Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-15-2001, 08:20 PM   #41
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Have you seen the reviews for Onimusha Warlords? Man that game sounds AWESOME! Deinitely gotta add that to my wanted list! Now should I have to decide which to get first..cuz I still want The Bouncer.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2001, 08:24 PM   #42
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

After reading a couple more reviews, the verdict is in: Onimusha Warlords ROCKS! Once I finish up this site, I'm heading over to Best Buy!
Old 03-15-2001, 11:09 PM   #43
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Yeah, it got really good reviews from everyone. It didn't really catch my attention though. Guess I'll rent it and give it a try.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 11:13 PM   #44
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Ring of Red and Shadow of Destiny also got good reviews by most everybody. I'm not interested in those games either but it looks like the High quality PS2 games are starting to roll out more often.

Old 03-16-2001, 12:54 AM   #45
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The progression of my favorite games: Barbarian-Centurion-Starcontrol-Leisure Suit Larry (1&2)-Civilization-Dune2-Starcontrol2 (one of the greatest unappreciated games ever)-Warcraft-SimCity-Caesar-Command&Conquer-Warcraft2-Civilization2 (maybe the greatest game that I have ever seen)-Syndicate-Caesar2-C&C Red Alert-Starcraft-Dune2000... And many others that do not make the final cut, or that I have played, but never devoted hours to... Believe it or not, I really don't spend much time playing games on the computer- I just was an avid follower of the newest games (non-first person shoot-em-up) that came out since I was a kid...
Old 03-16-2001, 12:56 AM   #46
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The development of Warcraft 3 sounds a little problematic, but it could end up being a classic...we'll just have to see...
Old 03-16-2001, 01:09 AM   #47
djb
Administrator

Did you ever play those old Sierra games (besides Leisure Suit Larry)? Man I used to LOVE those games! That is, before they started making them animated or 3D or whatever. Quest for Glory I (updated version) and III, Robin Hood: Conquest of the Longbow, King's Quest V and VI, Space Quest I (updated version), V, VI, Rise of the Dragon..those games OWNED [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] $8 hint books baby!!
Old 03-16-2001, 02:43 AM   #48
Linde

Linde is on a distinguished road

my favorite games are
c&c red alert / ra 2
age of empires 2
fifa 2000
siedler 3/4 ( settler ? )
sudden strike
anstoss 3 ( soccer manager )
star trek games
monkey island 1/2/3/4
formel 1 games
Dying Fetus, Skinless / Neurotic DF / Devourment / FTC / Undergrind Freakfest ? / Deathfeast / Misery Index / Obscene Extreme / Dong / Mountains Of Death / NRW DF / Luha DF / Bloodshed / Grind Gütiger
Linde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 08:43 AM   #49
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

King's Quest and Space Quest were awesome! I had a few of the king's quest games for my APPLE IIC. yup, i had an APPLE IIC.

Old 03-16-2001, 02:23 PM   #50
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

I was all about Space Quest... I have fond memories of the Legend of Monkey Island to... Also, I almost forgot about Age of Empires2- that game was a classic...
Old 03-16-2001, 02:24 PM   #51
djb
Administrator

That game IS a classic [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's still pretty popular I think, though I haven't played it in months (if I install it, then I'll never get anything done).
Old 03-16-2001, 05:15 PM   #52
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Civilization II still stands as my measuring stick for all strategy/development games... I played that game into the ground...
Old 03-16-2001, 10:52 PM   #53
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Damn, it just keeps getting better and better. Check out these 6 brand spankin new movies of NBA Street.

NBA Street Movies

One word, SWEET

Old 03-16-2001, 11:11 PM   #54
djb
Administrator

Wow that does look pretty slick! The animation looks awesome, but the characters look really artificial.
Old 03-17-2001, 09:51 AM   #55
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

hmm.....I think they look really good. Alot better then those found in NBA Live.

All the stuff going on in the background looks cool too.

Old 03-22-2001, 10:07 PM   #56
djb
Administrator

For all PlayStation 2 owners (that would be you, Rob), go here for a FREE PS2 demo of Red Faction! For game info and screenshots, head over to www.redfaction.com.
Old 03-22-2001, 11:04 PM   #57
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

mmmmmm...nah, I'm not really interested in Red Faction. It does look awesome though.

I'm planing to go on a Game rental bonanza next week. Bouncer, All-Star Baseball, Ring of Red, Ominishu(?) and a few other I can't remember off the top of my head. I need to buy a new game. Hopefully I'll find something worth buying.

Old 03-23-2001, 11:38 AM   #58
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I also get Playstation demo's from OPM and PSU, so i'll probably get one from them sometime.

