surprised if Roddy isn't the starting SG. Maybe he'll come quickly off the bench, but I'd expect him to get 30+ mpg at the 2.

*edit* Again, this is of course assuming that we don't get a star SG in the market this summer.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-12-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:01 AM   #66
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Good...nice 3rd point.
this.

We need a 3rd PG anyway. He knows the system and the price tag is ok.

Its just up to the damn coach to handle him what he is: a damn 3rd PG, so lets hammer him with DNP.

Barea should see the court with foultrouble or injuries of Kidd or Roddy.

And i do not want Roddy as a fulltime SG because that means there is a reason more to play Barea. Roddy has to learn the crappy PnR and then Barea is no topic anyway.

Last edited by sefant77; 05-12-2010 at 04:03 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:48 AM   #67
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

dammit
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:02 AM   #68
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
I can read the future, too. I see much fail for you. Go ahead and jump and get it over with.
LOL...I know...sometimes I get tired of my pessimism myself...oh well...Hope Mav's don't continue their trend over the last 10 years...I am hoping for something completely different.

Putting homerism aside, you got to keep in mind that if you go the the other 28 teams' messageboards, you will see identical threads like ours regarding their hopes for landing Lebron, Wade, etc...There are 28 other teams that are competing for their services...Some have better chances than others, some teams are more creative than others in making deals, and some markets are just simply more attractive than Dallas. Cuban has money, and that is just about it...If there wasn't such a thing as salary cap or collective bargaining agreements, I would be more hopeful. I just thing there are more attractive situations for Lebron, Wade, etc. than Dallas. Dallas is going to have to come up with a miracle, and quit being used as a bargaining chip (Mourning, Redd, etc...)
Old 05-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #69
BGMaverick9
Guru

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=3024

Quote:
DONUT 3: Those of you who don’t dig JJB: Simmer down.
Of course Dallas is picking up his option. A real live NBA rotation member who makes $1.8 mil and is expiring? What else is there to do? (And if your answer is something like, ‘I don’t care, just get rid of him!’, your Amateur GM membership card is hereby revoked.)
Do not, however, confuse "picking up his option'' with "he'll definitely be a Mav next year.'' If you know what I mean.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #70
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Yep.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #71
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

well thankfully damp is gone anyway.

and if he does come back itll be really cheap. but hes not worth anything to me, sure hes a good defender. but we need a big man to get buckets down low.

im a JET fan, but he needs to find a new home. we have no use for him if were bring back JJ. we got kidd, JJ and roddy.

now we need a SG that can attack... sadly i dont have confidence were gona get one..
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #72
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do not, however, confuse "picking up his option'' with "he'll definitely be a Mav next year.'' If you know what I mean.
And don't ever think he'll be "just a backup" under Carlisle too.

Let's pray he gets traded and the Mavs get an upgrade in talent.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #73
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

JJ's a legitament spark off the bench if no one else is sparking. So why not bring him back? Doesn't make sense not to. He just needs to have his role as 3rd PG who can provide offense if no one else is.

Last edited by tcat075; 05-12-2010 at 08:05 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #74
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
I have no problem with extending Barea, because I think it's a good idea to keep a serviceable player around. I don't think you let a serviceable player walk just because you're afraid the coach will overuse him.

That said, I wouldn't call Barea a "steal" at $1.8 million, nor do I believe that there are a bunch of teams out there dying to sign him for that or more.
he's not quite a bargain compared to say Anthony Morrow making 700,000 or the Suns signing Matt Barnes for the same 2 summers ago. but it's still a no-brainer to pick up his option
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #75
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
he's not quite a bargain compared to say Anthony Morrow making 700,000 or the Suns signing Matt Barnes for the same 2 summers ago. but it's still a no-brainer to pick up his option
There are some back-up PGs out there making over 3-4 million, some are making around what JJ makes, but a little bit higher...I'd still say it's a steal.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:18 AM   #76
LonghornDub

Without immediately looking at a list, I would wager that JJ is one of the 10 best backup PG's in the league, as long as he is relegated to just playing backup PG and not whacky off-guard thing in the three-guard lineup. A top-10 backup PG is a steal at $1.8 mil, in my book.

And if he's not a Mav next year, that's fine too, long as we use him smartly in a trade.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:20 AM   #77
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Without immediately looking at a list, I would wager that JJ is one of the 10 best backup PG's in the league, as long as he is relegated to just playing backup PG and not whacky off-guard thing in the three-guard lineup. A top-10 backup PG is a steal at $1.8 mil, in my book.

And if he's not a Mav next year, that's fine too, long as we use him smartly in a trade.
I would put Barea as the top 10 weakest backup point guards.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #78
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Its up to RC and Roddys summer to make Barea that what he is...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:57 AM   #79
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
I would put Barea as the top 10 weakest backup point guards.
Because you're ignorant. LDub hit the nail
on the head.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #80
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I like JJB, but I don't like the way RC utilizes him...he's been overplayed and thus exposed as a MAJOR weakness.

5-10 minutes in the 2nd/3rd qtr is fine...or in games that are a blow out in either direction to give others rest.

But to use him as a key cog over Roddy B has basically caused a serious doubt/mis-trust of the coach and his rotations.

How on earth RC appears to get a free ride, while over in the other local sports we find the coaches getting crucified is beyond me. RC appears to be more of a Yes man to Cuban than Wade does to Jerry.

This team has a ton of issues, but I am seriously questioning this coach...he appears to be stubborn and unwilling to trust and develop a young guy. Think about it, would you have sacrificed a few regular season wins by giving Roddy B. MORE playing time earlier in the season to allow him to develop on the court so that you could use him more than JJB in the post-season?

Again, I do like JJB...but in small doses...I can't blame him for playing too much, but the coaches appeared to ignore what is obvious to everyone else watching the games...he's a serious defensive liability!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, embareament, jjb's balls are huge, little bitty scrotum, turtleinguis