Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-19-2002, 11:44 AM   #1
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

Cuban and Nellie better be ont he phone right this minute to Chicago.

Miller, Arteest, Mercer, Ollie to Pacers for Rose and Best is the rumored deal. The hold up is Krause not sure he wants a long term contract over the next 5 years for $70+ million for Rose.

Don't know what they would take from us, but this is the kind of deal that makes the Mavs better this year and in the future.

This is the only kind of deal I would consider for Finley + cap filler. But, if Krause is reluctant to take on Rose's deal for 5 more years, why would he want Finley's at 6?
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2002, 01:45 PM   #2
mick

What a missed opportunity!!!! I'm guessing we would have traded something like Finley, Hardaway, Manning, 1st round pick.

Could you imagine

PG: Nash/Ollie/Bell?
SG: Mercer/Griffin/Newman
SF: Arteest/Najera/Harvey
PF: Nowitski/Howard/Wang
C: Miller/Eschmeyer/Bradley

With Bell, Bradley, and Harvey still on IR for now.

Howard would be much better with Miller down low as well. Talk about match up possibilities!

Old 02-19-2002, 02:10 PM   #3
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I agree get on the horn right now. Mick I think they could get it done for less. Say Finley, Manning, Bell and a 2nd. I would hate to see Finley go but for Mercer, Artest, and Miller I have to do it.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 02:36 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Too late..that deal is done. You might be able to swing a deal with Chicago. I would imagine that they would love to have Finley there. I'm just not so sure that I want Finley to be wearing another uniform.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 02:42 PM   #5
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Yep you are right it is posted on nba.com so it is a done deal. I had heard earlier this morning that the Bulls might be balking at Rose's salary and long contract, but obviously it did not stop them from pulling the trigger.

I think this shows that the mavs were not really shopping Finley. I think the Bulls take a Finley, Manning, Buckner, and a 1st or 2nd before the trade they made with the Pacers.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 02:59 PM   #6
mick

Like I said. Missed opportunity. Who would you try and get from Chicago now? Nothing left that they want to trade we can use, at least not for Finley +.

They do have Oakley, Fizer, and Eddie Robinson. Not as good a fit/deal for us long term as the first deal would have been.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:07 PM   #7
mick

Drbio,

I guess you could do this, it works inder salary cap according to Real GM trade checker. Reunites Rose/Howard fab 5 connection.

Fizer is almost a dead-even match for Howard's numbers, it seems.
Oakley gives us Shaq attack ammo. Anthony gives us back up PG. Robinson helps SF position some.

Dallas trades: PF Juwan Howard (12.9 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.8 apg in 31.4 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Marcus Fizer (12.9 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.8 apg in 31.4 minutes)
PG Greg Anthony (8.5 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 5.7 apg in 27.2 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (11.4 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.5 apg in 24.9 minutes)
PF Charles Oakley (4.1 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 25.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +11.1 ppg, +5.4 rpg, and +7.4 apg.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:15 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaah and yet I can still imagine Jerry pulling the trigger on that one.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 04:27 PM   #9
mick

You never know what Chicago will do. None of the guys I mentioned fit in their long term plans. They've been trying to get rid of Fizer for awhile. He was a Floyd guy, remember?

I am not saying it will be a blockbuster/improvement for us like what the Pacer's did, but IF Chicago would do it (Plan C), what it does for us is give us pieces for future trades next year or off season.

You have to remember that the team we have this year is essentially the team we are going to have next year. You may have a different part or two, but we don't have any trade ammo in terms of salary cap matches unless it's Howard for pieces. After Fin, Dirk and Nash, everyone else doesn't make enough to get us to make a significant trade. OK, Bradley, but I'm tryin gto be real here.

At least with this plan C trade proposal, we do get help this year with Oakley down low and about half's Howard's cap relief after the year in Oakley's salary.