Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-24-2006, 11:17 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dirk does NOT win MVP

Sources: Mavs' Johnson honored, Dirk snubbed
10:52 PM CDT on Monday, April 24, 2006
By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

Avery Johnson will be honored with one of the NBA's two biggest individual awards today when he is named the league's coach of the year, numerous sources said Monday.

However, the league's other major piece of hardware – the MVP trophy – will elude Dirk Nowitzki, a source said. While it was unknown who will win the MVP, it will not be Nowitzki, who was lumped with Phoenix's Steve Nash, Cleveland's LeBron James, Detroit's Chauncey Billups and the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant as legitimate candidates.

Johnson, in his first full season as Mavericks coach, won the nationwide ballot of media members, besting, among others, Detroit's Flip Saunders, San Antonio's Gregg Popovich and Phoenix's Mike D'Antoni , who won the award last season.

Johnson is the first winner of the award in Mavericks history. He broke the NBA record for fastest coach to 50 wins (50-12) and best record after 82 games (66-16). He was coach of the month in November and January, in addition to winning the award in April last season after taking over for Don Nelson. His career record is 76-24.

"He got a great opportunity, and he's a great coach who took that opportunity and ran with it," Nelson said from San Francisco, where he was preparing for a speaking engagement, unaware of the pending announcement. "He deserves the coach of the year, and I couldn't be happier for him. Not everybody gets a chance to step into a winning situation like this.

"It's a terrific honor for him and his whole staff. They helped make it happen."

The Mavericks finished 60-22 this season, tying the franchise record for victories. They had the third-best record in the NBA. The team also had only one All-Star – Nowitzki – which probably worked in Johnson's favor. Each other coach of the year candidate had at least two All-Stars on his team.

Throughout his playing career as a gritty point guard, Johnson was known as the "Little General." He appeared in 1,054 games, one of only two players shorter than 6-0 (with Calvin Murphy) to appear in more than 1,000 games.

As a coach, Johnson prefers to drop the first part of his nickname and simply be known as "The General." He served as an assistant coach for most of the 2004-05 season before Nelson, a three-time coach of the year with other teams, retired last March.

Nowitzki became a legitimate MVP contender by averaging 26.6 points and nine rebounds this season. He hit a career-best 48 percent from the field, including 40.6 percent from 3-point range.

However, the competition was stiff for MVP this season with five players producing legitimate credentials. Nowitzki is, however, expected to be first-team All-NBA for the second straight season.

In addition to Nowitzki, Jerry Stackhouse was a prime contender for the league's sixth-man award, but he, too, came up short.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2006, 11:19 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

MoFo's
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
MoFo's
in multiple ways....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:21 PM   #4
wescx

wescx will become famous soon enoughwescx will become famous soon enough

Saw it coming, too bad.

Now I just hope it's not Kobe;. My money is on LeBron.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:29 PM   #5
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I had Nash winning the award but now I have a strong feeling Lebron is going to take it. I can see Billups getting it as well. Thinking it through they're not going to give it to Nash back to back. The league usually never does that when giving out awards. I'd say its between Bron and Billups.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:58 PM   #6
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

sick..just sick if Lebron wins it.

That's all I can say.

He plays against the East on a nightly basis, where there is 0 competition.

The guy was not even brought up in the discussion until mid-march. Sounds like another by-product of the league trying to shove the next Jordan down our throat.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:00 AM   #7
wescx

wescx will become famous soon enoughwescx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I had Nash winning the award but now I have a strong feeling Lebron is going to take it. I can see Billups getting it as well. Thinking it through they're not going to give it to Nash back to back. The league usually never does that when giving out awards. I'd say its between Bron and Billups.
Nash is an interesting case.

Usually, a reigning MVP doesn't have a better season the next year but that's exactly what Nash did. I'v vote heard and seen many writers who say they areing for Nash.

It wouldn't surprise me if Nash won, but I think LeBrons late push will get him the trophy.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:05 AM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"He deserves the coach of the year, and I couldn't be happier for him. Not everybody gets a chance to step into a winning situation like this.

"It's a terrific honor for him and his whole staff. They helped make it happen."
This is quite a valid point. If ever a situation was served up on a platter, it is this one. Don't dismiss the "whole staff" quote from Nellie. I have considered several times this year creating a thread to extol the greatness that is Del Harris. This is a guy who coached several Hall-of-Famers. Flat-out, hands-down, the greatest assistant head coach in the league. A lot of guys come in and want their own guys from top to bottom. Johnson came in and took all of Nellie's guy--or at least the most important one: Harris. This award is as much Nellie's and Cuban's as it is Johnson's. Such a seamless transition requires credit to go all the way round.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:06 AM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and by the way, pretty ball-less of Sef to say Dirk won't win it but not to say who will.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:18 AM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Oh, and by the way, pretty ball-less of Sef to say Dirk won't win it but not to say who will.
you think he knows?
Old 04-25-2006, 12:36 AM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
you think he knows?
How does he know Dirk doesn't?
Old 04-25-2006, 12:40 AM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think he talked to enough of his buddies to realize that no one was voting Dirk, but maybe its too close on the others.

Anyway, rep to CD for the post before the last one. Very concise and correct
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:42 AM   #13
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is quite a valid point. If ever a situation was served up on a platter, it is this one. Don't dismiss the "whole staff" quote from Nellie. I have considered several times this year creating a thread to extol the greatness that is Del Harris. This is a guy who coached several Hall-of-Famers. Flat-out, hands-down, the greatest assistant head coach in the league. A lot of guys come in and want their own guys from top to bottom. Johnson came in and took all of Nellie's guy--or at least the most important one: Harris. This award is as much Nellie's and Cuban's as it is Johnson's. Such a seamless transition requires credit to go all the way round.
Word.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:54 AM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

I'm madder 'n a hornet about this. If it isn't Dirk, it's either Nash or LBJ. As much as I love Nash--and I don't think I have kept that any secret around these parts--and despite my lobbying for the game Canadian I have expected that the award would go to the big German. I do not believe it is going to Nash again, and I do believe it is going to LeBron James.

Why give it to James now, when Dirk had a better season and LeBron is probably a lock to win it at least six of the next ten years? If anyone doesn't think LBJ has several MVP's in him, I feel sorry for you.

All this does is annoint the future of the NBA at too young an age. They should have let LeBron mature a year, like a fine wine, and take over the league starting next season. When he starts averaging a triple-double, he will clearly stake his claim as the best player in the game, Kobe's theatrics aside.

But this year? This year it should have gone to Dirk. I can only hope that it goes to Nash, which would stave off the eight-in-ten that LeBron is destined to win for another day.

Last edited by chumdawg; 04-25-2006 at 12:55 AM.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:57 AM   #15
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree with what you're saying about Del. What I don't understand is why he gets credit now but he didnt' get the blame when we were "outcoached" in the playoffs last year?
Old 04-25-2006, 12:59 AM   #16
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I think this is the second consecutive year Dirk has been snubbed. But last year, I understood, because the two guys who finished ahead of him both had the top records in their conferences. But this year, it's just a joke. This year, the award has greatly declined in value as far as I'm concerned.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:03 AM   #17
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I agree with what you're saying about Del. What I don't understand is why he gets credit now but he didnt' get the blame when we were "outcoached" in the playoffs last year?
Oh, gimme a break, D2K. Are you suggesting that last year's playoffs didn't have AJ's fingerprints all over them?

AJ has matured greatly as a coach, even in the span of one calendar year. We saw it last night, when he left his time-outs in his pocket. Last year was a different story, and you and I both know that. Don't pretend that it was equal parts Del Harris last year calling those shots. Del Harris knows better.

AJ was tried by fire last year. And it is a testament to Del Harris that he allowed him to be so. It's why Del is still on the bench. The silver fox has some wits about him, that's for sure. If anyone is Machiavellian, trust me, it's Harris.

I'll just say what I used to say about the old #4: I'd rather have Del Harris and not need him than need Del Harris and not have him.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:12 AM   #18
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Oh, gimme a break, D2K. Are you suggesting that last year's playoffs didn't have AJ's fingerprints all over them?
I'm saying that half the posters here acted like there were levers AJ could have pulled to get Dirk going. If those levers existed, Dell (or even Nellie) would have pointed them out.

We went seven games with a team that was just as good as us in the second half of the season and Avery got outcoached...that's bulls*it!

Quote:
Don't pretend that it was equal parts Del Harris last year calling those shots. Del Harris knows better.
Odds are Del's contribution hasn't changed this season so he should get the same percentage of the blame for last year as he gets credit for this year.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:28 AM   #19
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
We went seven games with a team that was just as good as us in the second half of the season and Avery got outcoached...that's bulls*it!
Are you talking about Houston? I thought it was by now a well-established maxim that Van Dundy got the better of that series. (Really, why would we expect otherwise?) I was talking abou the Suns series, which ended in a clusterfuck of never-before-seen NBA proportions, when a home team managed to waste at least seconds of clock time with NO ONE on the court, including the head coach, knowing what to do as the game expired.

That's what I'm talking about.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:38 AM   #20
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Why is it well established that Van Gundy got the better of Avery? Like I said the teams were as even as two teams could be. Go back and check Houston's record in the second half of the season. Van Gundy also had the best player in the series. Far as I'm concerned it's not well established.

As I recall, Avery was trying to get a timeout at the end of regulation in game six but Josh just threw the ball in.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:39 AM   #21
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

This isn't the end of Dirk's chances. Last year the "early returns" said Shaq would win the award. It seems very unlikely that Dirk will win it, but I don't think Sefko and his "source" know for sure.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:44 AM   #22
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Let's just all hope that Sefko misquoted himself again.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:53 AM   #23
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Chumdawg, I'm not sure how you can minimize AJ accomplishments here and sing Nash's praises so highly at the same time. In the last two seasons, we lose the league MVP--collosal mistake as you say--and get a new coach. We go from 52 wins, to 58, to 60, tying the franchise record. How is it that the new coach has nothing to do with that improvement when we've lost such a great player? Is Dampier the difference maker?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:56 AM   #24
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Stranger, don't waste your time arguing with someone who minimizes the Coach of the Year, but would have no problem ****ing his pants over his vote for MVP, whom would have won MVP the same year that Avery won COY.... no parallel is left unseen by Chumdawg *rolls eyes*
Old 04-25-2006, 02:40 AM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Chumdawg, I'm not sure how you can minimize AJ accomplishments here and sing Nash's praises so highly at the same time. In the last two seasons, we lose the league MVP--collosal mistake as you say--and get a new coach. We go from 52 wins, to 58, to 60, tying the franchise record. How is it that the new coach has nothing to do with that improvement when we've lost such a great player? Is Dampier the difference maker?
Don't get me started on Dampier. Please, don't get me started on that lazy ass that is Dampier. Let's just all bow down and pray to mecca that he provides the same effort in Game Two.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:41 AM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
It's all about Dirk and Don Nelson, brother man. Give credit where credit is due.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:48 AM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Why is it well established that Van Gundy got the better of Avery? Like I said the teams were as even as two teams could be. Go back and check Houston's record in the second half of the season. Van Gundy also had the best player in the series. Far as I'm concerned it's not well established.

As I recall, Avery was trying to get a timeout at the end of regulation in game six but Josh just threw the ball in.
Boy, isn't that the truth. And I understand that the rules have been changed for next year, and starting next year a coach will be able to call timeouts.

That might have saved us in that series, and I don't think it's too far a stretch to say that it might have cost us a championship, as I think that we could have handled the Spurs in a conference finals match.

But, then again, not only was Johnson signaling for a timeout (actually, I'm not sure that he was), but Terry sure as hell was (I saw that with my own eyes), while Stackhouse took it up the court on his own. Recognize that we are still not removed from that scenario, more than one game from the last time we were ousted.

It's going to be a fun, fun postseason....
Old 04-25-2006, 03:45 AM   #28
Jerry Stackhouse

Jerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to all

Hate to say "I told you so." I think Kobe will probably win it IMO. FWIW.
Jerry Stackhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:49 AM   #29
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, yeah Jerry. We all know how YOU voted.

EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:00 AM   #30
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Don't get me started on Dampier. Please, don't get me started on that lazy ass that is Dampier. Let's just all bow down and pray to mecca that he provides the same effort in Game Two.
I don't wanna sidetrack this thread anymore than it already has been, but I still don't buy that shit. Many, many players in this league are inconsistent. But as far as I know, none of them have this reputation for not trying because of it.

Dampier was supposedly this collossal disappointment last year because he didn't put up the same numbers he did in his contract year. Nevermind that his numbers last year were actually better than his career numbers, or that his stats were inflated his last year in Golden State because they fewer scoring options and fed him the ball constantly. Nevermind that he's one of the best offensive rebounders in the NBA. Nevermind that he hustles his ass off for every rebound, and every loose ball. If any other player in the NBA has a bad night, it's because they're not that talented, or they are inconsistent. But when Erick Dampier has a bad night, he's not trying.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:55 AM   #31
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Stackhouse
Hate to say "I told you so." I think Kobe will probably win it IMO. FWIW.
HA! About time someone took the moniker of our favorite decoy of an outside shooter.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:05 AM   #32
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s
sick..just sick if Lebron wins it.

That's all I can say.

He plays against the East on a nightly basis, where there is 0 competition.

The guy was not even brought up in the discussion until mid-march. Sounds like another by-product of the league trying to shove the next Jordan down our throat.
That is what it looks like to me. If so I am officially a lebron-hata'.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:18 AM   #33
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

If this is true and Dirk gets anything like under the 2nd place this years MVP race will be a joke in my opinion (and I thin even 2nd place would be highly unfair)
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:03 AM   #34
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

F'em.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:42 AM   #35
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Only if Dirk had a big shoe contract,

Last edited by sixeightmkw; 04-25-2006 at 08:43 AM.
sixeightmkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:45 AM   #36
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

That's to bad Dirk certainly had a season that merited the MVP.
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:22 AM   #37
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

No matter what happens, I think they've devalued the MVP award.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:27 AM   #38
Stranger
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
No matter what happens, I think they've devalued the MVP award.
Yeah, unfortunately I agree. Although the process probably started when they gave it to Iverson over Shaq in 2001.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:34 AM   #39
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
F'em.
Indeed.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:38 AM   #40
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

If Nash wins this, then I will never put any stock into the MVP award again. It will be a joke to me.

Tags
dirk