Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs 119 Nuggets 117

Forget Dwight Howard...Dirk is F'n Superman. What a ballsy game for him...he definitely left everything he had on the court. He wanted that ball every chance he could get. What a metamorphosis of sorts, he was practically wanting it in the post all the time. He'd get it at the elbow or extended and he'd pass it out and get set right in the post. If he keeps doing that and is effective...you can't stop him.

Jet really couldn't get going again. You saw flashes where you would hope that would get him out of the funk but he never really got it together. On top of that, the fouls got him tentative so if someone was attacking he got even more hesitant on defense.

Damp has been pretty much a nuclear bust in this series. He really can't do anything to slow Nene down and he hasn't really been protecting the paint.

No one really could stop Melo tonight. It looks like he went "next level" or something after that shot in Game 3...whatever.

The foul calls just really seemed shoddy for me again tonight. It seemed like Dallas lost composure at times but some of those fouls, especially in the 2nd half were really suspect.

Josh had a real gutty game, he was in all sorts of pain. He was trying to check Melo and he was being aggressive with going for loose balls and for rebounds, it was a good effort for him tonight.

Kidd had to work hard on defense tonight...especially when Billups tried to take it over in the 4th. He did a great job controlling the turnovers...only one! And he did his job...he fed the beast.

This was the kind of win you saw late in the year, a gutsy and man-sized win. It looked rough early and they had to scratch and claw to keep up and they took a lot of good shots from Denver. They could've whined and gave up when they were down 14 but they battled. They send the fans off happy and they live to see another day, that's all I wanted. Anything is possible.

Underdog knows:
If you've got #41, you've got a shot
Old 05-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #2
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

STILL ALIVE BABY....GO MAVS

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
Itachi

Itachi is on a distinguished road

I'm glad we defended our home court. YEAAHHHHH!!!
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #4
NugsFan

NugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the rough

Great Game!!! Dirk earns every dollar he makes! It was fun watching Dirk and Melo go toe to toe in the 4th... See you on Wednesday!
NugsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:54 PM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk in the post...ummm, I think he can scratch that off his summer to-do list. He owned it tonight.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:55 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

One weird ending away from being a 2-2 series. Instead it's still basically over.

Dirk Nowitzki is my mother effing hero anyway. I love you, Dirk.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default 44/12 FTW!!!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-11-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #8
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Suspension? ;]

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #9
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
One weird ending away from being a 2-2 series. Instead it's still basically over.
That's the worst part.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #10
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

man when we won i leaped out of my chair but accidently bang my knee on the table... but it was worth it!!! GOOD GAME ALL!!!
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #11
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Im now even more pissed about that missed flagrant on the Jones push in game 3.

Im even more pissed that Terry sucks even more than a bonehead Josh without ankles.

And the NBA and their Refs are keeping just being ridiculous or clueless about the own rules and their consistency.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:59 PM   #12
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk played 44 minutes. He was +12. We only won by 2. That say's a lot.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:59 PM   #13
BGMaverick9
Guru

IF...IF they can find a way to steal Game 5 away, this is going to go 7. They've gotta find some kind of way to steal that game.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:02 AM   #14
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

If tim Duncan, kg, dwight Howard, a prime barkley or webber was the mavs power foward tonight they don't win the game
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:02 AM   #15
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I confess that I didn't give the mavs much of a chance tongiht.

Note to self -- Dirk = chance to win any game.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #16
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
IF...IF they can find a way to steal Game 5 away, this is going to go 7. They've gotta find some kind of way to steal that game.
Mark wonderlick already stole it
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #17
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Unleash Matt Carroll

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #18
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
Note to self -- Dirk = chance to win any game.
See my sig (thanks BG!)

Old 05-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post

Suspension? ;]
No, superstars don't get suspended.

A European (white) one probably could, but not someone with a cool name, tattoos and an attitude like "Melo"
Old 05-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #20
Itachi

Itachi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Unleash Matt Carroll
If we did that, he would own the most made 3 point shots ever

[Edit] I don't think Carmelo hit him on the head, so I don't think it's a suspension. I could be wrong.

Last edited by Itachi; 05-12-2009 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Needed to add something.
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #21
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Nice win. All game long I kept worrying about those tech's coming back to haunt us. I'm glad they didn't. They've gotta keep their composure out there in DEnver. Its going to be a lot crazier there than it was here.

Great performance by Dirk. Gotta take this one game at a time. Forget about winning 4 in a row. Just worry about winning the next game. That said, we need another 40 point performance by Dirk next game to win.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:08 AM   #22
Underdog

Quote:
Unleash Matt Carroll
I thought Shawne Williams was the future...

Old 05-12-2009, 12:08 AM   #23
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

A European (white) one probably could, but not someone with a cool name, tattoos and an attitude like "Melo"
For anyone who hasn't seen it already, they played this video at the AAC during Game 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk8TLYI1x8g

Fairly humorous, I thought.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:08 AM   #24
BGMaverick9
Guru

Flacolaco, I do care...haha.
I may even be dumb enough to still see a chance for this to go down as I predicted: Mavs in 7

41: 'nuff said
Old 05-12-2009, 12:09 AM   #25
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

Is Dwight Howard not a superstar?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #26
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

How i wish it 's 2-2, Dirk really carry us on his back. Good job by Bass defending the paint, kudos to Barea who lit a candlelight on a state wide blackout. Wright did pull to redeem himself and I thought Kidd controlled the game, thanks Mavs for the never say die spirit.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #27
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

I'm thoroughly exhausted after watching that game. I am emotionally spent. But I just have to say that Dirk was spectacular tonight. He really played his heart out and gave everything he could. Thank you Dirk for winning one for the fans.

I know game 5 will really be difficult to win. But as BG said above, if the Mavs can somehow steal that game, it would really be such a big momentum swing for the Mavs.

Baby steps for now. One game at a time. Go Mavs!!!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #28
LonghornDub

George Karl sounds absolutely defeated in his presser. He looks like he's crying (literally). This is really odd.

I wonder if this sort of demeanor will carry over to their team.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:12 AM   #29
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Actually Matt Carroll is a beast in NBA 2k9.

Of the screen he is a good shooter.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:12 AM   #30
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

What's sad is that this series should be 2-2 going back to Denver...I mean it's still over but I didn't not wonna see the Nuggets dancing on our court, oh and that Dirk spend move on Martin in the end of the game was crazy.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:12 AM   #31
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Denver vermin thinking it was gonna be easy to close out the Mavs....... someone bust out Dirk's stats on elimination games!

This is gonna turn out to be quite a looooooooooong series if Denver steps up with that weak sh*t when Dirk's in the court.

B*tches.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #32
LonghornDub

Man, that was just bizarre. I wonder if something else happened in the locker room or something. Karl had tears in his eyes and his voice was trembling.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #33
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
George Karl sounds absolutely defeated in his presser. He looks like he's crying (literally). This is really odd.

He really did sound somber...I'm not watching it but I can hear it.
I'm telling you guys, they just have to find a way to steal Game 5. Steal it and you might steal this whole series.

Quote:
Man, that was just bizarre. I wonder if something else happened in the locker room or something. Karl had tears in his eyes and his voice was trembling.
I think it adds to the cocky factor I've seen from the Nuggets. They might literally be stunned they didn't win tonight...Or they realize they could be in for some trouble. If they're gonna single Dirk and he gets in the post, they have to just hope they don't get called for fouls on strips or he just flat out misses.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 05-12-2009 at 12:15 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #34
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:

It is definitely odd. He looks like he lost the damn series???? What's with him??
Old 05-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #35
LonghornDub

Quote:
He really did sound somber...I'm not watching it but I can hear it.
I'm telling you guys, they just have to find a way to steal Game 5. Steal it and you might steal this whole series.
You need to check out the video on NBA.com when they post it tomorrow or whatever. I have no idea what was going on, or if he always looks like that after really tough losses, but you could see the water glistening off his eyes and he even got choked up once or twice.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #36
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

He's playing Nellie head games.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #37
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What did he say, exactly?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #38
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Our crowd should be ashamed. I thought they were really lackluster. Especially if Denver went on any sort of run. After the game they weren't even really cheering. Gotta make HCA mean something.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #39
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

George Karl sounded like he was about to cry on ESPN News
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #40
monty55555
Platinum Member

Quote:
Maybe he found out Melo will be suspended in Game 5?

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, no sweep bitches!, nuggets - no mames guey!