Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-11-2009, 01:18 AM   #1
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: Game 4. Beginning of a 4 game winning streak.

F em

Last edited by mary; 05-11-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: sigh
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no Internet so I'm posting from my iPhone.... go Mavs!!!!! F the nuggets and F the refs.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #3
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

1-1-1-1...take it one at a time and we got this. GO MAVS

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:35 AM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I will still be at work when the game starts, but hopefully I'll be sitting down in front of my tv by halftime.

MFFL - through thick and thin baby, through thick and thin.

Go Mavs!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-11-2009 at 01:35 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:42 AM   #5
NugsFan

NugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the rough

Its never been done before (coming back from 0-3) so someone has to do it. I just don't see it happening this time. But I think the Mavs will win this last one at home and go out with pride.
NugsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:56 AM   #6
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

It would sure show a ton of heart to do that. I'm not sure this is the team that has that kind of heart just being 100% honest.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:06 AM   #7
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

Just. Murder. Them. nuggets. GO MAVS
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:07 AM   #8
NugsFan

NugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the rough

Well if a team was ever going to have heart, now would be the time to show it. We'll also see if Denver has that killer instinct the finish a series on the road against a desperate team, something I think they are going to need in the next round...
NugsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:20 AM   #9
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

This is why I hate the NBA. Surprises are so few and far between that no one has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit in the playoffs.

Form holds far too often in the NBA.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:06 AM   #10
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Mad as hell!

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 05-11-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:13 AM   #11
stoble

stoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nice

I'm done pissing and moaning! It's time to start a win streak!
stoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:59 AM   #12
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:10 AM   #13
GoNugs

GoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
This is why I hate the NBA. Surprises are so few and far between that no one has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit in the playoffs.

Form holds far too often in the NBA.
It's happened once in baseball....and twice in hockey. It's not like it "never" happens in the NBA....but it "always" happens in other sports.
GoNugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:10 AM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-11-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:26 AM   #15
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about

Well, Portland came back from down 0-3 against us in 2003 to force a game 7. Lets see if we can do the same.
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #16
cowgirl

cowgirl will become famous soon enoughcowgirl will become famous soon enough

Yes we can do it we love to do things that no one else would do we love to set records good and bad. So maybe for once the reffs will be for us and we will have a change because they have been so bad, like the flagrent foul on Dirk in game one where we would have gotten 2 shots and the ball back but we didn't get the call until the next day which was to late and that could have changed the call. and the Flagrent that was not called in this last game that was not called that should have given us the 2 shots and the ball back on Wright when the guy did not try to go for the ball as the rules state but went for the body and only got a foul. Then the same game we get the nocall what is wrong with these reffs they just keep not giveing Dallas any respect, HOW CAN WE WIN GAMES LIKE THIS. I am getting sick and tired of this it has gone on for years now Why does everyone hate Dallas they are all great players and do not do anything but try to play good basketball and are disliked for this.
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #17
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

"NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!"

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Why do the playoffs always bring this brutal assault on the English language?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:48 AM   #19
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Why do the playoffs always bring this brutal assault on the English language?
'Cause David Stern hates Mark Cuban.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #20
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
May 11, 2009
Denver @ Dallas--S. Javie; M. Davis; J. DeRosa

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Nuggets 112
Mavericks 80

Over/Under on Maverick ejections: 1.5
Old 05-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #22
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

I say, let's just start a 12 game winning streak...to hell with all those haters and non-believers
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #23
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mavs!

Don't let the season end with an indifferent effort!!!!

(that's all I've got)

Last edited by alexamenos; 05-11-2009 at 10:16 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #24
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Keep the dream alive guys. Go Mavs!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #25
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

well - I dunno if we will win this 1- and tbh I have a hard time believing the mavs care after that crap at the end of the last game. I guess if you give us a 25-75% chance in denver to win and a 60-40% at home we still have a 1% chance of winning this series (if we win that game our chance would have been about 30%)
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #26
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Never stop believing!

(delusion is salvation...)

Old 05-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #27
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Red Sox made history in 2004. Mavericks in 2009!!!!

Fenway magic in Dallas!!
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #28
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care about the win at this point I want to see some nuggs get their ass beat. And all the refs scatter or catch a stray fist.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 05-11-2009 at 11:13 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #29
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Winning is a lot more fun than losing...I'll take a win, please? haha

I don't wanna get swept.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #30
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

ANY chance at all someone will layout JR Smith? That's all I wanna watch tonight, really. Maybe it'll humble him for the rest of his career. Then again, probably not, but it'll probably be an enjoyable thing to see either way, so I don't care.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #31
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about

I say we send Matt Carroll out there as our goon, lol.
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #32
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackspider972 View Post
I say we send Matt Carroll out there as our goon, lol.
I think some of the Mavs water boys have more meat on their bones...

Old 05-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #33
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

which bone?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #34
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

We can win this. If we are down 10+ at any point in the game its done.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #35
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Win one, at least for our dignity, then we can go from there.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #36
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, it sucks it has to end this way...
Old 05-11-2009, 01:04 PM   #37
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Cut their balls off.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #38
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

First priority: play to win.

If we find ourselves losing the game, then we move on to priority #2: show some balls. Antoine Wright needs to teach JR Smith a lesson.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #39
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see blood tonight. I don't care if it's an accidental result of elbows and knees colliding with faces while the ball is being chased down aggressively, or if someone intentionally throws a punch and starts a brawl that gets the entire frikkin team suspended for the first 10 games of next season.

Refuse to die quietly.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #40
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmfast View Post
Cut their balls off.
Uhh I think I just died a little inside, and I'm not even a guy.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
consistency there is none, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, false hope, gdt 08/09, mytagdeletedwhy?