Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-21-2008, 02:21 AM   #1
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future
Default Chicago Bulls

I haven't done the numbers or anything, but what about...

Chicago gets
Josh Howard
Devean George
Jerry Stackhouse

Dallas gets
Andres Nocioni
Kirk Hinrich
Joahkim Noah

I figure The Bulls will need some veteran leadership to go with their coveted #1 pick, and this may be the best we can get for Josh Howard. I've always liked Nocioni's game I'd take him over Josh Howard anyway, he adds much needed toughness to this team. (too late now but if Avery wanted to be like the Spurs you get tough international players to go with Dirk not make Dirk be like TD) Hinrich had one bad year I know but I don't think he's useless and he could backup and maybe take over for Kidd after he retires. I think a new system would be good for him anyway. Noah could be a much needed scrappy energy man. Not like we'd be giving up much in George and Stackhouse. Wish we could get Deng for J-Ho but that's unrealistic.

Some may say we can get more for Josh Howard yet some of the ideas on this forum seem unplausable to me, such as Jermaine O'Neal for J-Ho. Why in the hell would Indiana trade their best player for someone who's a 2nd option at best (probably more suited as a 3rd option) and dissapears in the 2nd half?

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 05-21-2008 at 02:49 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2008, 02:48 AM   #2
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

No way the Bulls do that. They are getting 2 Old guys on their last legs (stack because he is old and george bc he never did anything worth mentioning in the last 5 years) --- and a high (not flying) swingman.

Noah is way too young and I think the Bulls like the way he thinks / acts..he is a winner. If they draft Rose they may consider dumping Hinrich's contract..but he has shown flashes where he can be really good. I see him averaging 17-7 consistently for awhile. But is that worth 10 mil? From what i see with Hinrich he plays hard every night..and his defense is rumored to be pretty good.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:25 AM   #3
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

i would LOVE to have Hinrich here. he's probably available now.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

No telling what is available in Chicago now that they have the #1 pick.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Chicago can't pass up on the local hero, Rose is going back home. With that being said, they can't have Hughes/Hinrich/Gordon/Duhon along with Rose. Two of them will have to go. Hughes's contract is too massive to move IMO unless they are willing to take back bad contracts as well and Duhon would be a great third guard and would be much cheaper than Gordon/Hinrich.

1. Will Chicago let Ben Gordon walk in free agency for nothing?
2. Hinrich is on the table, every GM knows it, so hopefully there's not an idiot out there driving up the price.

If they go the Beasley route, they can't have Nocioni/Deng/Gooden/Sefolosha/Thomas along with Beasley. Gooden is locked up, Thomas is young and has a lot of upside, Sefolosha is an amazing defensive player which leaves Nocioni and Deng.

1. Are the Bulls going to allow Deng to walk for nothing in return?

This team is loaded with assets right now, so many possibilities, so many players... Hopefully Donnie is in the middle of everything, I would love Nocioni here as our backup SF/PF.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #6
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The Bulls have been resistant on trading away their chips and that just makes it very risky for them to have them walk away for nothing. They just have to stay on top of the situation and if they can't keep them, find a way to get something back. I can't figure they would let multiple pieces go away without getting anything back.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #7
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

that sounds good~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #8
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I got the horse seal of approval. Now nobody can disagree. This trade is officially a great idea.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:33 PM   #9
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I wouldn't do such a trade. I don't think it fills any of the Mavericks' needs.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:01 AM   #10
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

tyrus thomas over noah

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:26 PM   #11
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
1. Will Chicago let Ben Gordon walk in free agency for nothing?
2. Hinrich is on the table, every GM knows it, so hopefully there's not an idiot out there driving up the price.
Hinrich...
There will be several idiots driving up the price, right up to the point where he will be over payed.
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:00 PM   #12
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

I don't think this is a realistic trade--Chicago gives up way too much.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #13
DIRKNOWITZKI

DIRKNOWITZKI is on a distinguished road

i think chicago would do it, because they offered nocioni, thomas, noah, sefolosha, griffin and hinrich for gasol and miller
DIRKNOWITZKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:53 PM   #14
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

gasol was an inside presence that they desperately needed...if they take rose, they will be looking to trade guards, hinrich...beasley they will be looking to trade forwards, nocioni, or thomas,or sefolosha, or two or three of those guys

by the end of summer, chicago will have made some kind of trade
chosen_one8976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #15
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Great, trade one pot head for another.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #16
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Great, trade one pot head for another.
Doesn't that happen 30-60% of the time?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #17
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Nope, too many white boys on one team. No more white guys!
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:59 PM   #18
randyman

randyman will become famous soon enough

How about Jason Kidd for Heinrich and Larry Hughes?

The numbers work.

I assume they would pick Rose and might not need Heinrich. They could have Kidd mentor Rose for a year before Kidd's contract falls off and have alot of capspace open up.

Plus they would be dumping alot of salary and get rid of Hughes who really doesn't fit with their young players.

pg - Heinrich
sg - Hughes
sf - Howard
pf - Dirk
c - Damp

That might not be so bad.
randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #19
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Yeah then we could trade Terry elsewhere. I always felt Larry Hughes = JET but he plays better defense.

But I don't know if I want Heinrich taking over as pg immediately. Maybe as a backup to Kidd.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 06-11-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:11 PM   #20
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Hughes has shot like less than 40% the past 3 years... Terry is far more efficient offensively.

Heinrich/Hughes = puke.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #21
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Hughes has had injury concerns but I think Lebron James was unwilling to let Hughes flourish in Cleveland as many analysts say too.

Anyway I want Nocioni like I said we need a player with some balls.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:35 PM   #22
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac
Nope, too many white boys on one team. No more white guys!

Ah damn, see I was thinking something like :

NASH
M. Ginobili
AK47
Dirk
KAman

bench:
Hinrich
M. Miller
J KApono/B bArry
Andrea Bargnani
B Miller BIG Z
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:50 AM   #23
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

for a bunch of white boys, thats a pretty damn good team, hell that would be one of the best teams in history lol
chosen_one8976 is offline   Reply With Quote