Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-26-2006, 01:37 AM   #1
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Question Which player shall rise from mediocrity?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...a2010_breakout

Juat wonedring what some of you though on this?? Before I opened it I was sure that Harris might be the top pick and hes not even there. That could be that hes better than most of those guys, but i dont think thats completly true and hes defenitly got room for improvement. I am saying that i m surprised that hes not there.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2006, 01:52 AM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I think those are actually some decent picks, I think J.R. Smith would be my pick. I think going to Denver will help him a lot.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:01 AM   #3
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

gerald wallace is a horrible pick. He is already a top 50 player in the nba. Could he get better? Yes but he cant make the quantum leap that diaw did because hes already good...
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:52 PM   #4
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Head of Turk Glue
Old 09-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #5
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I would also say that JR Smith is probably a good pik....i think he'll have a chnace to break out in Denver.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 09-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #6
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...a2010_breakout

Juat wonedring what some of you though on this?? Before I opened it I was sure that Harris might be the top pick and hes not even there. That could be that hes better than most of those guys, but i dont think thats completly true and hes defenitly got room for improvement. I am saying that i m surprised that hes not there.
They must of thought he already broke out of mediocrity after a nice playoff run.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:07 PM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Harris doesn't qualify as mediocre and neither does Gerald Wallace.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 09-26-2006, 08:09 PM   #8
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Man, all this Gerald Wallace though, tap them breaks. No one else subscribes to the "player putting up big numbers on a bad team" philosophy anymore?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:33 PM   #9
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Man, all this Gerald Wallace though, tap them breaks. No one else subscribes to the "player putting up big numbers on a bad team" philosophy anymore?
That only applies when the numbers are offensive or rebounding and or innefficient
Old 09-26-2006, 08:38 PM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
I definetly wouldn't call him a star or anything, but he isn't mediocre.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #11
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

He's barely above average and it's shocks me that people compare him to JHO. It's ALOT harder to put up numbers on a bad team. And your numbers are skewed big time if a lot of your points come on easy dunks and layups created by teammates. Remember how great he was with the Kings?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:44 PM   #12
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1MavsFan
They must of thought he already broke out of mediocrity after a nice playoff run.
Well the reason i mention Harris there is because Wallace is there. And in one thread i saw many people say that Wallace is better than Howard. So if Wallace is better than Howard and he is still there, does that Make Harris better than both and does it mean that Howard could be on there too. In my opinion Wallace is not better than Howard and Harris is not better than either rite now.

........GO MAVS
Old 09-26-2006, 10:49 PM   #13
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
In my opinion Wallace is not better than Howard and Harris is not better than either rite now.
I agree. Wallace nor Devin belong on that list.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:55 PM   #14
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

I'm not so sure harris isn't better after seeing him in the spurs series. He outplayed one of the best point guards in the league that has won it all before. Performances like that change a lot of peoples minds.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:10 PM   #15
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not so sure harris isn't better after seeing him in the spurs series. He outplayed one of the best point guards in the league that has won it all before. Performances like that change a lot of peoples minds.
Soo are you saying that Harris is better than Howard....I mean i think Wallace and Harris are good players. Wallace is better than Harris now becasue of experiance. But wow to say that Harris and Wallace are better than Howard...is a lil too much....what would be the point of re signing him then.Howard is the 3rd best player in the team rite now.

........GO MAVS
Old 09-26-2006, 11:17 PM   #16
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

I never said better than Harris. I find it amusing people compare Wallace to JHO. JHO is a really good 2nd option on a top 3 team who's well on his way to becoming a star while Wallace is a stat padder on a bad team.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:27 AM   #17
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I never said better than Harris. I find it amusing people compare Wallace to JHO. JHO is a really good 2nd option on a top 3 team who's well on his way to becoming a star while Wallace is a stat padder on a bad team.
jho is a good player who is a 3rd option on a great team that benefits GREATLY from playing with dirk. I think many of you would be surprised how average he would look playing without dirk or one of the other super pfs....
Old 09-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #18
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

gerald wallace owns

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:11 AM   #19
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see Josh have a breakout year - I think he has the makings of a superstar, he just hasn't learned how to put it all together yet... [although that statement probably applies to a sizeable amount of players in the NBA...]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:18 PM   #20
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly can't imagine how people call Gerald Wallace an "above average" player when he averaged 2 blocks/2 steals last season. If Josh was doing that, the homers here with their blinders would be saying that he should have won DPOY hands down. It's ridiculous. I've never said anything closely resembling "Gerald Wallace is a way better player than Josh" but I definitely think he's every bit as good, and in my estimation, probably a little bit better.

Say what you want about him shooting a high percentage because most of his shots are assisted; isn't that the same for most swingmen that shoot a high percentage? But the dude is putting up numbers that honestly compare VERY favorably to Josh's, and some people here won't even put them in the same atmosphere. It's ridiculous.

The whole "padding his stats on a bad team" argument is incredibly lame to me, too.. I actually feel that it's tougher to put up good numbers on a team where you don't have a lot of scorers/talent (period) on the team. How in the world would it be easy? If he was shooting something like 43% and taking a pretty high percentage of his teams' shots in a game, I could see the argument. But Gerald has been efficient as hell the past couple of seasons, and I don't think it's by accident. He may very well be the most athletic player in the entire league, bar none.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:43 PM   #21
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e78lXQ-rsBg

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:50 PM   #22
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Bradley's going to return from retirement and have a breakout year
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:41 AM   #23
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
that's awesome! great block.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:56 AM   #24
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

darko......

I just made myself laugh.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:36 AM   #25
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
darko......

Haha, I actually think he might have a pretty good year this year.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #26
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
darko......

I do not know why so many people bash darko. He was never given a chance to play in Detroit. It is not his fault that he was drafted in front of melo, bosh wade. Just like everyone assumed Sam Bowie sucked because he was drafted in front of Jordan. Bowie had a VERY SERVICEABLE CAREER (averages of 11 and 7.5 in 27 minutes...and had years with 16 points and 10 rebounds)...injury plagued

bowie's stats http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bowiesa01.html

Here are Darko's numbers since being given a chance with orlando
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3705

Darko was one of the big reasons why orlando made a huge playoff push at the end of the season...That..and trading stevie franchise!

30 games
20.9 minutes per game
50.8% shooting from field
7.6 points
4.1 rebounds
2.1 blocks!!!!!
1.1 assists

if you calculate that to 35 minutes per game
he has about 14 points, 7.5 reounds, 3.5 blocks!!

That is pretty good. Keep in mind, he is only 21 years old. I would trade half the centers in the league... in a heartbeat for this guy.

Last edited by nikeball; 09-28-2006 at 01:01 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #27
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

oh. and I think darko rises from mediocrity this year
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote