Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-15-2009, 10:41 PM   #41
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
They'll probably lose to Portland. That's one of the few teams I could actually see Portland winning against in a first round series. Poor Houston...blah.
I don't know about that... Roy will have a tough time with Battier and Artest, and Pryzbilla/Oden will get owned by Yao.

Also, Brooks > Blake.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #42
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

I think what they did to Yao was get him into foul trouble so he couldn't keep hacking at every shot and when he had to take a seat in the 3rd he lost his rythem. I was at this game and the atmosphere was awesome. Def ready for some playoff basketball. Great game. I am so happy.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:45 PM   #43
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I don't know about that... Roy will have a tough time with Battier and Artest, and Pryzbilla/Oden will get owned by Yao.

Also, Brooks > Blake.
PG play can be shoddy for both squads but I'd still trust Blake over Brooks. Brooks seems too streaky for me. He was basically a non-factor tonight.

Those kids in Portland have nothing to lose, they're still young and they won't feel the pressure. Houston, on the other hand, has a lot to lose and have a ton of pressure to get out of the 1st round.

Aldridge, Rudy, Outlaw...those guys can give Houston fits. I kind of expect a semi breakout series for Aldridge.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #44
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

I got a blue and white wiener!!!
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #45
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

It looks like everything is going our way tonight. Blazers are beating the Nuggets(getting closer, though), so basically we sent the rockets back to fifth seed and set the path for a possible Lakers-Blazers-series in round two, am I right?

Boy, tonight it was most definetely worthy to stay awake all night!!

Now bring on what's left of the Spurs and make sure we won't let that oldening Frenchman have his will everytime!

Last edited by mavErika; 04-16-2009 at 12:45 AM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 PM   #46
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Someone please make a gif of that dance Jason Terry was doing in the game
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:43 PM   #47
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I bet JET still has a bit of Houston Rocket still stuck to the bottom of his shoe.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
I bet JET still has a bit of Houston Rocket still stuck to the bottom of his shoe.
Are you sure that wasn't dog sh!t??? (not that you could tell the difference...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:50 PM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Brandon Bass = Yao killer

"He did it with his legs, his body and his heart," Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said. "I mean he really, really worked out there and made Yao work, and just our activity defensively as a team took a quantum leap when you've got a guy working like that."

Said Bass: "When you go up against a guy that big, you've got to be physical."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-15-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:58 PM   #50
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
hello 6th seed

Dirk with a 30/15 effort
Kidd with a triple double

Finley is still a Mav??

From a distance.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:43 AM   #51
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I literally can't stop watching the 5 minute left mark in the game. 80-80, Houston scored twice and Carlisle calls a TO. It's a do or die moment, momentum is there for whoever wants it.

He's been brilliant this year with calling plays out of timeouts, and he calls a motion set to get guys moving around and get defenders lost to where Kidd can loft a pass to Jet on the baseline for a jumper. They get a stop on Yao and they bring it up and Josh is guarded by Battier and he shows a drive and he's been killing them in the 2nd half with it so a 2nd defender comes. He passes to Dirk and brings attention and passes to Kidd for an open 3 but misses. Bass hustles to steal the board from Yao and fights off 3 Rockets and dishes to Dirk who dishes to Jet for an open 3 and he runs back with a huge grin and the crowd roars.

I can't stop watching it because every single person on the court did the right thing and they all worked together and never looked back after that moment. That stuff gets me revved up.
This.

A lot of huge hustle plays, fighting for rebounds in a way that I haven't seen in a long time... Bass fighting for that one in particular was a thing of pure beauty, and Dirk's extra pass to Jet for the 3 made me giddy. I love how Jet just had that huge smile on his face. Some guys would be sneering at the opponent after hitting a shot like that, but Jet just smiles like, "Guys, I am in love with this game. Isn't this a great game?"

Speaking of sneering, though, I did enjoy Hollins' attitude after that JKidd alley oop. Don't see that kind of "WAAAZZZAAAAP" from the Mavs often either...

I feel like at some point, Carlisle told Josh, "If you put up one more ill-timed jump shot, I will bench your rear end so hard your tailbone will be hurting until... well, until the playoffs start, anyway." I feel like the combination of Josh taking it to the hole and the sharp increase in defensive pressure really were the turning point midway through the 3rd quarter. If you look at the 15-3 run that the Mavs went on between 7:04 to 2:23 in the 3rd, Howard shot 8 free throws and took only one jump shot (which he made). That's my favorite kind of JHo.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:11 AM   #52
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
This.

A lot of huge hustle plays, fighting for rebounds in a way that I haven't seen in a long time... Bass fighting for that one in particular was a thing of pure beauty, and Dirk's extra pass to Jet for the 3 made me giddy. I love how Jet just had that huge smile on his face. Some guys would be sneering at the opponent after hitting a shot like that, but Jet just smiles like, "Guys, I am in love with this game. Isn't this a great game?"

Speaking of sneering, though, I did enjoy Hollins' attitude after that JKidd alley oop. Don't see that kind of "WAAAZZZAAAAP" from the Mavs often either...

I feel like at some point, Carlisle told Josh, "If you put up one more ill-timed jump shot, I will bench your rear end so hard your tailbone will be hurting until... well, until the playoffs start, anyway." I feel like the combination of Josh taking it to the hole and the sharp increase in defensive pressure really were the turning point midway through the 3rd quarter. If you look at the 15-3 run that the Mavs went on between 7:04 to 2:23 in the 3rd, Howard shot 8 free throws and took only one jump shot (which he made). That's my favorite kind of JHo.
It was weird too with that moment where on the 3-ball by Kidd which was missed and followed by the Bass rebound...the crowd kind of got excited at the shot, but when it rotated from Dirk to Jet you could see the crowd stand and arms were raising. Too bad Kidd...stick to triple doubles, haha.

"Get in the hole!"
Thanks Bob O. that made me laugh.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:18 AM   #53
BGMaverick9
Guru

Sucks doesn't it, Yao?
Old 04-16-2009, 03:16 AM   #54
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

what a game! bring on the spurs!
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:20 AM   #55
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs baby Spurs
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #56
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I got the company tickets to the game tonight at the very last minute. The house was hopping, and I was surrounded by loud Rocket fans . That fourth quarter was SWEET.

When Hollins thew that dunk down with an and-1 the place went nuts. Down the stetch I yelled myself hoarse.

Goodness Dirk was going nuts in the first. As BG noted, they really went away from him in the second which was frustrating.

Bring on the freaking Spurs.
I hope you had fun after the game watching them being shocked that they lost HCA.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #57
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
I literally can't stop watching the 5 minute left mark in the game. 80-80, Houston scored twice and Carlisle calls a TO. It's a do or die moment, momentum is there for whoever wants it.

He's been brilliant this year with calling plays out of timeouts, and he calls a motion set to get guys moving around and get defenders lost to where Kidd can loft a pass to Jet on the baseline for a jumper. They get a stop on Yao and they bring it up and Josh is guarded by Battier and he shows a drive and he's been killing them in the 2nd half with it so a 2nd defender comes. He passes to Dirk and brings attention and passes to Kidd for an open 3 but misses. Bass hustles to steal the board from Yao and fights off 3 Rockets and dishes to Dirk who dishes to Jet for an open 3 and he runs back with a huge grin and the crowd roars.

I can't stop watching it because every single person on the court did the right thing and they all worked together and never looked back after that moment. That stuff gets me revved up.
True, but on the other hand he was way too often to stubborn and single-minded (so to say) with his rotations, especially the three-guard-lineup.

But now I don't care, we're 6th seed. Let's face the Spurs!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 04-16-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 AM   #58
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
I hope you had fun after the game watching them being shocked that they lost HCA.
When they took Yao out with a minute left he walked to bench mumbling to himself, looking like someone stole his favorite toy. He looked like he hadn't even considered the notion that they would walk out of the building without their Division title.

It was beautiful.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #59
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

dirk tied a record. He is the second player to larry bird to lead a 50 win team in scoring for nine straight years. Malone did 8 and kaj 7. Shaq did 8 but it was with 2 different teams.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #60
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Great game, I fought thru my Ambien powerdown to finish it off. The thing that made me most proud was the GRIT that the entire team showed. Flat out mental and physical toughness and not settling while finding a way to win.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #61
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

So ESPN says Dirk made 11 of 12 against Scola last night. Ouch.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-16-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #62
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
That's awesome...some of them where pretty darn clean looks at the basket, thanks to Damp. But when Dirk is locked in, he can still make great shots over good defenders.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #63
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I was very happy to see how physical the dirkster was in backing down against anyone in a rockets uniform. He actually got an offensive foul call, after a very nice scoala flop. Very nice..

I wonder if he has finally realized that it's a legal basketball to bang into your opponent, liftiing them off their feet and forcing your way closer to the basket. He pounded that scoala all night long.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #64
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Which is a long way from earlier in the season when Scola gave him trouble.

Can anyone guard Dirk right now?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #65
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Which is a long way from earlier in the season when Scola gave him trouble.

Can anyone guard Dirk right now?
I hope not.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #66
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's what Dirk Nowitzki did in the opening quarter against a valiant -- but overmatched -- Luis Scola. Nowitzki hit six consecutive baskets against Scola during a 3:30 stretch of the first quarter, and finished the night 11-for-12 from the field against him.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...ge=dime-090416
Old 04-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #67
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I was very happy to see how physical the dirkster was in backing down against anyone in a rockets uniform. He actually got an offensive foul call, after a very nice scoala flop. Very nice..

I wonder if he has finally realized that it's a legal basketball to bang into your opponent, liftiing them off their feet and forcing your way closer to the basket. He pounded that scoala all night long.
He really has been adding that more as of late. He'll dribble his man down a few times and then have a spin move for a scoop layup. It'll be interesting to see what comes first: That or the FT-Iso
Old 04-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #68
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post

Also, Brooks > Blake.
you HATE portland lol

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #69
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He really has been adding that more as of late. He'll dribble his man down a few times and then have a spin move for a scoop layup. It'll be interesting to see what comes first: That or the FT-Iso
All credit goes to Avery Johnson.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #70
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

The only way to beat Yao is to make him guard. He is unstoppable when he has the ball in his hands.. but when you make him work on the other end, you can tell his stamina is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #71
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
The only way to beat Yao is to make him guard. He is unstoppable when he has the ball in his hands.. but when you make him work on the other end, you can tell his stamina is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e.
"eat the shrimp!"
Old 04-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #72
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
Excellent recap BG! I just wanted to highlight what you said about Kidd's defense tonight. It was phenomenal. His defensive stance really showed his strength. He really had a great game. His only flaw for tonight was that he had a couple of turnovers in the early part of the game. However, in the second half, when it mattered the most, his savvy play, unparalleled basketball IQ and will to win just really stood out. Way to go JKidd.

Overall, a great win for our Mavs. They worked hard, they persevered, and they showed a lot of heart.
Kidd's first half offensively is his sampler, he'll try everything once, read the defense, see what they're tendencies are they make the adjustments, or play a bit more conservative in the 2nd half, so those opportunity passes in the 1st half, become 3 point jacks in the 2nd. Some will stick and some won't.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #73
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
All credit goes to Avery Johnson.
Hey he wanted to emulate the Spurs, Dirk was his Duncan.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #74
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good, F Scola.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #75
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Hey he wanted to emulate the Spurs, Dirk was his Duncan.
Except they are two completely different players.

Avery did not adjust his system for his players, not even his superstars. He probably wishes he could rewind time and take that Memphis job because that team is going to be a force in a year or two. He could have taken all of the credit like he did here.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #76
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
"eat the shrimp!"
"eat the head, eat the head!"

Old 04-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #77
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
dirk tied a record. He is the second player to larry bird to lead a 50 win team in scoring for nine straight years. Malone did 8 and kaj 7. Shaq did 8 but it was with 2 different teams.
Where did you get that?

Old 04-16-2009, 05:46 PM   #78
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Where did you get that?
i looked it up myself. I checked pretty much everyone i could think of who might have
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #79
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
i looked it up myself. I checked pretty much everyone i could think of who might have
Wow, I'm impressed. I'll give you a rep just for that.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #80
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Except they are two completely different players.

Avery did not adjust his system for his players, not even his superstars. He probably wishes he could rewind time and take that Memphis job because that team is going to be a force in a year or two. He could have taken all of the credit like he did here.
A force? NO, Memphis is a long way away.
They have no bench and are very weak down low defensivly without a true center.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
devin is fishing, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, where is devin period?, wheres devins trip-dub?