Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-08-2004, 05:02 PM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default The Masters

It seems nobody has started a thread about the Masters of the PGA.

My favorite is Michelson, I mean, I would want that he wins it, it's about time. My second choice is Sergio Garcia and my third Els. Tiger has many green suits already

Friday, April 2, 2004
Updated: April 7, 3:17 PM ET

Ranking the favorites, 1 through 94
By John Antonini
Golf World

Phil Mickelson and Ernie Els have yet to win a Masters. Look for one of them to break through this time. They have long been among the favorites to win the Masters, but something always has gone wrong.

Last year Els got off to the best start of his career, hurt himself on a punching bag in March, then opened the Masters with a 79.

Mickelson, despite concerns about the troubled pregnancy of his wife, Amy, finished third for the third straight time.

But 2004 is a healthier and happier year. Els, a habitual world traveler, cut back his schedule by skipping Singapore and La Costa - as well as his sparring - in an effort to be strong for the Masters. Mickelson has concentrated on improving his accuracy and his wedge game, signs he is motivated to win a major.

Which one of them will win the Masters? Sorry Ernie, our choice is Phil.

The ranking (Tiger in 5th!)
Old 04-09-2004, 06:43 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The Masters

Quote:
If Phil Mickelson wins this Masters this year I will personally clean every board members houses (that live within 20 mile radius of D/FW) in a dress while singing whatever song you choose... all while smiling.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:37 PM   #3
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default RE:The Masters

Er....thanks, but I'll pass on that offer U2....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I've seen pictures of you in a mini-skirt and honestly.....YUCK !!!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 03:02 PM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

After two days

Michelson at 4th, 3 strokes behind the leader

Els at 7th, 4 strokes behind the leader

Tiger at 12th, 6 strokes

Sergio at 18th, 7 strokes

Somebody gave Olazabal a chance? He is second!, 2 strokes behind. ( I really had forgotten him)

I don't know Rose, the leader.

Couples, Love III, O'Meara, Price, and Jacobson, also part of my favorites, are close as well.

Old 04-10-2004, 03:28 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Michelson tied in first, after 4 holes today.

(U2, I will want you with a pink mini skirt. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
Old 04-10-2004, 04:22 PM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

After 8 holes, Mickelson alone in first.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:14 PM   #7
Jbrjo

Jbrjo will become famous soon enough

U2 how bout one of those plaid schoolgirl numbers?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Do you know "Hey Ya"??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My toilets could really use a good scrubbing.....
Jbrjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:12 AM   #8
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta say I'm definitely pulling for Mickelson... Lefties UNITE!!!

'cept I caught Phil filling out his scorecard with his right hand.. guess that makes him a wanna-be Lefty.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 02:51 PM   #9
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Lefty will win today.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:25 PM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

U2 will have to clean many houses. Mickelson won and Els was second.

This reading could help Sara:

How to wear a short skirt at any age
By Anne Erickson

Pop culture mythology says skirt lengths rise as the economy improves — so quick, grab one of the season's new minis and buy some stock! Actually, lots of women are probably taking stock right about now. On the runway, tropical print Miu Miu skirts are barely covering booties. Model gams flash beneath barely-there Gaultier creations —is it a skirt or a biggish belt? Even more importantly, what's a regular woman with regular legs to do?

What I'm going to do is go out and buy two full-length mirrors. Then I'm going to get naked and take a long, serious look at the backs of my legs.

Minis in your 20s: Some of this season's miniskirts are seriously short. Kinky short. If you've always wanted to be a walking fetish, now's your chance. But, make sure the scandalous stuff only comes out at night. For daytime, casual minis in denim are everywhere, with ballet flats and summer sandals.

Mini-friendly product: An airbrushed tan. Step into an automated booth in a place like The Sun Shop in Hamburg, New York. You'll emerge $12 poorer, but with a flawless (and safe) golden glow.

Minis in your 30s: Of course — but no bum flashing unless you still get carded every time you go out. Let the younger sisters shock; you can use subtler means to knock 'em dead with a short skirt. Mid-thigh cuts work in a casual office, with a sleek T, kitten heels and a jacket to keep the wolves at bay.

Let's face it, a miniskirt does get noticed by most males. Wear a pantsuit one day and trade the pants for a short skirt the next, and notice the different vibe. I'm not being sexist, it's biology, baby.

Mini-friendly product: Hair-removal creams that don't smell vile (try Nair's Vanilla Smoothie) and post-shave lotions that inhibit hair re-growth. Curel and Jergens both make variations of these.

Minis in your 40s: This is where the miniskirt inspires maximum debate. In a TV station production department filled with fashion-forward women I put up the shout: "Miniskirts in your 30s?" "Sure!" was the resounding answer. "Okay, minis in your 40s?" I asked. A 20-year-old said, "Yes, if you've got the legs." And a producer in her 40s stated, "Sure, but I wouldn't." This spring's look is bare, and wearing it as you enter your fifth decade takes moxie. Go for something like Anna Sui's neat white dress, and steer clear of fringed denim.

Mini-friendly product: Sclerotherapy. This doctor-administered injection gets rid of spider veins, for a somewhat hefty price. It costs between $350 and $500 dollars per vein.

Minis in your 50s: For comfort and style, bring the hemline down quite a few notches. Some things, like pierced tongues, Hello Kitty and skirts that end at the butt are the province of the very young. But a more conservative skirt paired with flats has a freshness that works at any age. Use this formula — do you still wear shorts? Then wear a skirt that's the same length as your shorts. It'll put some polish on what's usually a very casual look.

Mini-friendly product: Great underwear. The new shape is a modified boy cut. It's fashionable, feminine and covers everything nicely.

Old 04-11-2004, 08:41 PM   #11
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Big congratulations to Phil. I can't imagine the pressure that he was feeling but he handled it with great aplomb. Really nice to see him get one after how long he's been in contention. I'm not sure anything can beat the masters for a heart-warming story.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:29 AM   #12
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Who's the best player without a major title now?

Sergio Garcia?

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 08:12 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli
Who's the best player without a major title now?

Sergio Garcia?

Bob Estes
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 11:06 AM   #14
Chiwas
Guru

I don't remember a better Major tournament than this one.

Besides the thrilling finish by Mickelson and Els, there were two hole in one's in the 16th hole, 10 minutes apart one of the other in the last day. In 67 years only there had been 7 hole in one's in that hole.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:14 PM   #15
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I think Sergio's only won 2 or 3 tournaments. So, no.

Mike Weir?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:28 PM   #16
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Mike Weir won the Masters last year.

I don't think there is a clear best player WITHOUT a major right now. I would offer the following people as possibilities:

Kirk Triplett
Colin Montgomerie
Old 04-12-2004, 08:01 PM   #17
Chiwas
Guru

Funny, Kirk Triplett made one of the aces yesterday.

My favorites were 1.- Mickelson, 2.- García, 3.- Els.
They finished 1.- Mickelson, 2.- Els, 4.- García

Not bad considering how bad I'm doing on the basketball predictions.

FINALLY!

P.S.

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
If Phil Mickelson wins this Masters this year I will personally clean every board members houses (that live within 20 mile radius of D/FW) in a dress while singing whatever song you choose... all while smiling.
Where is U2?
Old 04-12-2004, 08:59 PM   #18
dallas_esq
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Funny, Kirk Triplett made one of the aces yesterday.

My favorites were 1.- Mickelson, 2.- García, 3.- Els.
They finished 1.- Mickelson, 2.- Els, 4.- García

Not bad considering how bad I'm doing on the basketball predictions.

FINALLY!

P.S.

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
Where is U2?
Kirk Triplett has like 3 wins in 6 months, maybe 4, I can't remember. He is also in it EVERY week.

U2 is off work today playing with his beautiful children. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 11:44 AM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I am here. And I just KNEW Mickelson would lose. Goes to show I know next to nothing about Golf. Anyway, I am getting my micro-mini black cocktail dress dry cleaned, so let me know dates you prefer me to show up and do my duty.

As to the song thing, yes I know Hey Ya! (I have been warming up my vocal cords since Sunday afternoon).
Old 04-13-2004, 11:50 AM   #20
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Trivial Note: As great as this Master's weekend was, the ratings were actually down from last year, which was down from the year before.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:37 PM   #21
dallas_esq
Golden Member

No Tiger = No Ratings. Hootie doesn't need the money, and CBS will survive.