Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-26-2006, 01:34 PM   #41
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I think James would be a great fit, but this tells me that the Mavs are preparing themselves to let Terry walk.

I think it's a mistake to let Daniels go. I have a feeling he's going to turn into something special for the right team. His upside is greater than James.

But it appears that the new roster strategy for the Mavs is to get under the luxury tax level. Dumping Terry and Daniels for Mike James might not help us win a championship, but it will help us cut salary. Will this be the third offseason in a row where the Mavs make a concerted attempt to strip down our roster?
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2006, 01:36 PM   #42
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
I think James would be a great fit, but this tells me that the Mavs are preparing themselves to let Terry walk.

I think it's a mistake to let Daniels go. I have a feeling he's going to turn into something special for the right team. His upside is greater than James.

But it appears that the new roster strategy for the Mavs is to get under the luxury tax level. Dumping Terry and Daniels for Mike James might not help us win a championship, but it will help us cut salary. Will this be the third offseason in a row where the Mavs make a concerted attempt to strip down our roster?
and somehow after two seasons of salary dumps, we had the best season in franchise history.

If that trend continues, let the whole team be paid vet min.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:41 PM   #43
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Just think where we'd be if Cuban was truly willing to invest in the team. It could be argued that he sold the Mavericks championship with his cost cutting moves. Of course, if you're satisfied with making it to the finals and losing, you're probably a pretty happy fan right now. Others of us wonder what could have been.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:49 PM   #44
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Daniels may become better than James, who knows? But right now, James is 20 points, 5.8 assists, better numbers than Daniels ever thought about. I love Daniels, think with playing time and his head screwed on straight, he could be great. But you gotta do this trade........it just makes us that much deeper.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #45
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Marquis Daniels will be better somewhere else, but on this team he's another guard that lacks an outside shot.

In three years has Daniels made ANY improvement in this area? At all? I'm not sure what the stats bear out, but I would say the answer is probably no. I'm tired of having shooting guards that can't SHOOT.

And madape...if there is any meat to this rumor, I disagree that it means the Mavs are prepared to let Terry walk.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 06-26-2006 at 09:36 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #46
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know, I never even thought about just letting Terry walk, until you mentioned it. But it does make a lot of sense. If Terry wants ten million a year or something like that, it makes even more sense. James can probably do everything Terry does, if not more. (What did he average last year? 20 points?) And Daniels simply isn't offering much at this point.

Now THIS would be a money-saving move that makes sense to me, because the talent loss would be minimal, and you would save a lot of money. You are even better off if Harris makes strides next year. And for that matter, you can draft a guard on Wednesday.

If this deal is on the table, Terry ain't getting a big offer from the Mavs, I agree. I'm sure we could keep him around for $5 or $6MM per, though.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:19 PM   #47
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It could be argued that he sold the Mavericks championship with his cost cutting moves.
I really don't think it's at all necessary to say of this proposition that "it could be argued" etc., etc... Not only could this proposition be argued, but it in fact it has been argued ad nauseam and to the point where most of the quasi-regulars, even late-comers such as myself, know the argument by rote.

So, let's all agree that had the 2006 Mavericks' roster comprised:

Dirk Nowitzki
Steve Nash
Michael Finley
Eric Dampier
Desagana Diop
Josh Howard
Adrian Griffin
Antoine Walker
Jerry Stackhouse
Raef Lafrentz
Marquis Daniels
Raja Bell
Devin Harris
Walt Williams
Antawn Jamison
Keith Van Horn
Juwan Howard
Jason Terry
Nick Van Exel
Sean Bradley
Popeye Jones
Antoin Rigadeu

then that indeed would have been a formidable team, albeit one with a very crowded bench.

Cheers

Last edited by alexamenos; 06-26-2006 at 04:01 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #48
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

I am glad everyone here loves him... He is a great, great fit for Avery's system. He is an exceptional defender, and is perfect fit with JET and Stack.

Only down-side: Quetzalcoatl is right; Daniels has the potential to be much better than James.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:57 PM   #49
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

He has the better potential, but hasn't been improving as rapidly as we would hope. He's also not getting the playing time here. James is a perfect fit, so I'd definetly do this deal even though Daniels will go on and improve with the Raptors.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #50
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I love 'Quis, and will remain a fan of his no matter what uniform he puts on. What this deal comes down to for me is, will Avery actually play 'Quis? If yes, then we need to evaluate things like upside & age. If not, then he's just an expensive roster slot, and we have an opportunity to upgrade the PG position. A three-man backcourt of Terry, James & Harris all getting 30-35 minutes looks mighty good to me.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:12 PM   #51
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I don't know how much upside Daniels still has. He's been around three years now, right? He might just remain what he is--which isn't necessarily all that bad but also isn't necessarily all that valuable.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #52
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Please go to nba.com and look at Mike James' career stats.

What on earth makes y'all think he could replace Terry? That's just nuts.

A backcourt rotation of Terry/Harris/James has no height - Harris is the tallest at 6'3" and change.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:34 PM   #53
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
If this deal is on the table, Terry ain't getting a big offer from the Mavs, I agree. I'm sure we could keep him around for $5 or $6MM per, though.
He made $7.5M this year.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:24 PM   #54
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

New rumor, I guess.

http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1374

You have to scroll down a bit. It's under the who goes #1 poll.

All it says really is that Dallas is shopping him and that if Utah's #14 pick is available that is one option they have.

I say if it's available because it sounds like the Suns are thinking about trading both the #21 and #27 picks for Utah's #14.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #55
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

Good link...and that link mentions Jordan Farmer. The Yahoo! Sports mock draft has the Mavs taking Farmer.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:13 PM   #56
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I was thinking that the Mavs could offer Terry a package of around 7 to 8 mil per year for 3 to 4 years. I think that would be fair. Any more and there was no reason not to sign Nash when he left. Terry is a pretty nice player but he is an undersized shooting guard that can't guard either points or shooting guards. He has good handles though he doesn't create well. Everyone thought all year long that ballhandling was the achilles heel of the Mavs. Keep everything the same and the Mavs will still be lacking from the guard spots. I don't think the Mavs had all of their success because those guys were so great. I think most of it had to do with the big German. This team needs better players. I like Quis but if they can get a solid player like James for him then it should be a done deal.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #57
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moEW7...h=mike%20james

I'm bored, so here is some Mike James action.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:44 PM   #58
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If daniels is going to be something special he'd damn well better hurry up about it. He was only barely better than kvh in the playoffs. He's got to get at least an 18foot shot for goodness sakes OR draw a lot more contact in the lane. I dont' see it.

Not sure about james but he sure seems to be a player that could come in and light it up sometimes, marquis can't do that at all anymore. He looks like a pretty solid 3pt shooter of which we are woefully lacking. I'd do it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:46 PM   #59
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd almost like to see us do it just to see the houston fans blow more of a gasket than they normally do. Heh...

Quote:
How in the world can Dallas trade less for more again and again?

Daniels could barely see the floor during the playoffs and now they could trade him for James?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 06-26-2006, 11:20 PM   #60
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
Please go to nba.com and look at Mike James' career stats.

What on earth makes y'all think he could replace Terry? That's just nuts.

A backcourt rotation of Terry/Harris/James has no height - Harris is the tallest at 6'3" and change.
Rhylan, what is it about his stats that makes you think he CAN'T replace Terry? He had a better PER last year than Terry did. He was the 4th-best three-point shooter in the game last year. I guess that you are looking at his back history. But give the guy a break. He has bounced around a lot. He had a hell of a season last year. Maybe he is just getting it together?

I really couldn't care any less about his height. Terry doesn't do anything with his height, as best I can tell. (And I don't even know how tall Terry is, for that matter.) If the question is whether I want Terry for $8MM per year or James for five, I want James. Hell, if the question is who I want regardless of price, I think I want James. He's been great in the playoff games he's been in. His 12 points in 24 minutes rivals anything Terry has ever done, but he does it more consistently. Terry is so in and out.

If the Mavs could replace Terry with James, AND rid themselves of Daniels in the process, I'd be happy with it. Personally, I don't think either Terry or Daniels fit the mold of what the Mavs are trying to build here. And hey, if they could get something in a sign-and-trade for Terry, then the move would be a MAJOR coup.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:22 PM   #61
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Rhylan, what is it about his stats that makes you think he CAN'T replace Terry? He had a better PER last year than Terry did. He was the 4th-best three-point shooter in the game last year. I guess that you are looking at his back history. But give the guy a break. He has bounced around a lot. He had a hell of a season last year. Maybe he is just getting it together?

I really couldn't care any less about his height. Terry doesn't do anything with his height, as best I can tell. (And I don't even know how tall Terry is, for that matter.) If the question is whether I want Terry for $8MM per year or James for five, I want James. Hell, if the question is who I want regardless of price, I think I want James. He's been great in the playoff games he's been in. His 12 points in 24 minutes rivals anything Terry has ever done, but he does it more consistently. Terry is so in and out.

If the Mavs could replace Terry with James, AND rid themselves of Daniels in the process, I'd be happy with it. Personally, I don't think either Terry or Daniels fit the mold of what the Mavs are trying to build here. And hey, if they could get something in a sign-and-trade for Terry, then the move would be a MAJOR coup.

James seems pretty dang studly to me.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:09 AM   #62
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I don't see the fascination with Daniels. He's a non factor. He had ONE good game in the playoffs and that game just happened to be the most important of the season. That ONE game has got everyone's hopes up. If Quis was a viable option, he'd be getting time. Right now, he's a fairly attractive puzzle piece to a number of teams. He gives the mavs nothing. If you can sucker some team into trading a draft pick that nets you Ronnie Brewer, you BETTER make that deal. Brewer is an unbelievable defender. He's a slasher. BUT - even though his jumper is messed up, it's also got promise. Quis' jumper just doesn't show promise to me.

So basically, you trade a guy who gives you nothing for a guy who is already better defensively, has better court vision, and has more potential.

As for Terry/James. I think they're pretty similar. I don't think either one is anything CLOSE to being a pure point guard. If we go into next season with the same "type" playmaker, I see no better outcome. If we can get him for cheap, SURE! I like his game. He's tough. He can hit open 3's. That simple fact makes him a valuable commodity for this team's direction. BUT, he's not going to get you easy baskets in the playoffs. There are very few natural PG's in this league. I would LOVE to have someone like TJ Ford or Heinrick. Give me one of those guys, or someone similar, and all the sudden the offensive burden on Dirk is just a LITTLE bit lighter. I think getting a playmaker at PG is very important right now.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:44 AM   #63
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

We won't go anywhere with James next year.

Nevertheless, I we are going to trade Daniels, I would prefer the Utah (with the 14th pick) option.
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #64
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Personally, I don't think either Terry or Daniels fit the mold of what the Mavs are trying to build here. And hey, if they could get something in a sign-and-trade for Terry, then the move would be a MAJOR coup.
Avery has said many times that Terry fits the type of play he wants the Mavs to play.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 06-27-2006, 01:23 PM   #65
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl
We won't go anywhere with James next year.

Nevertheless, I we are going to trade Daniels, I would prefer the Utah (with the 14th pick) option.

If we had both Terry and James we would definetly go somewhere, and Daniels is a small price to pay for getting James. That being said, if we do resign Terry and Cubes trades Daniels for the #14, who would we pick?

Old 06-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #66
some-dude

some-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
If we had both Terry and James we would definetly go somewhere, and Daniels is a small price to pay for getting James. That being said, if we do resign Terry and Cubes trades Daniels for the #14, who would we pick?
Utah isn't gonna trade the #14 for Daniels.

With talk of Redick's supposed back problems they feel certan he will drop out of the lottery. In that case there's a big chance Utah is trading #14 pick to the Suns for #21 and #27 pick in hopes that can still get Redick and another player at 27.
some-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:42 PM   #67
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I have never understood that either about Jet fitting what avery wants from the team. He almost never drives, he cant defend, and hes not much of a passer for a pg. That is pretty much the opposite of what avery wants from everyone else. Dont get me wrong i love jet, its hard not to when you see any of his interviews but the guy isnt all world or anything.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:10 PM   #68
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I have never understood that either about Jet fitting what avery wants from the team. He almost never drives, he cant defend, and hes not much of a passer for a pg. That is pretty much the opposite of what avery wants from everyone else. Dont get me wrong i love jet, its hard not to when you see any of his interviews but the guy isnt all world or anything.

Yeah, I don't really understand it either, but he's clicked well with Avery and Dirk.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:13 PM   #69
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Houston just offered James MLE.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:13 AM   #70
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Apparently Houston just offered James MLE.
Yeah, but so have we. It might come down to who will offer more in a sign and trade.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:14 AM   #71
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Minnesota is in the running now as well, and that might be a better fit for James than Houston or Dallas.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:14 PM   #72
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I think Minnesota is in the running now as well, and that might be a better fit for James than Houston or Dallas.

Yeah, that's possible. His agent said 5 or 6 teams are after him, but you know how agent's can stretch the truth

Old 07-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #73
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

If I was getting the exact same offer from minny, houston, and dallas... it's a no brainer.

Welcome to the Mavs James.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:56 PM   #74
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Then it could come down to playing time, which could hurt the Mavs' chances.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:38 PM   #75
fluid.forty.one

If he is going to pick a few minutes playing time over the chance to win it all, then he doesn't belong here.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #76
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooby
Then it could come down to playing time, which could hurt the Mavs' chances.
A 31 year old vet will be looking for a ring. The Mavs are his best shot. fluid said it well, he will choose the team with the best shot at a title. He'll come to Dallas.

Old 07-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #77
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
A 31 year old vet will be looking for a ring. The Mavs are his best shot. fluid said it well, he will choose the team with the best shot at a title. He'll come to Dallas.

Especially if all the prices are the same. If you get the same money to be on a championship team, or a lottery team, which are you going to choose? I don't care if I played 1 minute a game, I'm still going to Dallas.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:52 PM   #78
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Especially if all the prices are the same. If you get the same money to be on a championship team, or a lottery team, which are you going to choose? I don't care if I played 1 minute a game, I'm still going to Dallas.
Well, that's basically true. He's not going to choose going to Dallas and playing 1 minute a game over Houston where he'll play 30+.

In this case though, the prices are the same, he'll get good PT in all three places, so he will choose the place with the best shot at a title.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:11 PM   #79
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if the Mavs have a three man rotation at the 1-2 spot, their should be plenty of minutes to go around.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:12 PM   #80
fluid.forty.one

Wouldn't it be 5-man, even without ager? James/Harris/Terry/Stack/Griffin