Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The 5 year anniversary of 9/11 Thread

May you all remember the day in your own way, but God bless the families, friends and countrymen of those who tragically lost their lives five years ago.

I still have tons of emotions about that day.

Let us never forget.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2006, 10:40 PM   #2
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

God bless... rest assured the world has your sympathy. And we will never forget!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:40 PM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I can still remember every detail of every single thing I did that day. Very sad. very emotional day. My father was on a plane up northeast that morning, had a little panic there for a while, but it was fine luckily

Say a prayer (if you're so inclined) that we get through this day without any anniversary attacks.

Have you guys heard the story about how Seth McFarlane (Family Guy) was supposed to be on one of those planes that morning, but didnt make it because he was hungover? Another version is, his travel agent got the times mixed up. True story though.....

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-10-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

It's hard to believe that it's already the 5 year anniversary. We will never forget.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:18 AM   #5
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
May you all remember the day in your own way, but God bless the families, friends and countrymen of those who tragically lost their lives five years ago.
Ditto. God Bless the USA...
Old 09-11-2006, 07:33 AM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio

I still have tons of emotions about that day.

Let us never forget.
Exactly.

May God Bless the US, and may we come back to him.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:52 AM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i think it sucks that the news is airing what happened in real time.....
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Five years... that's so hard to believe. 5 years. I had intended to contribute more to society by now - sort of in honor of the ones who died on that day, and in honor of those who give their lives in service to our country.

I woke up around 3:30AM, and couldn't get back to sleep, so I turned on the news and watch a few hours of memorials. I'm grateful I had that time. It's so strange to be at work, and feel so much emotion, while "pretending" I feel fine. No one here is acting like anything significant happened 5 yrs ago today. Not a word of remembrance, but I guess that's just a testament of how safe and secure they feel (?).

I feel like I should have taken the day off to do something more significant today. Somehow, I should've remembered them better today. I remember that day quite often, and the reality is not far from my thoughts on most days... yet I don't think I do enough day-to-day to show that "what happened" counted in my life.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:54 AM   #9
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

That is one of the few events that happen in your life that you remember exactly where you where and what you were doning at the time. I lived in New York until September 2nd of 2001 and was hit very hard when that happened as I think all of us were. I still have my ticket from August 27th for the "Top of the World" observation deck. The weird thing is I still think about 9/11 alot, about all the people who lost their lives that day and how our instant feeling of being a invinceble country all seemed to vanish on that morning. While many people and familys lost lives I beilive with all my heart that all of us lost our way of life and our false since of security. For the generation before us there was Pearl Harbor and I hope this is the only act like this we have to endure. Five years later and the thought of that day still gives me grief and a desprate feeling. We can never change the past but in 2012 the new Freedom Tower will stand in the WTC place and show that you might be able to sucker punch america but our resolve and our belief in our way of life will never be stopped. So let this day remind you of the pride you felt in your fellow americans that day and always remember the World Trade Centers and 9/11
Old 09-12-2006, 01:04 AM   #10
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

such a fast 5 years...

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:05 AM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

side note:
has anyone seen "loose change 2nd edition"?

if yes, what did you think of it?

Contact Me
Old 09-12-2006, 09:07 AM   #12
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
side note:
has anyone seen "loose change 2nd edition"?

if yes, what did you think of it?
D'you mean "Screw Loose Change - 2nd Edition" ?

youtube.com
Old 09-12-2006, 09:10 AM   #13
alby
Guru

i havent seen this, thanks

Contact Me
Old 09-12-2006, 09:14 AM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

very few things choke me up more than seeing the images and hearing the stories of those heros who gave their lives so that others might live.

May America's people turn their hearts to God, and may God bless America!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote