Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-07-2006, 03:04 AM   #481
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I mean. Where it was the Suns before, it may be the Jazz now.

I think the conference is getting ready to rattled around.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2006, 03:07 AM   #482
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

lol wow chum, that number came from out of nowhere
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:10 AM   #483
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Seven, three-and-a-half, whatever...I'm just saying...we are losing ground, even early on.

Lot of people talking about the Jazz being a strong team this year. And before the season, lot of people talking about the foregone conclusion of Mavs and Spurs playing for the Finals berth.

It doesn't look so sure anymore. Even spotting the Jazz 3.5 games is enough to make you wonder if you might not be playing the Rockets in the first round.

Know what I mean?
Old 11-07-2006, 03:13 AM   #484
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Spotting the Jazz doesn't have me worried. It is spotting the entire Western Conference a few games that has me a little antsy. I worry little about the Jazz. If we can't pass them up in the standings, it will be a failed season. Every year a pretender comes out of the gate hot. Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to your 2006-07 Utah Jazz.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:16 AM   #485
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

You guys all realize that the mighty Suns have also lost 3 games so far in this young season right?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:22 AM   #486
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Spotting the Jazz doesn't have me worried. It is spotting the entire Western Conference a few games that has me a little antsy. I worry little about the Jazz. If we can't pass them up in the standings, it will be a failed season. Every year a pretender comes out of the gate hot. Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to your 2006-07 Utah Jazz.
You aren't hearing and reading the same things about Utah that I am. I am hearing that Utah is not a team to sleep on.

Every year a pretender comes out of the gate hot? What, the Clippers? Please advise.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:34 AM   #487
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said in another thread, the foundation the Jazz is built on is very shaky. Namely, they rely on two players who shouldn't be relied on - Boozer and AK47. Both are very good players, but both are also very injury prone. I wouldn't count on both of them playing 70+ games this year. Heck the way their careers have gone, I wouldn't bet on either if them playing that many games this season.

There are plenty of pretenders, Seattle from a few years ago got hot and never made the playoffs. I recall a Jazz team that not too long ago got hot before AK47 suffered a serious injury. Hmmm....

The Jazz have a good core of talent, but it remains to be seen whether they can keep it all on the court.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 11-07-2006 at 03:35 AM.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:38 AM   #488
chumdawg
Guru

Well, injury is a bitch, that much is for sure. I'm pretty sure the Mavs become Pretenders to the Throne pretty damn quick if [that certain player who will remain nameless...knock on wood] suffers injury.

I'm afraid that doesn't advance your argument. The Mavs are as liable as every other team. I would think, at least. Witness Howard taking a bruise tonight.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:54 AM   #489
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Oh but it does when there is a history of injury. Ask Grant Hill. The point isn't that they would be in trouble because of what they would look like if someone goes down. The point is that certain players on the Jazz keep going down repeatedly so you might as well assume that history will repeat itself. What exactly have the Jazz been able to do when those players are out? And when has that certain player who will remain nameless ever suffered an extend injury like what has happened to AK47 the last two years? As for the role players on the Mavs, I'm not as worried because last year the Mavs showed they could play without them.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-07-2006, 03:58 AM   #490
chumdawg
Guru

I can't speak for the Jazz players. I'm not knowledgeable enough. If it is your contention that they will, before the year is out, be injured beyond their capacity to recover, I will have to take your word for that.

But I also know, from watching sports like I've watched sports, that injury is capricious, and it can turn fortunes on a dime. I tend not to try to mess with it.

I guess we'll see, as far as the Jazz are concerned. I wish them good health, as I do for the Mavericks.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:00 AM   #491
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Congrats Nellie.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:05 AM   #492
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

f*ck you, f*ck you, f*ck you...your cool, .................and f*ck you..i'm out
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #493
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

This team reminds me of the Jamison/Walker team from a couple years back.
The chemistry seems wrong, players who are supposed to aren't playing their roles.
Some of these guys don't seem to understand that this is Dirk's team, not some guy off the bench's team.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:33 AM   #494
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

this thread got shot to heck.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote