Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 10-29-2003, 07:57 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meet your new mods

Fidel, kg_veteran, LRB, and veruca salt

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2003, 08:07 PM   #2
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of
Default RE: Meet your new mods

Great choices!!!

Congratulations to you all.

Especially, Veruca. Great to see our first Aussie as a mod!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 08:10 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

So now if i hit on Veruca, i could get banned? lol.

Congrats to all.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 08:14 PM   #4
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Meet your new mods

GJ guys! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 08:20 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well, 3 out of 4 isn't bad
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 08:24 PM   #6
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Oh come on Murphy, you know you love me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks guys, now of course you're all just going to have to bear with me for another
two days, when my broadband internet access will be fully restored.
Do you have any idea how painful it is trawling threads at 28.8k?

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 08:26 PM   #7
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

I hope the mod skirt fits, Veruca!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 08:29 PM   #8
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I´m not so sure about that Fidel guy but otherwise I´d say pretty good choices.

Congrats KG, Veruca and LRB. I´m looking forward to keeping the board in good shape together with you and the other mods.

Thanks DJ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 08:47 PM   #9
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Good luck and the best to all of you ....some of my most favorite people here !!!

Now get the F* to work....there's much to be done !!

(Props to the avenger...)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2003, 08:49 PM   #10
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

wow, great choices. None are power hungry either......except Veruca [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 09:01 PM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Fidel, kg_veteran
My days here are counted. (I won't last much here)

Well, maybe not, they won't be allowed to fight or insult anymore.

Edit. Allowed.
Edit 2. Text enclosed in parentheses.

Old 10-29-2003, 09:41 PM   #12
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Well Chiwas as far as the "fighting" goes I will still contest every weak point you make. Doesn´t matter if I´m a mod or not.

As far as banning goes I will make sure that I won´t mix up personal matters with my duties as a mod.

That you didn´t have the magnitude to come out and congratulate us four says alot about you though.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 09:45 PM   #13
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Well the 1st order of business is to learn how to use the superpowers so that I don't accidently ban myself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BTW Veruca with that 28.8k dialup you might be the 1st mod in history to take a month to ban somebody for a week. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2003, 09:47 PM   #14
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Hey that's awesome. Great choices. Congrats you guys, do us proud! [img]i/expressions/wine.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/wine.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/wine.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2003, 10:22 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
Oh come on Murphy, you know you love me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks guys, now of course you're all just going to have to bear with me for another
two days, when my broadband internet access will be fully restored.
Do you have any idea how painful it is trawling threads at 28.8k?

[img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
I said that 3 out of 4 isn't bad... I didn't say that I liked 3 out of the 4.
I guessed three out of the four new mods..

come on guys, I'm not that big of a smart@ss

edit - thought I'd take the curse word out of the thread congratulating the mods
Old 10-29-2003, 10:34 PM   #16
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, from someone that has been a participant at an unmoderated site and had to deal with endless amounts of trolling because none of the senior members wanted to spend the time or take on the responsibility of being a moderator, I thank you guys for sacrificing your time to make our little environment here better. Congratulations.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:37 PM   #17
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Congrats to all the new moderators.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 11:25 PM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations guys.

The cycling dude, the dismantler, the funny guy, and the Bad Egg...

Cool.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2003, 11:28 PM   #19
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

It's about time LRB is finally a mod, congrats to you all!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 01:55 AM   #20
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

btw - congrats not only to the first AUSSIE mod, but also to the first GERMAN mod [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2003, 03:28 AM   #21
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats guys and gals. The help will be much appreciated.

Old 10-30-2003, 10:19 AM   #22
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the honor, dj. I'll take my new job seriously.

Chiwas - You know I love you, baby!

Old 10-30-2003, 10:28 AM   #23
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

In a related story, the following people have been banned...
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:31 AM   #24
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fidel
Well Chiwas as far as the "fighting" goes I will still contest every weak point you make. Doesn´t matter if I´m a mod or not.

As far as banning goes I will make sure that I won´t mix up personal matters with my duties as a mod.

That you didn´t have the magnitude to come out and congratulate us four says alot about you though.
As far as you keep calling members "Trolls" when they aren't, I will continue to posting against you, no matter if you consider "weak" a point; you don't have any priviledge to judge posts, less when you can't prove that the other posters aren't more intelligent or worse posters than you.

Old 10-30-2003, 11:37 AM   #25
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Thanks for the honor, dj. I'll take my new job seriously.
Chiwas - You know I love you, baby!
I wish to take things in a respectable manner with you, as I have tried to do it the last days. I expect the same from you. Everything for having a better board.

I have a lot of thoughts to serve that purpose. The change has to allow to keep a permanent communication with the mods, which can bring a change on the level of the forum and not changes of members.

Old 10-30-2003, 11:43 AM   #26
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Our new mods kick ass. Great choices.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:49 AM   #27
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Welcome aboard New Mods. DJ made really good choices here. And to emphasize what ape said, They do kick ass!

[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 01:51 PM   #28
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so here what I expect from my mods:

1. free hot dogs
2. more laughs
3. less crappy and stupid "trade Finley" talk..
4. an official ban on anyone wishing for the "good ole day of NVE"!!!
5. LRB to remain funny....but less irritating[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
6. kg to remain angry and unwilling to back down from anyone![img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]
7. general NBA talk to be kept out of Mavs talk...(good luck there)
8. creative topics...keep em coming
9. wisdom shared to all, patience for the newbies, and a punk slap to anyone who is just plain stupid!
10. and free hot dogs....(it is worth repeating)

all in all, I'm sure you will do us proud......OH ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY! HOW SERIOUSLY SHOULD WE TAKE THIS????

congrats

LONG LIVE HOOP!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 03:20 PM   #29
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: seelenjaeger
btw - congrats not only to the first AUSSIE mod, but also to the first GERMAN mod [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
yaaaaahoooo... guess that's exactly what we wanted - a total control round-the-clock ! [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
no loopholes anymore to behave boorishly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...

anyway - congrats !
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 04:45 PM   #30
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I am humbled to be in the presence of such fine mods...
Old 10-30-2003, 05:42 PM   #31
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
I am humbled to be in the presence of such fine mods...
don't say this...the've got big heads as it is......quick, I must counteract this statement: you all suck!....maybe this will work....must keep the balance!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 05:59 PM   #32
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

Congrats!

Good choices...[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]
Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 07:40 PM   #33
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

These four mods are the perfect choices. Congrats LRB, VERUCA, FIDEL AND KG.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:38 PM   #34
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Oh you're all so nice.
I'm looking forward to banning you all.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 09:08 PM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Quote:
Originally posted by: Fidel

As far as you keep calling members "Trolls" when they aren't, I will continue to posting against you, no matter if you consider "weak" a point; you don't have any priviledge to judge posts, less when you can't prove that the other posters aren't more intelligent or worse posters than you.
sure he does..he's a mod
Old 10-31-2003, 01:25 PM   #36
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

I disagree with KG as a choice- I find him a little too abrasive.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:30 PM   #37
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Oh please....you guys quit kissing the mods asses. The only one remotely worth kissing is verucas anyways.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 02:52 PM   #38
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dallas_esq
I disagree with KG as a choice- I find him a little too abrasive.
You love me. You know you do.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:45 PM   #39
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Congrats, guys!
Old 10-31-2003, 05:24 PM   #40
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo! Congrats to the new mods!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote