Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold
Default NBA League Pass (ridiculous prices)

What's up with the NBA.
Do they want to lose their fans?
First the lockout and now these ridiculous prices for the league pass.

Last Season i paid around $22 per month for ILP during regular season and $79 for the complete play-offs.
Now they want $44 per month all the way!

I really enjoyed the league pass the last two years.
But i won't pay $44 a month.

Last edited by Lestat_1795; 01-10-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Really? I see $99 for returning customers.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

these are the prices I get

LEAGUE PASS
Follow All 30 NBA Teams and Watch Every
Regular Season, Playoffs, and Finals Game.**

€169.12* ($219.99)
PER SEASON

€33.82* ($44.00)
5 MONTHLY PAYMENTS

TEAM PASS
Follow Your Favorite Team throughout the Regular Season
and Watch Every Playoffs and Finals Game.
€130.68* ($169.99)
PER SEASON
Old 01-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I'm sorry. I am looking at the Team Pass. But it's still $99 over here.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

John Hollinger (I know people don't like him around here) went off on the downfalls of league pass the other day.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #6
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat_1795 View Post
these are the prices I get

LEAGUE PASS
Follow All 30 NBA Teams and Watch Every
Regular Season, Playoffs, and Finals Game.**

€169.12* ($219.99)
PER SEASON

€33.82* ($44.00)
5 MONTHLY PAYMENTS

TEAM PASS
Follow Your Favorite Team throughout the Regular Season
and Watch Every Playoffs and Finals Game.
€130.68* ($169.99)
PER SEASON
Yep it´s totally ridicolous.

That´s basicly 30 Euros a month. They must have total idiots handling that stuff, who
don´t know the german tv market at all. I don´t think very many people will get it from here. They probably thought because of Dirk´s success they could raise the price. But people aren´t even paying this kind of money for full pay tv like Sky with lots of channels and soccer (which is still alot more popular).
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #7
-D-S-B-

-D-S-B- is on a distinguished road

Does it get cheaper as the season goes on?
-D-S-B- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
ibivibiv

ibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really nice

AND... don't forget that if you get the broadband because you don't have cable and think you'll get to watch your home team... NOPE blacked out. Total FAIL. I can't believe they sell anyone on buying their offering. They need to just make it wide open at a decent price. You can't even watch an online REPLAY of a home game. EPIC FAIL.
ibivibiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm paying $27 a month for 4 months for League Pass Broadband. (5 teams only)

I wish I lived in the DFW market to have every game on TV with Mark and Ron.

I take full advantage of it when I'm up there though.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:35 AM   #10
JS Maverick

JS Maverick is on a distinguished road

its crazy, but thats the way of the world. I can't stream the radio coverage here in Australia obviously because most of the games NBA has exclusive rights to which sucks from the fans point of view. Are they not making enough money everywhere else.
JS Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #11
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I'm paying $27 a month for 4 months for League Pass Broadband. (5 teams only)

I wish I lived in the DFW market to have every game on TV with Mark and Ron.

I take full advantage of it when I'm up there though.

I have the same deal, I paid it all up front and it was only $99.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
4DN1
Banned

4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts

I've had it for free all this season. They never shut it off from last season, i can only hope this keeps up.
4DN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #13
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

This is why I watch it on the internet. It's not the best quality but I don't have to pay some insane price for the League Pass. I've considered getting it multiple times but the prices along with the very bad reports about service are a total turn off.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
4DN1
Banned

4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
This is why I watch it on the internet. It's not the best quality but I don't have to pay some insane price for the League Pass. I've considered getting it multiple times but the prices along with the very bad reports about service are a total turn off.
I guess it depends on what company you go through but I went through Time Warner and it had 1 HD channel the rest of the channels were terrible quality. And of course the Mavs were very rarely on the HD channel if at all. But the good news is if you buy it for one season you usually get a free season by mistake, as i said it happened to me and it happened to a couple friends.
4DN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #15
jwmann2

jwmann2 is on a distinguished road

I could never see myself paying that for the NBA. You must love the game because their ratings have been falling for years. The NHL, on the other hand, has been on the up swing and I would consider their league pass. I live in my favorite MLB and NFL team's market.
jwmann2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #16
ray_sir_6

ray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the rough

I bought it last Friday....just to find out that I can't watch any Mavs' games because they are all shown locally (on cable) and thus are blacklisted. I had it for 2hrs and then contacted them about getting a refund...still no response from them.
ray_sir_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #17
Lestat_1795

And now they are getting totally crazy.
€36 per month (that's $46)
Old 10-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
I bought it last Friday....just to find out that I can't watch any Mavs' games because they are all shown locally (on cable) and thus are blacklisted. I had it for 2hrs and then contacted them about getting a refund...still no response from them.
Okay...some league pass questions. I have recently cut the cable cord and am using roku, ota hd for viewing. So I don't get fssw anymore which has the majority of games onto. I'm hoping someone can help with some answers.

1. Is the above true, that even if I get league pass all ho e games will be blacked out? This "may" be okay as I go to the home games but I used to like to record them as we'll.

2. The "archive" is only for the five teams you select or all. ( assuming I am on the 5 team plan).

3. Will the archive have the blacked out games available?

4. How soon after the game are they available on the archive? If blacked out games are available then I may be okay with the blacked out home games.

Thanks..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-25-2012 at 06:46 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #19
dmakk

dmakk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Okay...some league pass questions. I have recently cut the cable cord and am using roku, ota hd for viewing. So I don't get fssw anymore which has the majority of games onto. I'm hoping someone can help with some answers.

1. Is the above true, that even if I get league pass all ho e games will be blacked out? This "may" be okay as I go to the home games but I used to like to record them as we'll.

2. The "archive" is only for the five teams you select or all. ( assuming I am on the 5 team plan).

3. Will the archive have the blacked out games available?

4. How soon after the game are they available on the archive? If blacked out games are available then I may be okay with the blacked out home games.

Thanks..
I'm a cord cutter who had full League Pass a couple of years ago, and assuming nothing's changed:

1. Yes, if you're in a local market, the games will be blacked out. So will every nationally televised game on TNT, ESPN, ABC, and NBA TV, although I've used ESPN3 (if you have access, I have ATT UVerse) and TNT Overtime (which sucks IMO) in the past.

2. I didn't have the 5 team plan, but I assume that's true as well, since it'd reduce the value of the full plan.

3. Nope, including nationally televised games.

4. IIRC, they were available for replay immediately that night, and were archived the next day.
dmakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:42 AM   #20
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot dmakk. I'll probably still do it to get the away games, but it does stink that cable is now "broadcast". Sports has been driving up the cost of cable for everyone.

I'm been using playon to stream all content from my box and youtube. veehd also has some easily accessible stuff. If I could get veetle to work on roku tht would be great.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-26-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #21
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Thanks a lot dmakk. I'll probably still do it to get the away games, but it does stink that cable is now "broadcast". Sports has been driving up the cost of cable for everyone.

I'm been using playon to stream all content from my box and youtube. veehd also has some easily accessible stuff. If I could get veetle to work on roku tht would be great.
Every Mavs game is blacked out. Home or away doesn't make a difference.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #22
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Every Mavs game is blacked out. Home or away doesn't make a difference.
Well that absolutely stinks... Guess I'm definitely not interested. Thanks for the info folks.