Old 12-10-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
Nowitness41

Nowitness41 is on a distinguished road
Default Suns get J-Rich.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...diaw_and_bell/
Old 12-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Kerr is F-ing up the Suns.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #3
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I saw this on a site but didn't see it on ESPN. Is it legit? Kerr is just going backwards. He gets rid of Marion than gets rid of D'Antoni so we assume he's going for a more defensive approach and then gets rid of Raja Bell. What a mess defensively. Outside of Shaq and Barnes no one on the team can guard.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
Nowitness41

Nowitness41 is on a distinguished road

Yeah it was just on SportsCenter also.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #5
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

damn, wish the mavs could have landed J-Rich
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

There was no available player in the NBA more perfectly suited for the Mavs. And now he's a Sun... Makes me sad to know he was on the block and Dallas couldn't find a way to get him.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #7
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Windmill360; 12-10-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

That's nice for PHX.

Diaw was a bad signing and Barnes does a lot of what Bell does so while they lose some depth, they'll be all right. JRich is going to do well on the break with Nash and on the perimeter with Amare/Shaq inside.

On talent, Phoenix comes out ahead IMO. Not sure what the dollar impact is.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #9
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I wonder how Amare's going to react with another scorer taking attention away from him. If he doesn't feel like 'the man' now then he's not going to when Richardson is chucking a couple ill-advised shots every night. He'll benefit heavily from Nash giving him better looks than he's used to, and after playing as the man in Charlotte being the 3rd/4th option will be a welcome change. Good move for the Suns.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #10
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

With Barnes and Bell at the 3 they were not getting very many points from the perimeter. JRich helps that out a lot, opens up the paint for the 2 monsters.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #11
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

now they reaaaaallly have no defense.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #12
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Bell's a fine three-point shooter, at least as good behind the arc as Richardson, so I'm not sure how this trade really opens up the paint for the Suns.

That said, Richardson's probably the most talented player in the deal, so I think you have to say this was a win for the Suns.

Interestingly enough, though, if you scan through the +/- on 82games (including player pairs data), it sure doesn't look like Raja and Diaw have been the problem on that team. And man is their frontcourt thin.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #13
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Suns offense just got better. Suns' perimeter defense just went from pretty bad to, well, really bad.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #14
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Nash
Richardson
Barnes
Amare
Shaq

dammit.

Bell/Diaw???? That's it??? They didn't even have to touch Nash or Shaq or Amare or Leandro or their young guys like Lopez or Dragic. Their 5th and 6th best players for Charlotte's best player and a 2nd rounder. That's like trading Bass and Barea.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #15
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

at least they pretty much lost tonight's game against the Lakers without Shaq/Diaw/Raja

there will be a big increase in Boris's fantasy numbers IMHO.

Contact Me
Old 12-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #16
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Man just when i taught the suns won't make the playoffs
Well, somebodies gotta miss them.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #17
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Nash
Richardson
Barnes
Amare
Shaq

dammit.

Bell/Diaw???? That's it??? They didn't even have to touch Nash or Shaq or Amare or Leandro or their young guys like Lopez or Dragic. Their 5th and 6th best players for Charlotte's best player and a 2nd rounder. That's like trading Bass and Barea.

+

Suns got a great deal. Especially dumping Diaws contract. Kinda disappoints me the Mavs weren't able to or wouldn't grab him. F
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #18
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

What a freaking steal for the Suns.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #19
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

It seems like a win-win for both teams. The Bobcats already had Gerald Wallace so really Jrich was expendable. The Bobcats needed a powerforward to go with Emeka Okafor.

