Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-29-2009, 06:58 AM   #121
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

^good name and welcome.

Last edited by tcat075; 04-29-2009 at 06:58 AM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #122
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

I can't explain the feeling that winning last night gave me. I know it was just one series, but ever since we won on that same floor in 2006 it has been a tough few summers. I try not to dwell on what that 06 championship would have meant, but it felt like a little of the sting left me last night. I was so proud of our team. The played and acted as the class acts they are, and they closed out a team like a winner and a champion.

I know the next series is going to be tougher, but lets take the regular season records and toss them aside, its obvious that was just the pre-season for the real season which we are now 4-1 in. This ain't your regualr season Mavs team anymore.

Rowdy, Proud and Loud Let's go get them MAVS
Old 04-29-2009, 10:27 AM   #123
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what TNT was showing last night, but KTXA had a shot of Josh walking into the tunnel to the locker room last night after the handshakes and whatnot, and that dude was smiling the biggest smile I've ever seen. I am comforted by how he seems to be very genuinely enjoying himself.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #124
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Great game..great series for the MAvs..

RC was impressive.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #125
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I don't know what TNT was showing last night, but KTXA had a shot of Josh walking into the tunnel to the locker room last night after the handshakes and whatnot, and that dude was smiling the biggest smile I've ever seen. I am comforted by how he seems to be very genuinely enjoying himself.
It's shocking isn't it. A completely different player that's playing banged up. Where in all that is holy have josh/dampier been.

Dampier stunned me with his energy...we have NEVER seen that, that I can recall. Maybe it's jkiddo/rc showing him that if he works hard, he'll get the ball. Just wonder where that monster has been the last 5 years...

Josh...well josh must have been hung-over since 06 is all I can think of. To have a guy who is so pivotal, messing around like he has the last two years can drive you crazy.

I expect if the littlelest napoleon had been gone after GS, we'd have been much better off.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:05 AM   #126
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Congratulations to the Mavs on this terrific win. It feels good to finally be out of the first round again.

Kind of sobering news about Kidd this off-season but I've had a feeling he would be leaving. He's been to the finals twice but both times his team was a significant underdog. I think Kidd wants to know what it's like to be on a juggernaut dominant team and win a championship. In my opinion this means there's no doubt he'll be joining the Lakers. Let's enjoy him while we have him.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #127
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed it on Inside the NBA, but Kidd got pumped after he let off his 3 point shot ending the 3rd Quarter. He shot it and as it was going down he was sorta curling up and trying to will it in there and then he got fired up after it went in and Dirk was fired up too.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #128
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The body language could not have been better. Everyone wanted this win. Bad. They wanted it worse than I've ever seen them want a win.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #129
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Well played, Mavs.

Now to get ready for the nuggets?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #130
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

It's fun to win.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:09 PM   #131
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

At some point during this season I couldn't imagine this team would beat anyone in the playoffs. It's been such a rollercoaster ride since, we had a lot of momentum going into this series, however there was still inconsistency and we have been disappointed so many times before that it was hard for me to think we will definitely come out on top.

Easily the fest feeling I have had about the Mavs in a long time.
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #132
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
Glad Mavs won, but Duncan was scoring at will and Parker was way too effective in this series. The same defense won't come close to cutting it vs the Nuggets. I hope we can hold our own with them now that Josh is playing pretty good.
Thankfully Denver doesn't have a small/quick PG that can hurt the Mavs at will like the Spurs and Hornets do. And thankfully there's only one Tim Duncan.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #133
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

A pretty tight rotation last night for RC. Only 7 players really. Awright/hollins got 8 minutes total.

I was glad to see Carlisle playing this one damn seriously...you want to know 'em out while they are reeling.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #134
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs can also stick this to their Interstate 35 rivals: only twice in the Tim Duncan era have the Spurs been eliminated on their home court, and both have came courtesy of Dallas.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 04-29-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #135
stoble

stoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nice

This was a great game. When JET hit those 2 back to back 3's I knew we had this one in the bag. After Terry hit the 2nd one Bowen jumped up and freaked out on someone, I guess Hill for not covering him. I'm not sure who, did anyone see that?
stoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #136
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Thankfully Denver doesn't have a small/quick PG that can hurt the Mavs at will like the Spurs and Hornets do. And thankfully there's only one Tim Duncan.
I was thinking the same thing. Billups is a good match up for Kidd since he's not going to live in the paint like Paul and Parker. He'll get his teammates involved but we won't have to worry about him going for 35 every night.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #137
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

But Billups will be able to shoot 3's very well unlike Parker and more of them. IT will be an equally tough task. He is one of the better 3 ball shooters as far as momentum is concerned. To kill the momentum of the other team or gain for his team, a lot of those quick ones he takes upon bringing the ball down lead to an immediate timeout.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #138
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
But Billups will be able to shoot 3's very well unlike Parker and more of them. IT will be an equally tough task. He is one of the better 3 ball shooters as far as momentum is concerned. To kill the momentum of the other team or gain for his team, a lot of those quick ones he takes upon bringing the ball down lead to an immediate timeout.
That is a concern, especially since he's shoting 70% from the 3-pt line. Still, I'll take my chances with him over a player that we're powerless to keep out of the paint. It's demoralizing to watch a guard make lay up after lay up. At least with a jump shooter you can convince youself that he's got to miss eventually.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #139
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot imagine Billups destroying the Mavs.. Kidd cannot guard the smaller PG's that get to where they're going extremely quickly. Sure, Billups might have a good series, but this is a much better matchup for Kidd defensively.

Now, Denver will offer a variety of issues that SA didn't. For one, the Mavs are going from being the more athletic team to being the less athletic team. At this point, I believe the Nuggets have better individual defenders than the Spurs as well.

But hell, the Nuggets could be a bad call from an official away from self-imploding. Kenyon Martin is always in danger of trying to kill someone on the court..he just hasn't been pushed quite over the edge.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #140
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I cannot imagine Billups destroying the Mavs.. Kidd cannot guard the smaller PG's that get to where they're going extremely quickly. Sure, Billups might have a good series, but this is a much better matchup for Kidd defensively.

Now, Denver will offer a variety of issues that SA didn't. For one, the Mavs are going from being the more athletic team to being the less athletic team. At this point, I believe the Nuggets have better individual defenders than the Spurs as well.

But hell, the Nuggets could be a bad call from an official away from self-imploding. Kenyon Martin is always in danger of trying to kill someone on the court..he just hasn't been pushed quite over the edge.
I was just thinking that in general the Nuggets are on the edge of emotionally imploding. 'Melo was third in the league in technical fouls (15), KMart was tied for 9th (11) and Billups was tied for 14th (10). Volatile group and then you add J.R. Smith to the mix. Carlisle should consider ways to get under their skin and then stand back.....Maybe having Hollins guard KMart would work.

Last edited by purplefrog; 04-29-2009 at 05:07 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #141
dude1394
Guru

Sounds like a plan to get under their skins is in order.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #142
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Sounds like a plan to get under their skins is in order.
If we could play solid defense and frustrate them I'm pretty sure they would implode. I just hope no one on our team would get into a fight because they are much deeper than us. Damn, where's Jerry Stackhouse when ya need him?!

Last edited by LSMF; 04-29-2009 at 05:19 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #143
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Bring on the Thuggets

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #144
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Is Stack still playing for this team? Seems like we lost him when the season started

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #145
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

FYI to all who may be interested:

A torrent of this Game 5 finally got posted on the Davka BT site (aka the best site for downloading full NBA games). Unfortunately, since the broadcast didnt start until 9:32 left in the second, that's where the torrent starts, but it's better than nothing.

It's available at: http://bt.davka.info/. Scroll down a bit and you'll see it.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 wins to glory, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, spurs = effed in the a$$, w00t