Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #121
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by odb 7777 View Post
Like i said all season long: Dirk isn`t Dirk anymore. He is out of his prime and declining. It sucks but you just can´t beat fathertime. His turnovers at the end were brutal and lost us the game.
Dickhead.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #122
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Dirk was hacked all game. Freaking hilarious. Dallas shoots more free throws and people still use the cowardly BS ref excuse. Quit being fooled by Dirks reaction to every no call. He's as bad as Perkins with his whining. Dirks not being hacked. Refs had nothing to do with the outcome. Dirk shot 10 foul shots. Pretty generous for a guy who basically shoots nothing but fadeaways. KD was grabbed and such too by Marion. BFD.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #123
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
Dirk was hacked all game. Freaking hilarious. Dallas shoots more free throws and people still use the cowardly BS ref excuse. Quit being fooled by Dirks reaction to every no call. He's as bad as Perkins with his whining. Dirks not being hacked. Refs had nothing to do with the outcome. Dirk shot 10 foul shots. Pretty generous for a guy who basically shoots nothing but fadeaways. KD was grabbed and such too by Marion. BFD.
I really can't wait till Game 2. Words can't describe how sick I am of the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #124
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Ibaka threw an elbow to Dirk's head and the foul was on Dirk. lol.

0:12 Dirk Nowitzki offensive foul (Serge Ibaka draws the foul) 51-45

Too bad i can't watch it again. I'd love to see a picture of this scene.

Last edited by markus1234; 04-29-2012 at 04:39 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #125
ech1997

ech1997 is on a distinguished road

I've gotta say, I thought the Mavs would go down in five, but if they play with that kind of intensity (especially on the road), this series could get VERY...VERY interesting!
ech1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #126
redzwestisbest

redzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really nice

Delonte can play better. He needs to be alot more aggressive and ALOT less tentative. He still is reluctant to go to the hole where contact happens. I mean I don't blame him due to his injury and injury history, but this is the playoffs and he is by far most effective when he can be aggressive to the hole. It opens up everything else for him! Also, it will get some space to get the ball to dirk.

The Refs were uneven and definitely helped in the outcome of the game. However, in crunch time they hit some shots. Westbrook hit his open jumpers for the most part against whoever defended him. Durant, well he was off, but still hit the game winner. Its tough because Marion played him well and Durant just hit it to win it.

Jet shot well but we didn't feed him enough. Instead we still tried to force feed Dirk the ball when that wasn't there sometimes. Use Dirk as a decoy a little? Well its hard when Marion and Kidd are deficient in alot of areas offensively these days and Haywood well is Haywood. We don't have enough players to make Dirk a decoy out there. Vince and Delonte are the best shots but Vince is overaggressive and Delonte is underaggresive due to his injuries.

Last edited by redzwestisbest; 04-29-2012 at 05:43 PM.
redzwestisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #127
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Ibaka threw an elbow to Dirk's head and the foul was on Dirk. lol.

0:12 Dirk Nowitzki offensive foul (Serge Ibaka draws the foul) 51-45

Too bad i can't watch it again. I'd love to see a picture of this scene.
Well lets just go through the whole game motion by motion and find every questionable call or no call. I assure you they won't all be in OKC's favor. The game was decided by the players, not the refs.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #128
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post

because other teams step up on D late in the 4th. MAVS can't do that anymore. You do not win many 4th qtr possessions with Dirk/Mihnimi protecting the rim...

Crunch time is also about getting rebounds, setting screens....and this is where we miss Tyson
Great point on why Mavs have rarely pulled out the close ones this year.

If mavs win Game 2 tomorrow, theres a good chance they pull out the series. If they lose, season is over. (Stating the obvious, I know)
Old 04-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #129
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone who's coming down hard on Dirk, I guarantee you that guy has a phenomenal season next year. He'll have time to prepare, get into his rhythm in the offseason workouts etc, find a little youth fountain with Deron Williams coming in. Sure he hasnt played well, but he was never ready for this season to start. Its a stupid excuse, but dude is old by NBA standards.

This season has taken a toll on everyone in the NBA, mainly the old folks. Probably took a year off their careers.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #130
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Everyone who's coming down hard on Dirk, I guarantee you that guy has a phenomenal season next year. He'll have time to prepare, get into his rhythm in the offseason workouts etc, find a little youth fountain with Deron Williams coming in. Sure he hasnt played well, but he was never ready for this season to start. Its a stupid excuse, but dude is old by NBA standards.

This season has taken a toll on everyone in the NBA, mainly the old folks. Probably took a year off their careers.
I rarely have anything negative to say about Dirk, but his defense and rebounding all season leave a lot to be desired.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #131
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Dirk's defense and rebounding won't improve anymore. It is what it is. That's why we need a really good C who can rebound like crazy and protect the rim.

I mean just look at Bynum.... triple double with 10 blocks. vs DEN A guy like Gortat would be more than enough for us...

Scoring wise Dirk had a pretty good season since january. There is really nothing to complain about. He shot 46-40-90 with 23.5ppg or something like that. Overall that's very efficient. Still a top 5 scorer in this league (IMO)

Last edited by markus1234; 04-29-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #132
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
I rarely have anything negative to say about Dirk, but his defense and rebounding all season leave a lot to be desired.
No doubt and most of the complaints of his play this season are warranted. I just have a feeling the Mavs will be much better next season given the rest and add'l scorers. But as of right now, it is what it is.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #133
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

OKC played an excellent swarming, gambling defense in Game 1. I'm guessing that Rick will figure out how to attack it in Game 2. I believe that if the Mavs can break it down in the next game then the energy and desire will begin to fade for OKC. The Mavs showed that they can play with the youngsters they just need to dampen their spirit a bit. Another way would be to get Serge in some early foul trouble because I really think he is the X-factor in this series. Matrix does a very good job on KD and I think Westbrook is due for a bad game or two. If you make Ibaka mortal again then the others will begin to feel the pressure.

Rick has two things to figure out: Slow down the Thunder defense (this will reduce the number of costly turnovers); and bring Ibaka back down to earth. I think both are doable and still believe the Mavs win the series and will not be that surprised to see them win four straight.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #134
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't come on a Dallas Mavs board and lecture us, punk.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #135
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Quote:
When Hubie Brown says someone has been hacked I usually take his word for it. Just saying. Guy knows the game.

Everyone coming down on Dirk forgot really quick that he once again took over in the 4th and scored 7 straight points late to put us in position. If Kidd hits that wide open 3 to go up 10 we aren't talking about a loss. A lot of overreaction going around here for a basketball game that truly came down to the flip of a coin. It was a great game, don't take away from it by the weird bashing of Dirk and over criticizing of every little thing.

Last edited by Dale4Saul2Red0; 04-29-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #136
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well lets just go through the whole game motion by motion and find every questionable call or no call. I assure you they won't all be in OKC's favor. The game was decided by the players, not the refs.
Or lets take the flagrantly incorrect calls and tally their exact impact. We'll start with the one listed - 5 point swing. Your turn.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #137
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think this is true for the most part... the players did decide the game in the end. That said, Don't be silly and try to say Dirk didn't get fouled a lot more than was called. They were bumping him all over and the elbow towards Dirks head was called incorrectly. If there was an edge in calls game 1 went to OKC's favor.

Still, We had our chance but our star player didn't do what he does possibly better than anyone in the game; finish. The positive is that it took a great bounce on a tough shot from Durant to barely edge us by 1 in OKC. The negative is we had the game under control for the most part. If Dirk takes care of the ball and milks the clock and just gets an average look each time we probably win. Instead, he turns the ball over 2 times in the last 1:30. One led to a Durant dunk, then he gives Ibaka an And1 dunk. Then on the last possession he leaves 9 seconds on the clock. He has left a lot to be desired as far as finishing the games lately. The throw-aways that cost us in back to back games a cpl weeks back, and now this. He needs to get the killer instinct back, and I think he will.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #138
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
pretty much agree with everything you said, except dirk was getting the shit hacked out of him early. from the very first drive to the basket.

maybe durant was getting hit too, funny how you dont see your team hacking the other guys.

go back and watch dirks first 3 drives to the basket.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #139
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Who's got the next GDT?

I'm stepping up if we don't have one by 10:00 a.m. EST

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 AM   #140
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Who's got the next GDT?

I'm stepping up if we don't have one by 10:00 a.m. EST
Go for it.
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #141
Ed99

Ed99 has a spectacular aura aboutEd99 has a spectacular aura about

I honestly dont understand coach RC.
Instead of giving Jet the ball in the 4th he isolated VC.

Can anyone explain??
The first 2 option must be Dirk and Terry.

Last edited by Ed99; 04-30-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Ed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:15 AM   #142
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

thunderfan again? good to see you! i guess you're pretty confident about this year, huh? otherwise you wouldn't be here...
Old 04-30-2012, 02:02 AM   #143
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Early on I felt like Dirk was determined to get to the rim, and he did but was hacked numerous times without a call. He pretty much got hit all game. I seriously hate playing OKC because our players get beat up all game, while they get cheap calls. However, this is a game we should've won. Up 7 with 2:00+ minutes we should've closed them out. And I'm pretty sure a Game 1 win would rattle that team. However, I do expect us to bounce back. But to win this series, we must be the aggressors. It should be us taking it to them on every play. I want us to go out there and remind these kids, that they are still our little brothers. We are the champs, and we're not ready to pass the torch yet. Get em in Game 2, Mavs.
That goes for every team that plays OKC not just the Mavs, if Harden and Ibaka are gonna be getting superstar calls along with Durant and Westbrook the Mavs have no chance.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:12 AM   #144
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

if we want win game 2 we have to stop Harden and Ibaka.Everyone knows that Durant and Westbrook will score about 50 points per game.It's normal.But if we stop Harden Ibaka...We will win easily

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #145
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Can anybody tell me why Roddy didn't get any playing time?is he injured or something?
he filled the stat sheets pretty good in the last couple of games.
I thought West was pretty bad,on the offensive and defensive end,you could see he's hurting.
Roddy would have been great defending Westbrook and Harden and making them work on the defensive end.
+ i would LOVE to see Fisher trying to guard him.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #146
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

on a different note,Durant is a chump,who couldn't create to save his life.
He's a very good all star,not a superstar,and honestly i would much rather have Westbrook,though he has his faults as well (a PG that hardly passes),but at least he can create.
A franchise player needs to create plays,he needs to get in the lane and make stuff happen,not just shoot over peoples heads.
He got no game,no versatility.
That's why OKC is last in the league in assists.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:52 AM   #147
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Don't expect to see Roddy when the game is close thorughout. Maybe they'll try him if the game gets out of hand and they need a spark.

Agree that Delonte gotta show much more, but if he doesn't I'm still not sure Rick will sit him in favor of the Frenchman.

Last edited by j0Shi; 04-30-2012 at 05:53 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #148
Justafix

Justafix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
By EDDIE SEFKO and BRAD TOWNSEND
Staff Writers

Roddy Beaubois, probably the fastest Maverick, never saw the court in Game 1.

"You always want to go in, so it's always surprising when you don't play," he said. "But it's the way it is. I just need to keep myself ready."

Asked if his speed could impact this series, Beaubois said: "I have to be ready for anything. Even though I didn't play last night, you never know what can happen."
Sounds like
Barring Injury/ Very large Margins, ......
GO WEST!
Life is peaceful there.

Oh, and be ready.
Justafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #149
thunderfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatLA View Post
thunderfan again? good to see you! i guess you're pretty confident about this year, huh? otherwise you wouldn't be here...
Has nothing to do with confidence. I was on here last year and didn't have much confidence in OKC beating Dallas. Just like to read other boards sometimes.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #150
thunderfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitzki_prophecy View Post
He's a very good all star,not a superstar,and honestly i would much rather have Westbrook,though he has his faults as well (a PG that hardly passes),but at least he can create.
A franchise player needs to create plays,he needs to get in the lane and make stuff happen,not just shoot over peoples heads.
Brilliant assessment. 3 time scoring champ and he's a chump with no game. Whatever job you have right now, you need to quit and become an analyst for TNT. You can sit right next to Charles.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #151
Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these parts

It's going to be a brawl! Both teams are going to be beaten and bloodied up after it's all said and done.
Midnight Toker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #152
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Brilliant assessment. 3 time scoring champ and he's a chump with no game. Whatever job you have right now, you need to quit and become an analyst for TNT. You can sit right next to Charles.
Typical,who cares about being a scoring champ?it's about demending the attention from the defense and getting your teammates open.
There's a ton of players that got points on the board but would never win a championship becuase of that small fact.
Kobe had his most prolific season by far in 2005 when had 35.4! PPG.
The lakers lost in the first round.
What about cancer Iverson?how does he rate in your book?
points mean absolutely zip,it's about making the people around you better.
You think Dirk couldn't take more shots and make much more points?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #153
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Outside of being able to score from virtually anywhere on the floor (he posts up, shoots threes, and has a great mid-range game), rebound, block shots, and routinely draw three defenders every time he gets into the paint which opens things up for his teammates, I completely agree with you... he has no game whatsoever. What a scrub.

OKC is last in the league in assists because they have a score-first PG. You know, the guy who runs the offense?

Lastly, more this:

ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #154
thunderfan

Quote:
Typical,who cares about being a scoring champ?it's about demending the attention from the defense and getting your teammates open.
There's a ton of players that got points on the board but would never win a championship becuase of that small fact.
Kobe had his most prolific season by far in 2005 when had 35.4! PPG.
The lakers lost in the first round.
What about cancer Iverson?how does he rate in your book?
points mean absolutely zip,it's about making the people around you better.
You think Dirk couldn't take more shots and make much more points?
I agree that a team with a high scorer is not necessarily destined to do very well and that many players could score more points if that was their primary goal. However, I don't agree with your assessment that Durant is a "chump" with "no game, no versatility"
Old 04-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #155
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Carlisle just doesn't work well with Beaubois. I always see tension between those 2. I don't think it has anything with Beaubois ability to impact the game but the relationship just isn't that good between those 2. Beaubois maybe has a tendency to talk back and Carlisle thinks of him as a another young player. That's how I see it.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 04-30-2012 at 01:44 PM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #156
Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these parts

You wish Durant was a chump.
Midnight Toker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #157
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

This board needs to suspend new account (read: troll account) creation for the duration of the playoffs...
Old 04-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #158
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

I think Beaubois needs to go to another team to find his potential. A team with a more player friendly coach that allows Beaubois to play through his mistakes and isn't so hard on young players. Btw I also wasn't happy with Wright not getting many minutes.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 04-30-2012 at 01:42 PM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #159
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
I think Beaubois needs to go to another team to find his potential. A team with a more player friendly coach that allows Beaubois to play through his mistakes and isn't so hard on young players. Btw I also wasn't happy with Wright not getting many minutes.
Mavs have zero margin for errors and Roddy produces plenty. That's not saying the Mavs are worse with him (they are not), but knowing this mindset it's not hard to evaluate reasons for his inexistent playing time. "A more player friendly coach" is certainly not among them.

Still would like to see the Terry/Roddy/Carter lineup, which has been such an upgrade over the same combinations with West that it's not even funny. But don't assume it'll happen other than Delonte screwing it up mightily or going down with an injury.

Last edited by j0Shi; 04-30-2012 at 02:59 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #160
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
I think Beaubois needs to go to another team to find his potential....
Yes, he should do it like Josh "Pippen" Howard and Devin "Iverson" Harrris...and find his potential.

But plz do not wonder if he ends up playing in Spain or China...

Roddy is 24yo already and his athleticism (his only strenght) won't improve anymore.

Last edited by markus1234; 04-30-2012 at 03:13 PM.