The Suns needed a shake up and this is just what they needed.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:39 PM   #20
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so who is the PF they got? Diaw sucks and seems to have lost his confidence.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #21
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
I wonder how Amare's going to react with another scorer taking attention away from him. If he doesn't feel like 'the man' now then he's not going to when Richardson is chucking a couple ill-advised shots every night. He'll benefit heavily from Nash giving him better looks than he's used to, and after playing as the man in Charlotte being the 3rd/4th option will be a welcome change. Good move for the Suns.
This will be interesting and for Amare. Amare amazes me now with his outside shot. I never knew he could bomb away and hit shot after shot from the outside but if they want to win playoff games and possibly a title, Amare needs to dunk all nba players thru the basket. Like Lebron does. A dunk is a high % shot and most of the time you get fouled also. He is so good in the lane. Shaq sometimes has signs of a younger Shaq.

I think this is going to help the Suns and maybe alot. Now Nash has another Marion dunking the ball with Rich and he also can hit him with 3's. If i was Amare, i would want a title because i am finally seeing Nash slow down some. Nash hasn't got long and when Nash goes, Shaq will go and Amare will slow way down. Nash is the heart. Now Nash, Rich, Amare are very dangerous and Shaq can be down low. Barnes plays alot like Bell and is 2" taller. Diaw looked like he was going to be good but he just don't like playing down low and he is to eratic but has size.

If they can get good play from Hill, some from Lopez, and now they must stay healthy but this bunch is very prone for injury. Nash, Rich, Shaq, Amare, Hill and Barnes.

Jared Dudley at 6'7" will benefit rom Nash also and he will help the Suns also. Richardson shooting an amazing 46% from 3 line, Nash shooting 42% from 3 can really stretch a defense where it leaves Amare and Shaq one on one in the painted area could be good. Amare shoots a whopping 56% and Shaq 60%. These are amazing numbers and n numbers that have a title but they don't play good defense, they are thin on the bench, and have alot of guys injury prone.

Barnes shoots 47%. I do not blame the Suns for what they did. Nash and Shaq and maybe even Hill are about done. They need a title this year and the Lakers are stacked. Amare needs to play team ball and go in the paint alot and throw it down. Rich will help Shaq alot and also Nash. Can this team play any defense, can they stay healthy, can these 6 to 8 main guys log huge minutes, can Barbosa be less eratic. If alot of those things break right, they have a shot. It will be interesting because if they did nothing, they were toast.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:20 PM   #22
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Richard is going to kill us again now.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #23
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

He opens up the court more and Phx needs this as they need Shaq and Amare down low and open. Rich can go in dunking or bombing 3's and Nash will be perfect for him.

We did Harris for Kidd for one to three years and that was it. Phx is doing this in a time window of now or next year. A problem for all the west is the Lakers are not only good to great but they are younger than alot of teams or a good mix, plus they have a bench. They are deep. Phx is trying but the guys on that team will have to log alot of mins because they have no bench or not to deep.

I am actually proud of our coach knowing we will lose to good teams, so shake things up and use Barea and make teams match up to us and atleast he can drive and score. It makes us have a chance because of simply offense. Phx and Dallas are going to have a tough time on defense stopping trees in the 4th in the paint or guys like Paul, Gino, Parker, Kobe out front. I hope the west gets better, all teams, to compete with the Lakers. I'm not a Lakers fan.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:48 PM   #24
alby
Guru

If Jordan needed a front court, we could have offered Bass or something.

Like I said, dammit.

Just when I thought we were a shoe in for the playoffs.

Contact Me
Old 12-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #25
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

We might make a trade.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:18 AM   #26
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Helluva deal for the Suns, getting a 20+ point scorer for garbage. He would've been great in a Mavs uni, we better have at least made an offer for him.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:32 AM   #27
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

The Mavs will land a better deal, soon. I can feel it.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:16 AM   #28
alby
Guru

You know you've lost faith in the FO when there is a genuine questioning about whether or not they made attempt to go after Jason Richardson or not.

Contact Me
Old 12-11-2008, 04:23 AM   #29
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Honestly, what package could we have offered that would have been superior to the Suns' combination of Bell/Diaw? Apparently, the Bobcats intentionally downgraded the 2 and upgraded the 4 in hopes to get better overall.

We could have offered Bass who might have been of interest. But other than that, we pretty much don't have any guard the calibre of Bell that we would want to give up.

Phoenix' starting 5 looks nice after the trade, especially offensively, but their bench has really gotten thin. Their starters will have to play heavy minutes, which Shaq doesn't do anymore, and any injuries would significantly weaken their chances.

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out. But just because the Suns did a trade, it doesn't mean that our front office should panic and do a trade simply to change something. If a trade were to be done, I would like one without Josh as its centerpiece because almost every idea including Josh seems to be a zero-sum game and could potentially make us worse.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #30
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I can't believe Richardson was on the block and we didn't make a move to get him. Phoenix definitely won that trade and now we're still sitting here with Antoine Wright and Devean George fighting it out for the 2 guard spot.

This was our chance to finally get that missing piece and the FO fell on their faces...again.

Pathetic.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #31
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Bobcats upgraded for a Brown team. Bell and Diaw are much better players for Brown who emphasizes defense than JRich was. Of course they lost a little offense though.

DJ, Bell, Wallace, Diaw, and Okafor looks pretty stout on paper. They still really need a center and move Diaw to backup Okafor and Wallace -- but they look like they could be just pretty darn good in a few years. Actually Diop makes lots of sense to that team as being a Ben Wallace clone who stops the rim stuff.

I think this might be a win win for these teams. Now Charlotte has to define the Okafor, Wallace, and Diaw roles to make this work out -- but it is possible for sure.

Phoenix just got tougher -- but their defense looks just awful to me. Nash, Amare aren't known for playing defense at all. JRich and Shaq play little D, and Shaq is losing it quickly. They are going to have to win 120 -110, IMO to make this one work.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #32
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Great offense, no defense - why'd they get rid of D'Antoni, again???

The New Phoenix Suns, same as the Old Phoenix Suns...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #33
alby
Guru

Barnes = younger/taller/longer Raja
JRich >>>> Diaw

I don't think their defense suffered IMHO

Contact Me
Old 12-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #34
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Barnes = younger/taller/longer Raja
JRich >>>> Diaw

I don't think their defense suffered IMHO
They already had Barnes though at the SF. Bell/Barnes is better D than JRich/Barnes.
Diaw brought some O to the SF/PF -- lots more when used as Amare instead of with Amare.

I still don't see my D there. Nash, JRich, Barnes, Amare, Shaq with a bench of Barbosa and ????'s.

Barnes plays some D, at times, and Shaq did when younger, but this team I don't think has the D to shut down LA, and the O is only close to LA.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 12-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #35
alby
Guru

^ do you think this trade hurts or helps Phoenix

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-11-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #36
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

This trade is about the arrogance of Larry Brown believing that he can win with less talented players as long as they "play the right way".
Old 12-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #37
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

What is the deal with spare ex point gaurds mucking up beautiful teams (Avery, Kerr, Porter)? Try to turn Dirk into a post player and take away his threes, trade Marion for Shaq, turn Nash into an entry passer. They couldn't do much but shoot the ball and feed the post as players, so they won't let thier skilled perimeter guys play.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:51 PM   #38
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
^ do you think this trade hurts or helps Phoenix
I am guessing it will help with the new offense they are running. Possibly bringing them up to 6th in West.

I do not think it will be close to enough to get past the Lakers or San Antonio though and their window is awfully small.

I think they did it for a shot this year and next, but will totally retool around Amare and Richardson in 2010. Shaq, Nash, Hill gone. Big dollars available.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #39
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
This trade is about the arrogance of Larry Brown believing that he can win with less talented players as long as they "play the right way".
It very well could be -- of course it very well could be that LB is correct.

Everyone playing their role helps at times. Trying to do too much/little can destroy a team, especially if players think they should do this, when the rest of the team is doing that.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #40
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

big trade, good for the suns
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote