Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #481
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
You're not alone.
Uhm. What have JJB and JKidd got to do on the court at the same time ?
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #482
cxb65
Golden Member

cxb65 is an unknown quantity at this point

if Wood does not play tomorrow, Dirk probably need to play another 40+ mins game
cxb65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #483
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrav4 View Post
Not if he benches our second leading scorer most of the Fourth quarter.
you mean like he did with Butler a couple games ago?

You people are just unbearable sometimes.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #484
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

NBA.com says this is our first 10 game win streak since 97. Not too shabby.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #485
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

This team fights for everything. You gotta love that effort.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #486
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

JJB made some key plays: that tip-in (!), two charges drawn, steal and pass-ahead to Marion, and some baskets. Definitely deserved to be on the floor.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #487
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

The Mavs won by 7 too many.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #488
walter

walter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I, a JJB "hater", thought he was solid tonight. That said, you cannot possibly compare Roddy "jacking up a couple bad shots" to JJB. One guy was 9-14, the other was 3-9....c'mon.
This.

Give me the guy that goes 9-14 and takes a couple bad shots than the guy who takes decent shots and still goes 3-9. This has been going on for a while with barea; he seems to have no confidence in his shot.
walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #489
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Btw Barea and Beaubois getting confident is what we'll need for the playoffs. Terry being out might be a blessing in disguise. It sucks that Haywood was out though.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #490
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
haha I was about to post that too...

"Mavericks hold off Kings to secure first 10-game win streak since 1997"

yikes, almost as bad as Sefko.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #491
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
You mean since... '07?

Edit: Oh.. heh, I see...

Last edited by particleman; 03-05-2010 at 11:05 PM.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #492
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Should say 2006-2007. We had several 10+ game win streaks that year (including a 17-game streak).

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #493
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

We are great, aint we?
Old 03-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #494
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
Worst. Nickname. Ever.
agreed. The thief?

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #495
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not if he benches our second leading scorer most of the Fourth quarter.
http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/ga...01&game=DALCHA

I assume you're starting the fire Carlisle movement then?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #496
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
I didn't say anything bad about JJ. I personally wanted Roddy to play in the fourth quarter, because he was our Second leading scorer. Dirk was our only real threat most of the last quarter. If he is off by a little on one of those shots we lose. Casey was taking a HUGE gamble IMO by not using Roddy to spread the floor for Dirk.
As others have already said a few times now... RoddyB looked hurt. That is most likely why he did not play in the 4th. After that take back tumble he was limping pretty hard back to the bench. The coach just went with the play making ability of JJB over Stevenson's D... since JJB had been playing better than Stevenson on D and O tonight.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #497
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
If you've got the game recorded or tivo'd, take another look at the Dirk fade away with 9:23 left in the fourth...he's got both feet facing almost dead away from the basket when he jumps.
Yeah, I remember thinking that his footwork was all wrong on that shot. Crazy shot.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #498
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Should say 2006-2007. We had several 10+ game win streaks that year (including a 17-game streak).
Yeah, I was about to say......... wtf, we had a bunch of those! How soon people forget ("professionals......").
Old 03-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #499
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Quote:
Casey was taking a HUGE gamble IMO by not using Roddy to spread the floor for Dirk.
Say no more.....glad we pulled out a win anyway but Dirk will need more help tomorrow.....he looks exhausted tonight. 10+

MFFL....
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #500
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
you mean like he did with Butler a couple games ago?

You people are just unbearable sometimes.
Benching our second leading scorer in the fourth is laughable no matter who the coach is.

And there is no double standard here. I don't hate Barea, I do not think ANY Mav should play a whole quarter. Let alone our 7th best player.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #501
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA.com
Mavericks hold off Kings to secure first 10-game win streak since 1997
Typo? They must mean 2007. I definitely remember like a 17 game streak in 06-07.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #502
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Benching our second leading scorer in the fourth is laughable no matter who the coach is.

And there is no double standard here. I don't hate Barea, I do not think ANY Mav should play a whole quarter. Let alone our 7th best player.
Again, I reiterate, I assume you're going to spearhead the fire Carlisle movement on this board then?

http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/ga...01&game=DALCHA

Quote:
Old 03-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #503
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

If Roddy was actually hurt, then I understand not playing him. But, I hate to see any of our players play a whole quarter whether they are kinda old (Kidd) or not a superstar (Barea, Roddy, etc.).
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #504
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
If Roddy was actually hurt, then I understand not playing him. But, I hate to see any of our players play a whole quarter whether they are kinda old (Kidd) or not a superstar (Barea, Roddy, etc.).
that's definitely fair.

on an unrelated note, is it safe to say that JJB must either have incriminating photos of both Carlisle AND Casey, or the coaching staff must hold his ability to hold down the fort in some pretty high regard? I thought he was great in the 2nd half.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2010, 11:16 PM   #505
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
I don't understand it either. He has been in a major slump but I think this was actually one of his better games. He may have shot a little too much but he did a lot on the defensive side and made some nice passes.
Barea was good tonight, but Roddy was great. He should have been out there.

Im just glad we won tonight. No Haywood, Jet, or coach. Good win.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #506
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Barea was good tonight, but Roddy was great. He should have been out there.

Im just glad we won tonight. No Haywood, Jet, or coach. Good win.
Oh I understand that. And I would have preferred to have Roddy out there on the 4th as well. However, as I mentioned earlier, I think he was kept on the bench because he got "injured." After the game, you could see him limping a bit.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:12 AM   #507
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

The old mavs would have lost badly against all the adversity. I <8 Cuban.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:58 AM   #508
DallasMavs_41

DallasMavs_41 is on a distinguished road

Good win, loves Stevenson's impression of the JET.
DallasMavs_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:02 AM   #509
Emjo21

Emjo21 is on a distinguished road

Stevenson's turning out to be a nice add-on to the trade.
Emjo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:17 AM   #510
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Stevenson has been the perfect role player honestly. He might not hit the jumper consistently, but he brings some size, he knows his role, and he really does bring some toughness to this club. He also is a better defender than I remember which is nice. He's basically a bigger, badder Quinton Ross.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #511
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter View Post
This.

Give me the guy that goes 9-14 and takes a couple bad shots than the guy who takes decent shots and still goes 3-9. This has been going on for a while with barea; he seems to have no confidence in his shot.
It's not just about confidence, he's simply an average jumpshooter, his mechanics are ugly, and he's a streaky shooter, always was. Never seen someone shooting rainbows with that little rotation on the ball, that's because he shoots with his legs, and torso. His follow through is bad as well. Just not a good shooter, really. He played a really good game though with some key plays, and again, shared the ball! 7 assists and 0 TO's, that's really nice. His passing game is really good lately.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 03-06-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choking on whistles, gdt 09/10, thread start battle, what is a mavs777?