Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-29-2015, 12:03 AM   #1
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

@espn_macmahon: LaMarcus Aldridge buzz has started, but another potential Mavs prime summer target: DeAndre Jordan, who has made it known he's interested.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:54 AM   #2
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
@espn_macmahon: LaMarcus Aldridge buzz has started, but another potential Mavs prime summer target: DeAndre Jordan, who has made it known he's interested.
As long as Jordan gets in here and starts working on free throws immediately. And I'd guess that means Chandler is gone or signing small money to come off the bench.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
As long as Jordan gets in here and starts working on free throws immediately. And I'd guess that means Chandler is gone or signing small money to come off the bench.
I hate to say this because I love the guy, but Chandler ended up being fairly pedestrian for us in the playoffs... I don't know if it's because the lack of depth at center all season burned him out, or because Dwight was too much for him to handle, or just because our team defense was so awful that it nullified his greatest strengths, but he didn't really do any one thing well in this series. Considering his performance and his age, I'm not sure if I'm interested in bringing him back unless it's at a discount.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-29-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:04 AM   #4
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I hate to say this because I love the guy, but Chandler ended up being fairly pedestrian for us in the playoffs... I don't know if it's because the lack of depth at center all season burned him out, or because Dwight was too much for him to handle, or just because our team defense was so awful that it nullified his greatest strengths, but he didn't really do any one thing well in this series. Considering his performance and his age, I'm not sure if I'm interested in bringing him back unless it's at a discount.
I'm not against replacing TC. He was totally out matched not only against Howard but really any of the better C's in the league. For all the talk of needing a better PG to compete, IMHO it was really our post play which killed us in the playoffs. Whoever we have starting at C next season, it would be wise to have a real backup option which RC will play consistent minutes.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:10 AM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
I'm not against replacing TC. He was totally out matched not only against Howard but really any of the better C's in the league. For all the talk of needing a better PG to compete, IMHO it was really our post play which killed us in the playoffs. Whoever we have starting at C next season, it would be wise to have a real backup option which RC will play consistent minutes.
Or, you know, just find a center who doesn't have to severely limit their minutes because they're old. The need for a solid backup is diminished when you have a guy who can play 36 MPG... It's seriously time for the Mavericks to start getting younger.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:20 AM   #6
Wang Zhi Zhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Sounds like DJ is just playing us to up his mkt value. Why would he want to leave the Clippers, who are better, younger, have a perfect point guard for him, and can pay him much more than we can? Doesn't make any sense.
Wang Zhi Zhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:26 AM   #7
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Zhi Zhi View Post
Sounds like DJ is just playing us to up his mkt value. Why would he want to leave the Clippers, who are better, younger, have a perfect point guard for him, and can pay him much more than we can? Doesn't make any sense.

If the Clips are ousted in the First Round after taking a 2-0 lead I could see them not paying DJ.

Edit: Sign the beast! Can never have a big enough center. Except maybe Shawn Bradley.

Last edited by tap2390; 04-29-2015 at 09:27 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:18 AM   #8
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
If the Clips are ousted in the First Round after taking a 2-0 lead I could see them not paying DJ.

Edit: Sign the beast! Can never have a big enough center. Except maybe Shawn Bradley.
didnt happen. Almost did though
Old 04-29-2015, 10:43 AM   #9
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
didnt happen. Almost did though
Wow you're absolutely right. Built that narrative in my head. Time for a vaca.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:26 AM   #10
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This was my first thought, but he is from Houston and went to Texas A and M. He is also supposedly very religious, so maybe LA the city isn't the draw that it is for most players. I mean he did choose to go to Texas A M.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:36 PM   #11
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Exactly what I'm thinking as well. LAC knows the free throw handicap and are they willing to break the bank....maybe if someone else is willing to pony up....they might. It's a nice seed thrown out by his agent.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:50 PM   #12
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, one example: there's an annoyance there that's likely not going away in the near future.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:27 PM   #13
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Well, one example: there's an annoyance there that's likely not going away in the near future.
Love the tease but all in all Im still skeptical Mavs can pull it off. Hesitant after all the misses. Sucks the Spurs couldnt finish them off last night.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:46 PM   #14
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Love the tease but all in all Im still skeptical Mavs can pull it off. Hesitant after all the misses. Sucks the Spurs couldnt finish them off last night.
The odds are dramatically better than LMA coming to Dallas. That said, it's still not a given.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:44 PM   #15
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
The odds are dramatically better than LMA coming to Dallas. That said, it's still not a given.
Gotcha. I'll aboard the Jordan train if I have to
Old 05-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #16
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The annoyance? Matt Barnes?
Old 05-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #17
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
The annoyance? Matt Barnes?
My list of clipper annoyances are

Chris Paul
doc rivers
Austin rivers
Matt Barnes
Blake griffin
Redick (recently turned into a flopper)