Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-10-2022, 10:59 PM   #41
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it weird that I don’t want Luka to break Dirk’s record?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2022, 11:03 PM   #42
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

God I love watching the Clippers lose
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 11:23 PM   #43
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

That was a fun one.

Was KP holding the team back this whole time? Time will tell on defense, but on offense there was a lot more flow and a lot more transition and pace.

Only one game, but they had fun out there.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 11:30 PM   #44
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Mann made a huge difference in the game. He's always a thorn in Lukas side. Luka needs to stop going at him 1v1 full court and stay smart. He can get what he wants if he would hit the block against him. Not sure why they only did it once.

But 51 pts by the Kid was rad. He could have had 60.

Dorian had a lackluster game defensively.

Reggie had some clutch rebounds and clutch buckets.

Brunson was a bit hesitant, I'd like to see him stay the same player vs the Clips. He will have a chance to bounce back Sat.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 11:32 PM   #45
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This is definitely a game where Dinwiddie makes a difference. Clippers know how to shut down Brunson and if other teams do that, then you need another playmaker.

Luka is the Dallas Mavericks.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-10-2022 at 11:32 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 11:57 PM   #46
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Can’t believe I missed this game.

Where can I find a replay?
Old 02-11-2022, 12:14 AM   #47
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
This is definitely a game where Dinwiddie makes a difference. Clippers know how to shut down Brunson and if other teams do that, then you need another playmaker.

Luka is the Dallas Mavericks.
That's the biggest unknown

Will Brunson vanish in the playoffs vs teams with length?

MMB
Jalen Brunson must improve against teams with length
The Clippers played Brunson off the floor in the playoffs last year. This year, Brunson’s been spectacular but the games he’s struggled have been against teams with long defenders. When the Mavericks make the playoffs this season, Dallas is likely to see teams with this make up if they advance (the Suns for example).

Brunson’s been the second best Maverick this season (arguably the best in the 2021 portion of the season), so he needs to find a way to be more effective. A 3 of 12 shooting night isn’t good enough (thought he did dish out six assists).
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 10:33 AM   #48
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Everyone knows Mavericks don't have nails. Psh.
Mavs make a lot of games into nailbiters, this one included.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 01:00 PM   #49
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Mavs make a lot of games into nailbiters, this one included.
Haha. Yea. It really shouldn't have been this close. Mann got Luka to take it personal and he got caught up trying to burn him. He made well timed doubles back to Luka off switches and forced him to bring the ball up the floor under pressure. He's annoying AF but I commend him taking on a beast like Luka. He is willing to be embarrassed like Pat Bev and just keep coming back.

Luka and the coaching staff should have stopped the 1v1 revenge garbage and let someone else bring the ball up and let Luka post up Mann. And in fairness to Kidd he was kneeling down in front od Luka during a timeout and maybe he was teaching him. Luka could have conserved energy and feasted on the smaller Mann in the block. That's how you dominate that matchup effectively. Hopefully Luuka learns the better way to get back at an aggressive guy who is quick and relentless. Being at the top of the court 30 feet from the bucket with help defense sagging into the lane isn't it.

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-11-2022 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 01:36 PM   #50
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Haha. Yea. It really shouldn't have been this close. Mann got Luka to take it personal and he got caught up trying to burn him. He made well timed doubles back to Luka off switches and forced him to bring the ball up the floor under pressure. He's annoying AF but I commend him taking on a beast like Luka. He is willing to be embarrassed like Pat Bev and just keep coming back.

Luka and the coaching staff should have stopped the 1v1 revenge garbage and let someone else bring the ball up and let Luka post up Mann. And in fairness to Kidd he was kneeling down in front od Luka during a timeout and maybe he was teaching him. Luka could have conserved energy and feasted on the smaller Mann in the block. That's how you dominate that matchup effectively. Hopefully Luuka learns the better way to get back at an aggressive guy who is quick and relentless. Being at the top of the court 30 feet from the bucket with help defense sagging into the lane isn't it.
I completely agree with all of this. Luka will learn it in time. I like the edge that he has and don’t want to blunt that, but yeah: no need for him to spend endless energy just getting the ball up court. Something Dinwiddie can actually help with too.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 01:55 PM   #51
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I completely agree with all of this. Luka will learn it in time. I like the edge that he has and don’t want to blunt that, but yeah: no need for him to spend endless energy just getting the ball up court. Something Dinwiddie can actually help with too.
For sure. 1 of JB and or Dinwiddie could technically alway be on the court with him. So moving the ball up court shouldn't be a problem anymore. And definitely don't want to dullen his edge. I honestly don't think that's even possible. Some guys are inherently 'that guy, pal', he just needs to learn how to control the force and read what he can take advantage of with efficiency.

To me it would mean, Luka seeing - he's challenging me to take him off the dribble and he's being a bitch about it, so I must defeat him in that fashion because he's a constant pest going back a ways. But it's not just 1v1, he has sagging defenders and random help doubling. So spread it and you can talk your mess as you back him down and embarrass him etc. There's other ways and he will likely learn them all. The kid is soo damn good.

On the other hand I personally like Mann, he's a guy who plays hard ans has some talent and isn't going to shy away from any match-up. You want that guy and hate to play against him...and I'd like to have him.

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-11-2022 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 02:01 PM   #52
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For sure. 1 of JB and or Dinwiddie could technically alway be on the court with him. So moving the ball up court shouldn't be a problem anymore. And definitely don't want to dullen his edge. I honestly don't think that's even possible. Some guys are inherently 'that guy, pal', he just needs to learn how to control the force and read what he can take advantage of with efficiency.

To me it would mean, Luka seeing - he's challenging me to take him off the dribble and he's being a bitch about it, so I must defeat him in that fashion because he's a constant pest going back a ways. But it's not just 1v1, he has sagging defenders and random help doubling. So spread it and you can talk your mess as you back him down and embarrass him etc. There's other ways and he will likely learn them all. The kid is soo damn good.

On the other hand I personally like Mann, he's a guy who plays hard ans has some talent and isn't going to shy away from any match-up. You want that guy and hate to play against him...and I'd like to have him.
I like Mann as a player but he talks a lot. Not just against us. Seen him chirping against other teams too. I just prefer shit talkers to be better at basketball than he is. That’s how I always felt when playing too. The guys that never shut up are annoying as F***, but doubly so if they aren’t one of the best players on the court.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote