Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-02-2001, 11:26 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Well since we lost this thread in the transfer, I thought I'd start another one.

Anybody played/bought any good videogames lately? What videogames are you looking forward to?

I pretty much put NBA Live away. It got too boring. Probably trade it in soon. The newest games I gotten are. ATV: OffRoad Fury(PS2). That games pretty sweet. It's a blast to play with more then 1 player. Brother bought Star Wars:Starfighter the other day. That game kicks a$$ too but it's way to short. Only took about a day to beat.

Can't wait for Gran Turismo 3, NBA Street, and Triple Play.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2001, 11:31 PM   #2
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

i only like sports games, but i've been out of the loop the last couple years...i only got the first playstation, so i guess i'm a loser![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2001, 11:36 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Your not a loser. There TONS of people don't have Playstation 2's. There still VERY hard to find.

But yeah, I pretty much play every kind of game(except RPG's) but sports games are where it's at for me too.

Old 03-02-2001, 11:42 PM   #4
Hales233
Golden Member

are they still that hard to get?? i had no idea...
Old 03-02-2001, 11:50 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yep, I have yet to see one anywhere. I look everytime I go to a store(which is about twice a week) that sales electronics and I have yet to see one.

Old 03-02-2001, 11:52 PM   #6
Hales233
Golden Member

wow...that's crazy huh??
Old 03-02-2001, 11:58 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Good thing DJ and I had ours reserved at launch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] WOOHOO.

Old 03-03-2001, 12:41 AM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I never reserved mine! I just happened to see the bundle for sale at Walmart.com one day. It was sold out in less then 20mins, but I was able to get my order in (this was about a week after the PS2 was released).
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 04:08 AM   #9
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Best bball game was Hoops on Nes hahaha
Old 03-03-2001, 10:52 AM   #10
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

No way! Remember Arch Rivals on NES? heheh that dude with the mo-hawk was a badass [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2001, 02:51 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Nah, Double Dribble was the best basketball game on the NES.

Old 03-03-2001, 03:12 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

Well I never had the luxury of owning an NES [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I had an Atari way back when I was a tyke, but my next system didn't come until much later.

1. Game Boy (1989)
2. TurboGrafx 16 (1990)
4. Sega GameGear (1991)
5. TurboExpress (portable TurboGrafx, 1991)
3. Super Famicom (Japanese version of SNES..I got it in 1992 I think, 6mos. before it was released in America)
6. Sony Playstation (1998)
7. Sony PS2 (2000)

I haven't really been into vid games since the SNES days. NBA Live 98 took a huge chunk out of my life my freshman year in college though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My roommates and I always had fierce games! There have also been periods when PC games like Doom II (the MOTHER of all games!), Quake, WarCraft, Age of Empires 1 and 2, and Diablo have made a hermit out of me. But now I'm pretty much staying away from them. I swear if I install AOE 2 again, I'll never get anything done! That games OWNS!
Old 03-03-2001, 03:30 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I'm not really into PC games. Just can't sit infront of a computer monitor very long. I'd rather be chillin on the sofa playin console games. Which I LOVE.

The Atari was my first too.

Atari 2600
NES
SNES
N64
PSOne
PS2

Never could get into Sega for some reason.

Old 03-05-2001, 09:34 AM   #14
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Double dribble! with the black-and-white slo-mo dunks...

that makes me think of blades of steel, too. what a great game.
Old 03-05-2001, 09:38 AM   #15
djb
Administrator

Anyone remember Jordan vs Bird?! I'm talking about the original old-school b&w game on the PC and NES.
Old 03-05-2001, 09:45 AM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

lol, I remember those black and white slow motion dunks. Those were cool.

I remember Jordan-vs-Bird too. Infact, I think I had it at one point. Don't remember for what though.

Old 03-05-2001, 07:16 PM   #17
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

TONY HAWK 2 is the bomb shit
Old 03-06-2001, 04:14 AM   #18
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Have any of you in the US played Super INternational Cricket on SNES??? AWESOME game. Tony Hawk on Playstation is up there too (1st version probably better but 2 is fun as well)
Old 03-06-2001, 09:08 AM   #19
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Jordan Vs. Bird! I had that. You could either play 1-on-1 (jordan vs. bird), take part in a slam dunk contest (jordan), or take part in a three point contest (bird). that game was awesome, and actually tougher than it looked. In the dunk contest, you had to get the dunk just right in order to make it.
Old 03-06-2001, 11:00 AM   #20
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Nope, never played cricket. In fact I've never seen the videogame. And I agree with you, Tony Hawk 1 was better IMO.

Old 03-06-2001, 11:38 AM   #21
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

I had no idea there was even a cricket game out there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 12:22 PM   #22
djb
Administrator

Cricket..is that like Frogger?

heheh j/k [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2001, 05:43 PM   #23
djb
Administrator

Rob~

I hear that "The Bouncer" was released in stores today. I know some of the early reviews haven't been too good, but damn that game looks sweet! I haven't touched my PS2 in a while, but am definitely planning on getting it next week after I finish this site [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2001, 07:12 PM   #24
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yeah, todays actually the ship date so it should be in stores tomorrow but I'm not going to get it until I have a chance to rent it first. I was high on 'The Bouncer' but have seen way too many bad reviews. Hopefully it's not as bad as everyone says. Let me know your thoughts if ya get it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

I'm just dying for some baseball games right now. Just one more week to go.

Old 03-07-2001, 07:36 AM   #25
djb
Administrator

Here's a review of The Bouncer:
IGN review

I also want a copy of NBA HOOPZ now that it's out. Ahh the memories! NBA Jam kicked ass on SNES [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2001, 08:48 AM   #26
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

hehe

yep, saw that review yesterday. I'm still going to rent before I buy though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

btw, I think you should hold off on buying NBA Hoopz. First because it sucks but also because NBA Street comes out soon. That game looks SWEET. It's in the same mold as NBA Jam too. But you actually(from what I've read) have to play defense to win. You should check out the preview and some movies of it. Like I said, It look SWEET.

NBA Street

Also, it's made by the same people that brought us the fantastic SSX.

Old 03-07-2001, 09:11 AM   #27
djb
Administrator

Wow that games does look good! The fact that it's EA Sports Big's follow-up to SSX is enough to change my mind about NBA Hoopz!

Then again, if NBA Hoopz has the option to let your player be on fire, then I'll probably pick it up as well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I remember playing NBA Jam's single player mode and throwing down 160pts (almost all 3-pointers) in those 3min quarters!
Old 03-07-2001, 10:22 AM   #28
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

It's cool. You play in turnaments and to win the turnament you have to beat a real life Legendary street team. Everytime you win you take one player off the other team and put him on yours. It's got Rucker park and the Cage in it too. Awesome!

Old 03-08-2001, 12:57 PM   #29
djb
Administrator

What do you think about the Game Boy Advance? I know I'm not much into gaming anymore (no time, no money, no time), but I love getting my hands on the newest toys (*cough* PS2 *cough*) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It would also be nice to play some more old-school games like the Super Mario game coming out (as opposed to the overdone 3D crap they're pumping out these days).
Old 03-08-2001, 02:31 PM   #30
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Never been a fan of the hand helds. Don't know why.

Old 03-08-2001, 09:50 PM   #31
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

I really liked NBA2k for the Sega, actually even better than NBA Live for the PS2. That's about the only console games that I play. Anyone play games on the computer? I'm a diehard Starcrafter. It's old, but it's better than any other online game out there.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:29 AM   #32
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Nope, not here. Never heard of Starcraft. I'm purely a console gamer.

Old 03-09-2001, 10:23 AM   #33
djb
Administrator

I was a big Warcraft II fanatic in highschool. I played that and Doom II on DWANGO all the time (a dial-up game network where you can play against up to 3 other people; this was before Internet gaming became so popular). Anyway, I never tried StarCraft, but last year I couldn't stop playing Age of Empires 2! That game is like the WarCraft/StarCraft games, but a hundred times better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2001, 03:04 AM   #34
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

AOE2 is better in terms of graphics, but for pure playability, starcraft is the hands down winner. The game is like 3 years old (positively ancient!), but it's still one of the top games. Can't wait for Warcraft III which should be awesome also.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 06:52 PM   #35
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Anybody ever played All-Star Baseball on the N64? It comes out this week for the PS2 and I'm contemplating whether to try it or stick with Triple Play.

Old 03-11-2001, 06:59 PM   #36
djb
Administrator

The last baseball game I've ever played was 'Baseball' on the Game Boy! It was one of the Game Boy's original launch titles [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2001, 08:49 PM   #37
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Damn, I take it you don't like baseball videogames. Baseball, though boring as hell to watch, has always been one of my favorite videogames to play. I get the new edition every year. Always been a fan of Triple Play but everyones raving about All-Star Baseball(PS2) this year.

Old 03-11-2001, 10:46 PM   #38
djb
Administrator

I really haven't tried any baseball games so maybe I'll rent one sometime. I still need rent or buy The Bouncer, Dynasty Warriors, and the new NBA games (ESPN, and HOOPZ) though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2001, 10:06 AM   #39
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Have you seen that Bouncer commercial? Looks pretty cool. Played DW2 and though it was ok, it got too repetitive real quick. Beat up a group of people, go to the next place, beat up some more people, next place....etc. I also want to try the NBA game from ESPN but with NBA Street just around the corner, I'm not interested in buying it.

2 more days until Triple Play [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 03-14-2001, 03:02 PM   #40
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Got Triple Play today. Early impressions are good. But I need more play time to know whether or not it is awesome. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .