Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future
Default Dirk is the WC Player of the Month April 2009

NOWITZKI NAMED WESTERN CONFERENCE PLAYER OF THE MONTH FOR APRIL

DALLAS—Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki was named Western Conference Player of the Month for April the NBA announced today. Nowitzki earns the honor for the fifth time in his career and first time since February, 2007.

“It is important for me to play well at this time of year and I want to play my best basketball when there is something at stake,” Nowitzki said. “We had a lot to play for in April and it is an honor to be named player of the month this close to the postseason. We are looking forward to a great playoff run.”

Nowitzki led the Mavericks (50-32) to a 6-2 month as they clinched the No. 6 seed in the Western Conference. In that stretch, Dallas was 6-0 at home, winning by an average of 12.7 points. The Mavericks won four of five games versus +.500 opponents (including four straight from 4/1-10).

Nowitzki averaged 30.3 points, 8.8 rebounds and 2.1 assists in eight starts while shooting 55.1% (87-158 FGs) from the floor, 35.3% (6-17 3FGs) from 3-point range and 87.3% (62-71 FTs) from the line. The 10-year veteran recorded five 30-point outings with two double-doubles.

In the regular season finale vs. Houston (4/15), Nowitzki helped Dallas to its ninth consecutive 50-win season with 30 points and a season-high tying 15 rebounds in 41 minutes.

Dallas becomes only the fourth franchise in NBA history to win 50 games over nine straight seasons (San Antonio, Boston, L.A. Lakers).

Nowitzki, the NBA’s fourth leading scorer (25.9 ppg), closed the regular season by scoring 20+ points in each of the last 25 games dating back to vs. Oklahoma City (2/27) – the longest such streak in the NBA this season. Nowitzki also ranked 16th in rebounds per game (8.4) and seventh in free throw percentage (.890) among NBA leaders.

The Mavericks open their first round playoff series tomorrow night in San Antonio (7:00 PM CT on ESPN).

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Dirk, now make it mvp of the playoffs!!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

*waits for UD...*
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pitching a Dirk tent.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!

No idea where he'll end up in the MVP voting, if he makes the list or not.
There is no doubt in my mind he should be First Team All-NBA though.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely posted the that he was WC player of the month in the Dirk Is Great thread...but the more about Dirk owning the merrier...rep for all!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
*waits for UD...*

(I don't know the definition of "played-out")

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-17-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations, Dirk. Good luck in the playoffs!!!
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

he better be a 1st teamer.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I can't see why he will not make first team.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #11
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Congrats!

No idea where he'll end up in the MVP voting, if he makes the list or not.
There is no doubt in my mind he should be First Team All-NBA though.
Well...I know that Paul/Wade/Bryant/James/Howard are the best 5 players in the NBA this year.

If Bryant gets assigned to the 2nd F spot, I'm okay.

But if Paul is 2nd team G, and there's an empty F spot, I would give the spot to Dirk, no hesitation.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #12
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Well...I know that Paul/Wade/Bryant/James/Howard are the best 5 players in the NBA this year.

But if Paul is 2nd team G, and there's an empty F spot, I would give the spot to Dirk, no hesitation.
When did Josh make it to the top five of the NBA?
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #13
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas View Post
When did Josh make it to the top five of the NBA?
I know, it feels weird to write "Howard" when I mean Dwight. When I see the name "Howard", I think Josh.

Maybe I should put "Superman". But then I'd have to put CP3...and King James...and "The Flash" or whatever homosexual nickname they have for Wade.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #14
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting, Northman !
Old 04-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #15
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Ty posted it first in the Dirk is Great thread.

But YEAH. DIRK OWNS.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #16
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Congrats Dirk! Well deserved!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #17
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post

I have a feeling that they will move things around to make Bryant/James the SF and PF... which is bogus.

Dirk deserves it.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #18
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Thanks for posting, Northman !
Always welcome! Btw, I had some snowfall this morning

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 04-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #19
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
I definitely posted the that he was WC player of the month in the Dirk Is Great thread...but the more about Dirk owning the merrier...rep for all!
If you did, I'm sorry. I didn't notice it

Old 04-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #20
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Always welcome! Btw, I had some snowfall this morning
Haha, on the mirror, eh ?
Old 04-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #21
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Haha, on the mirror, eh ?
No, outside

I have still around 15cm of snow outside

Last edited by Sportstudi; 04-17-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #22
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

What a STUD!

also saw this note today, sorry if it's been posted elsewhere but it deserves repeating.

Dirk has career averages of 22.7 points and 8.6 rebounds per game for the regular season.
His playoff averages: 25.3 points and 11.1 rebounds.

To put into perspective how impressive those playoffs stats are, he's
one of only five 25/10 playoff performers in NBA history.

The others: Elgin Baylor, Hakeem Olajuwon, Bob Pettit and Shaquille O'Neal.

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 04-17-2009 at 08:40 PM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #23
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Wade or Kobe is going to need to take a backseat...they're both SGs.

CP3, ____, Lebron, Dirk, Howard
that's what it should be.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:37 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a pleasure to watch this man perform his craft.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:48 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Nowitzki, the NBA’s fourth leading scorer (25.9 ppg), closed the regular season by scoring 20+ points in each of the last 25 games dating back to vs. Oklahoma City (2/27) – the longest such streak in the NBA this season.
I think Dirk had a 27-28 game streak of 20+ points back in his MVP season.. Yes, this streak this season was impressive, but not nearly as impressive as the numbers he put together in that streak. He was amazing to close out his MVP season.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!