Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-29-2005, 09:10 PM   #121
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Texas Rangers 05!

Chan Ho is becoming eerily dependable... He better be careful, soon I'll start believing in him.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:48 PM   #122
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The Ho will get at least 12 wins this season.....there, it has been said.
Three down, nine to go.

mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:23 PM   #123
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Texas Rangers 05!

nice pitching from the Ho...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #124
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

it's nice to see the "Ho" doin somewhat well. i just hope everyone can do well at the same time.

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
jly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:50 AM   #125
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Big Tex's bat is really heating up....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-02-2005, 11:44 PM   #126
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Another great start by the Gambler, although "Cardiac Coco" is making an early-season appearance.

Don't know how long Dellucci can last in the leadoff spot, but with that high OBP he should stay there for now and draw BB's.

mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:00 AM   #127
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Man, Kenny looked pissed, didn't he? He looked like he was going to kill CoCo if he didn't pull that out. What a nice outing for him, everything was cooking. He's been solid this year, just hurting for run support.

Do you realize Dellucci has 24 walks already this year? Dang. Maybe I should get Lasik.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:47 AM   #128
sike
The Preacha

Kenny has been rolling.....nice stuff from the old man....

Old 05-03-2005, 10:37 PM   #129
sike
The Preacha

Young is killing again tonight against the A's....through the fifth 1-0 Rangers

Old 05-03-2005, 10:42 PM   #130
sike
The Preacha

bases loaded..no outs top of the 6th for the good guys

Old 05-03-2005, 10:46 PM   #131
sike
The Preacha

Sori singles in two runs....one a first pitch swing...

Old 05-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #132
sike
The Preacha

bases still loaded Big Dick at bat....lets see how this goes....

Rangers 3-0

Old 05-03-2005, 10:54 PM   #133
sike
The Preacha

Rangers 5-0 one out.....

it will be interesting to see how Young holds this lead.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:11 PM   #134
sike
The Preacha

young out in the sixth...would have liked to see him go a bit longer....but the bases are loaded with 2 out

Old 05-04-2005, 06:20 PM   #135
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Vicious beatdown in progress. Go Rangers!
Old 05-04-2005, 07:09 PM   #136
ames7
Diamond Member

Sweeeeeeep. Messy game & it looked like the old Chan-Ho out there, but very good series. Good to see them just tacking those runs on like that... Hidalgo even got a HR!
Old 05-04-2005, 11:22 PM   #137
sike
The Preacha

was this a sweep for the good guys???? nice to see the bats come out.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:46 PM   #138
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

World Series bound?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:16 AM   #139
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
World Series bound?
man, you are on fire!!! you heard it here folks!!!

Old 05-06-2005, 07:29 PM   #140
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Pedro is the suck.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:19 PM   #141
ames7
Diamond Member

Well that was a crappy way to end the ballgame. Bullpen held it that whole time, down just 2 w/a man on in the 9th & just a horrible called-swing on Mike Young. I don't think I've seen Buck that upset before. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen him get tossed before.

It may be time to think real hard about getting RicRod up here. Astacio looked awful.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:13 AM   #142
sike
The Preacha

Sori is heating up....big Tex looking like he's learning to hit...Drese with a great one tonight.

Old 05-08-2005, 02:29 PM   #143
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Is Hank Blalock wearing a pink sweatband? I think he is....hehe, must be for Mother's Day. Still pretty funny to see a MLB player wearing pink.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:34 PM   #144
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

heh...nevermind. I see that all the players and umps are wearing the pink. That's kinda neat...
Old 05-08-2005, 06:08 PM   #145
sike
The Preacha

nice one from old faithful today....Kenny has been ever so sharp

Old 05-09-2005, 09:26 AM   #146
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Let's make some money on t-shirts that say "Let's go HO!!", and sell them at Ranger games. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:54 AM   #147
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Quote:
Let's make some money on t-shirts that say "Let's go HO!!", and sell them at Ranger games. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
or how about "I love a Ho!" ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2005, 02:16 PM   #148
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
or how about "I love a Ho!" ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Or "We overpaid for a HO!"
Old 05-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #149
sike
The Preacha

how about "A Ho gave me crabs!"....wait.....that has little to do with the Rangers and much more to do with what irontoad told me about his experience as a sailor in Asia

Old 05-09-2005, 03:34 PM   #150
kingrex
Platinum Member

giggle.

Okay, that's it, I'll start printing out the shirts and split the profits with you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2005, 04:13 PM   #151
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
giggle.

Okay, that's it, I'll start printing out the shirts and split the profits with you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
deal [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

edited to say "Go Rangers!"

Old 05-09-2005, 09:24 PM   #152
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

What a great game from Chris Young again. Stupid Cordero has to come in and blow the game....
Old 05-10-2005, 12:57 AM   #153
sike
The Preacha

Young has been amazing for about a month...

COCO drives me crazy

Old 05-10-2005, 10:32 AM   #154
kingrex
Platinum Member

Cordero will be fine once he can get back into the groove. I like what I'm seeing from our starters. They're not world beaters, but I'm seeing a steady improvement with each outing. At this rate the Rangers might even be accused of having some pitching . . . naahh, never mind.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:56 AM   #155
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
At this rate the Rangers might even be accused of having some pitching . . .
don't jinx it.....

actually I don't think they are really playing that far above their potential....Young, Drese, Kenny, Ho, whoever....these first three can pitch and Ho can give you crabs...

Old 05-10-2005, 08:47 PM   #156
sike
The Preacha

the Ho pitched well for 5 innings...but got canned in the sixth...rangers still leading 4-3 two outs....

Old 05-10-2005, 08:48 PM   #157
sike
The Preacha

bull poop! as soon as I posted...its a 4-4 game!

Old 05-10-2005, 09:23 PM   #158
sike
The Preacha

5-4 Rangers....the ninth is on the way...does Coco blow another lead?

Old 05-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #159
sike
The Preacha

coco in the ninth....

Old 05-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #160
sike
The Preacha

smooth sailing for the chocolate man....1,2,3 in the ninth.