Old 03-23-2001, 11:39 AM   #59
djb
Administrator

Are those mags or something? Man I haven't picked up a vid game mag since the days of SNES [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2001, 11:59 AM   #60
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

OPM: Official Playstation Magizine. Comes with a demo disk. playable and non-playable(usally not that good though). The mag is really good though.

PSU: Playstation Underground Magazine. 2 demo disks(no magazine). 1st disk is full of codes, previews of upcoming games, behind the scenes stuff, etc..etc.. 2nd disk is entirely playable and non-playable demo's.

Old 03-23-2001, 02:51 PM   #61
djb
Administrator

Let me know how you like Onimusha Warlords. That's really the only game I want to buy right now, considering how bad the reviews for The Bouncer have been [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hmm well that and Dynasty Warriors 2, which I STILL really want but haven't gotten!
Old 03-23-2001, 04:52 PM   #62
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Have you ever played DW2? Did you send in the demo disk form that came with the PS2? DW2 is on there. I didn't really like it. It was kinda fun a first but got really boring fast.

I'll let you know what I think about Onimusha Warlords if/when I get it. Bouncer too.

Old 03-23-2001, 04:54 PM   #63
djb
Administrator

I played the first one a few years back and really like those types of games (Final Fight, Double Dragon..ahh the memories!).
Old 03-28-2001, 06:56 PM   #64
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Can't find Onimishu(?) but was able to get Bouncer today and...well... I suggest you rent it and make your own opinion.

To me it's way too boring. It's like DW2 in a way that you fight some people then go to the next area and fight more people and on and on. That's all you do. In Bouncer though you don't even get to walk around really. You fight like 3-4 people then the split second the fights over it goes to a cut screen(movie, what ever you wanna call it). The cut screen lasts a few minutes(2-3 times longer then the fight's usually), then it drop's you in another area and you fight 3-4 more people(fight's only last about 30 seconds). That's all you do over and over again. And the fighting it self is slow and boring IMO.

On a good note, the Graphics are fantastic.

Also got Top Gear Dare Devil, and Theme Park Rollor Coaster. Top Gear is pure crap. Simple as that. Theme Park...well...I'm actually enjoying it. It's alittle something different for a change. You build Theme Parks and have to keep your customers happy to keep your Park running.

My blockbuster suck. They had nothing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] .

Old 03-30-2001, 02:36 PM   #65
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Found Onimishue(spl?) and it's pretty good. It's basically Resident Evil except win a sword instead of guns(you may get a gun deeper into the game, I don't know). Graphics are superb. Controlls take a little getting used to but there not bad.

If you like the Resident Evil style games, I'd recomend it.

Old 04-02-2001, 10:53 AM   #66
djb
Administrator

If you're into fighting games, DOA2: Hardcore is on sale for $29.99 over at Frys!
Old 04-02-2001, 10:59 AM   #67
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yea, that was one of the first PS2 games I played and I hated it. It was really slow IMO. The graphic's where awesome though. But I'm not much into fighters anyways.

Old 04-02-2001, 05:59 PM   #68
djb
Administrator

Check this out if you haven't already:

http://ps2.ign.com/news/33019.html
Old 04-02-2001, 06:02 PM   #69
djb
Administrator

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2001, 05:29 PM   #70
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

****dallaslaker**** whats your b.net name i wanna play with you sometime, im also a diehard SC player
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 01:53 PM   #71
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Slow going's on in the videogame world lately IMO. Anybody buy or rent any games that are worth checking out? I'm starving for something new.

Old 04-12-2001, 04:50 PM   #72
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

It's coming!

"This morning, Activision officially announced Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, for six platforms! Not only do we get another THPS for the PlayStation, Game Boy Color and PC, we also get the all important Xbox, PlayStation 2 and Game Boy Advance versions.

"Players go high flying through some of the hottest skating locales in the world including Skater's Island in Middleton, Rhode Island, Rio, Los Angeles, Canada, Tokyo and Paris. Fluid animations let gamers pull off hundreds of combo moves and tricks including nollies, manuals and lip tricks using the franchise's signature solid control scheme."

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 is jam packed with new skateboarding pros, such as Bam Margera of MTV Jackass fame, and features returning favorites Steve Caballero, Rune Glifberg, Eric Koston, Bucky Lasek, Rodney Mullen, Chad Muska, Andrew Reynolds, Geoff Rowley, Elissa Steamer and Jamie Thomas. Additionally, fans can create their own skateboarding idols and personalize their skaters with glasses, hair, armbands and tattoos. The game's expanded multi-player modes increase re-playability for the ultimate in skateboarding fun."

Gaming-age.com

WOOHOO!! Can't wait [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .