Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #161
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Attention office kissup:

Yes we just moved to a swank new building. Yes most of the people in the elevator with me every morning are wearing suits. Yes I feel a bit out of place in my jeans and polo shirt.

But you know what? That's still our dress code. They haven't changed it, and here's hoping they don't.

If you want to bring your game up a little, fine. Business casual is cool. But a tie?!?!? An effing tie????

Our freaking CEO doesn't wear a tie!

You sir, need to wipe the brown off your nose, immediately.

p.s. I realize a lot of you will read this and wonder what the big deal is. But seriously, neither our CEO nor any of our VP's are EVER in anything more than slacks and golf shirts for non special occasions. In our old building we wore shorts and flip flops (well some of us "young people" wore flip flops) on fridays, and jeans and tshirts quite a bit.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 02-25-2008 at 07:13 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #162
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I know I'm just supposed to be happy that "nobody got hurt", and to a certain extent, I am - BUT....

Son of a beotch!!!

Some dumbarse that was drinking and driving last night smashed into my bro's car that was parked in front of my house...right outside my bedroom!

He took out the car and the brick mail box - the latter of which is now scattered across my lawn.

I hope you had a good effing time being an irresponsible a-hole and you're damn lucky you ended up with just a broken nose and a trip to jail.

You're damn lucky someone wasn't standing in the front yard when this happened..or even walking by. You're damn lucky the car was facing the right way and most of the trunk absorbed the impact. You're damn lucky to be alive. You're damn lucky that the only thing you destroyed was someone else's property.

Other people are also damn lucky that nobody was injured.

I hope your ignorant effing arse doesn't do this again.

I hope you lose your license.

I also hope you don't breed and produce more ignorant effing arses.

F you very much.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 03-08-2008 at 07:41 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:33 AM   #163
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate cheap sonsofb*tches who undercut you when you jump in the air, and I also hate that many bars float 3.25-4.00 prices for pints of beer these days. Bastards...
Old 03-09-2008, 03:39 AM   #164
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

WHY MUST YOU BE SO DELICIOUS, SALT!?!?

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 03-09-2008 at 03:44 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #165
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I hate expired inspection stickers.

Well, mainly my expired inspection sticker that has now dinged me for $204. =(

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #166
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Attention office kissup:

Yes we just moved to a swank new building. Yes most of the people in the elevator with me every morning are wearing suits. Yes I feel a bit out of place in my jeans and polo shirt.

But you know what? That's still our dress code. They haven't changed it, and here's hoping they don't.

If you want to bring your game up a little, fine. Business casual is cool. But a tie?!?!? An effing tie????

p.s. I realize a lot of you will read this and wonder what the big deal is. But seriously, neither our CEO nor any of our VP's are EVER in anything more than slacks and golf shirts for non special occasions. In our old building we wore shorts and flip flops (well some of us "young people" wore flip flops) on fridays, and jeans and tshirts quite a bit.
boo! If you are going to enforce a uniform, go all out and dress up. I hated it when my company went from business to business casual Fridays to business casual every day. I quit and moved on. If I'm gonna devote my life to corporate america, I wanna get to wear a freakin tie out of the deal. Man, if a bunch o' slackers tried to pressure me into wearing flip flops, I'da drove my car through their mailbox!
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #167
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
boo! If you are going to enforce a uniform, go all out and dress up. I hated it when my company went from business to business casual Fridays to business casual every day. I quit and moved on. If I'm gonna devote my life to corporate america, I wanna get to wear a freakin tie out of the deal. Man, if a bunch o' slackers tried to pressure me into wearing flip flops, I'da drove my car through their mailbox!
Ha. I also enjoy wearing nice clothes/looking professional. It kinda bums me out when people quit taking pride in their appearance. I still polish my shoes every now and then. I make sure they still look shiny.

You know, it all starts at the top. If the people at the top don't dress up, or enforce anything..everybody down the chain gets wind of it. Suddenly people are wearing some crazy clothes!

Some women at my work wear jeans, it kinda bugs me. But i guess since they are the admins. they aren't getting paid very much, so maybe nobody cares.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #168
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
Ha. I also enjoy wearing nice clothes/looking professional. It kinda bums me out when people quit taking pride in their appearance. I still polish my shoes every now and then. I make sure they still look shiny.

You know, it all starts at the top. If the people at the top don't dress up, or enforce anything..everybody down the chain gets wind of it. Suddenly people are wearing some crazy clothes!

Some women at my work wear jeans, it kinda bugs me. But i guess since they are the admins. they aren't getting paid very much, so maybe nobody cares.
Why on earth do people have to dress up to do good business?

I wear the same clothes to work that I wear just about everywhere else, including church, and that's jeans and a shirt with a collar.

If you're not interfacing with customers (or people outside of your office, general public, etc.), there is zero reason to wear anything out of the ordinary. If you enjoy dressing up, that's your business. But it has nothing to do with work ethic or anything else.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 03-10-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #169
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

men who shine their shoes are either from the 1920s or gay

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #170
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why on earth do people have to dress up to do good business?

I wear the same clothes to work that I wear just about everywhere else, including church, and that's jeans and a shirt with a collar.
you dirty hippie. Just because God will accept you the way you are doesn't mean your cube mate has to. If you wanna go roll around in the mud with your woodstock friends, smoke your funny-weed, and flip-flop your way to a cubicle-nap, do it on your own time. Ties are for grownups, and your dreads really harsh my work-buzz.

Quote:
If you enjoy dressing up, that's your business. But it has nothing to do with work ethic or anything else.
ah, if only that were the case. These days, if you wear a tie to work, some video-game playing slacker is likely to call you a brown-noser and go ranting behind your back!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #171
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
ah, if only that were the case. These days, if you wear a tie to work, some video-game playing slacker is likely to call you a brown-noser and go ranting behind your back!
Hey, I said it was his business. Doesn't mean I can't mock him.

BTW, I have no idea how to take your posts. I can't tell if you disagree with me and are going over the top with it to be funny, or if you agree and are mocking the opposing view.

I'm so confused.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #172
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
if we were serious about turning this country around, we'd all wear hats! Your leisure suits and casual sports wear have condemned us all! condemned us all, every one!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #173
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I like my tie
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #174
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
if we were serious about turning this country around, we'd all wear hats! Your leisure suits and casual sports wear have condemned us all! condemned us all, every one!
listen, old man, you and your crusty white bread slacks and your jackets with patches on the elbows is just soooooo 1995!!!

Say it with me, "We're here...we're relaxed...and we refuse to respect those who came before us and built our nation upon a firm foundation of hard work and ignoring your wife and kids!"

maybe there is a better chant out there...but if there is, I don't wanna hear it!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 03-10-2008, 02:29 PM   #175
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 03-10-2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: I just realized sike was probably making a joke that went over my head.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #176
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
listen, old man, you and your crusty white bread slacks and your jackets with patches on the elbows is just soooooo 1995!!!

Say it with me, "We're here...we're relaxed...and we refuse to respect those who came before us and built our nation upon a firm foundation of hard work and ignoring your wife and kids!"

maybe there is a better chant out there...but if there is, I don't wanna hear it!
elbow patches are for hipsters and academics and other commie riff-raff that don't know the value of a dollar. And don't try to pull something over on me with that exclamation mark. I know you and your hippie friends can't hardly muster the energy to speak in complete sentences, let alone get together long enough to form a chant. Why, back when engineers wore ties, we put men on the moon. Men on the moon!
Old 03-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #177
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Horse feathers!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #178
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
or both
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #179
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
or both

you guys are just jealous of my shoes. I want to look nice man.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #180
MavsX
Diamond Member

they always say, don't dress for the job you have, but the job you want. and guess what bi*ch i'm gonna be your boss one day!

not really..i don't want to get in management.

so....
Old 03-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #181
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
you guys are just jealous of my shoes. I want to look nice man.
And you're an IT guy huh? Weird.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #182
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I just got into full time programming, and I shed my slacks and dress shirts, and I am wearing jeans right now as we speak.

I enjoyed "dressing up" a little for a time because it made me feel important and successful out of college, but I don't care now.

I transferred departments, I just got a huge raise, and quite frankly, less responsibility, and oh yeah every day is casual Friday.

So you can have your shiny shoes.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #183
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I just got into full time programming, and I shed my slacks and dress shirts, and I am wearing jeans right now as we speak.

I enjoyed "dressing up" a little for a time because it made me feel important and successful out of college, but I don't care now.

I transferred departments, I just got a huge raise, and quite frankly, less responsibility, and oh yeah every day is casual Friday.

So you can have your shiny shoes.
Bingo.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #184
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
huge raise . . . less responsibility, . . . every day is casual Friday.
The slacker's dream. I'd rant some more, but I gotta go cover for some slacker who's at home lotioning the callous he got from his thong strap (I don't wanna know which one, and I won't mention names, but his name is Flacolaco!)
Old 03-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #185
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I do believe we struck a nerve.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #186
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
The slacker's dream. I'd rant some more, but I gotta go cover for some slacker who's at home lotioning the callous he got from his thong strap (I don't wanna know which one, and I won't mention names, but his name is Flacolaco!)
Old 03-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #187
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Attention office kissup:

I've been out of college nearly 6 years and I've worn jeans or shorts to work every day except maybe three. I wore shorts to my first day on the job at IBM. How many people can say that, do you think? Shorts every day when it's 80+ outside. Flip flops occasionally. T-shirts more often with jeans than with shorts, but whatever.

I dressed that way as a newbie, and I dress that way managing 9 people.

Luckily I've worked at places that don't have written dress codes per se, and that have a culture that recognizes achievement and skillz over the business casual lemming style.

Oh yeah, I forgot to give my manifest on "Casual Friday." It makes no sense at all.

If you have a dress code, you are saying that your ability to do business is dependent on your mode of dress. I think this is perfectly acceptable for any number of client-facing occupations, service jobs, etc. Lots and lots of areas where dress code is totally reasonable. So, could you imagine casual Fridays for the sales people at your local Chevy dealership? How about everyone at the dentist office chilling out on Friday? Receptionist wearing her old Aerosmith Permanent Vacation '87 t-shirt? That's going to hurt business.

Are there any businesses where it's perfectly acceptable to follow a rule only 80% of the time? What if we only paid 80% of our invoices, or billed 80% of our clients? What if we only followed our IT Security Policy 80% of the time, or told our Legal Counsel that he only had to adhere to the law Monday through Thursday?

If wearing a certain style of dress is *so* important to your business that you feel the need to codify it, then it should be important enough that it's detrimental to your business to chuck it out the window 20% of the time. Otherwise, it's pointless. It's there because people think it has to be. Waste of time & effort.

Last edited by Rhylan; 03-10-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #188
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
I've been out of college nearly 6 years and I've worn jeans or shorts to work every day except maybe three. I wore shorts to my first day on the job at IBM. How many people can say that, do you think? Shorts every day when it's 80+ outside. Flip flops occasionally. T-shirts more often with jeans than with shorts, but whatever.

I dressed that way as a newbie, and I dress that way managing 9 people.

Luckily I've worked at places that don't have written dress codes per se, and that have a culture that recognizes achievement and skillz over the business casual lemming style.
Bingo again. Man, I thought I used to have it good.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #189
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

You guys should consider yourselves lucky. One of the firms I'm working with this summer has an "optional" business casual dress code. By optional, they mean that's the minimum. And it's a minimum you don't want to be sitting on.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #190
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
You guys should consider yourselves lucky. One of the firms I'm working with this summer has an "optional" business casual dress code. By optional, they mean that's the minimum. And it's a minimum you don't want to be sitting on.
One of the perks of the industry, for sure. Our new building if full of law firms, especially the floors that we share an elevator bank with, and it's suits, suits and more suits. I consider myself lucky every day.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #191
sike
The Preacha

I like dressing nice when the occasion calls for it...but most of the time its all about comfort.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:03 PM   #192
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One of the perks of the industry, for sure. Our new building if full of law firms, especially the floors that we share an elevator bank with, and it's suits, suits and more suits. I consider myself lucky every day.
Yeah, I'd say that's definitely a big perk for you. That and hours that don't make you want to kill yourself (presumably, anyway--feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-10-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #193
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Yeah, I'd say that's definitely a big perk for you. That and hours that don't make you want to kill yourself (presumably, anyway--feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).
Oh yeah. Standard work weeks. Even when a customer issue or deadline causes some long hours in a given week, we're usualy given some sort of comp-time to make up for it if we ask for it.

Also lots of flexibility to telecommute.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #194
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

This is horrible ranting.

What's wrong with you people?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 03-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #195
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
This is horrible ranting.

What's wrong with you people?

You know what drives me nuts? People that criticize other people's rants while not posting one themselves......

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #196
LonghornDub

Quote:
Oh yeah. Standard work weeks. Even when a customer issue or deadline causes some long hours in a given week, we're usualy given some sort of comp-time to make up for it if we ask for it.

Also lots of flexibility to telecommute.
That's really nice. The telecommuting thing is definitely a big plus.

Sorry about the lack of ranting mary. How's this--I absolutely, positively, unequivocally HATE people who double park in high traffic lots/parking garages.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:52 AM   #197
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I was driving to work this morning and got flipped. Yippee.

I was driving down the fast lane and a young lady was on the other lane with a rather slow moving car in front of her. She tried to cut in front of me but I honked her because I was going too fast to stop from running into her car. So as I passed her by, this punkass bitch decided to give me the finger for not stopping dead in my path to let her highness through.

Last edited by TripleDipping; 03-11-2008 at 08:53 AM.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:20 AM   #198
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
You know what drives me nuts? People that criticize other people's rants while not posting one themselves......
Had to go to Home Depot.....Bed, Bath, & Beyond.......didn't have enough time.

But I do have time now for a mini-rant.

Dear Boss,

You can't spend the last five years dismissing and devaluing my opinion, and then suddenly decide you don't want a "YES" woman.

You made me this way.

Screw you.

Last edited by mary; 03-13-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #199
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

After reading this thread, I changed into my PJs.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #200
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I hate it when I am in the passing lane, clearly going over the speed limit, clearly passing cars on my right....and some nut job is on my ass flashing his brightlights like I am supposed to run the car on my right off the road just so the mo-fo can get by and go 2mph faster than I am going. Then once I do get passed the car and move over, he drives by and flips me off.

No, I can't give him the old brake light trick because I get an ear full from my wife.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100% saturated fluff, blinded by the fluff, clean fluffy slate, fluff eater, got a bit fluffy in here, mother fluffer, not in on the fluff