Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I love 2k11.

http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comm...ital-problems/

It’s not uncommon for a developer to adjust a player’s ratings in a video game after problems on the field. 2K Sports has taken it a step further by lowering San Antonio point guard Tony Parker’s NBA 2K11 loyalty due to his reported affair.

Parker and Eva Longoria have ended their celebrity marriage amid rumors that he had an affair with a former teammate’s wife.

In a tongue-in-cheek part of its most recent update, 2K Sports lowered Parker’s loyalty rating to 0 and increased his “steal” rating to 79. This is the first time I’ve seen an update quite like this, to be certain. Ordinarily, I would question changing a player’s ratings for an off-court transgression but a teammate’s wife?

There’s no possible way that could be good for team chemistry. The loyalty rating is primarily used in the game’s Association mode and determines how likely a player is to resign with his current team.

There have been persistent rumors that Parker might depart the small market of San Antonio for the bright lights of someplace such as New York. Those rumors surround just about every free agent with dwindling time on his current contract, though. Even LeBron James, who had one foot out the door during Cleveland’s 2010 playoff run, didn’t garner a “zero” in loyalty. 2K Sports is clearly having some fun at the point guard’s expense. Another point worth noting: Parker was the cover athlete for the 2008 edition of NBA Live. EA Sports is 2K’s chief rival for basketball simulations, so that’s yet another reason for 2K Sports to rattle Parker’s cage.

There are some actual basketball-related updates to the latest patch, though. It fine tunes the game’s analog-based “shot stick” controls and takes care of freezing and glitches in My Player and Association Modes.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-30-2010 at 02:02 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote