Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-20-2022, 06:19 PM   #41
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Great win against a quality opponent. I agree about KP needing more touches, he’ll start hot and then get neglected. Was nice to see Tim play well— his best game in some time. Aggressive but mostly in the flow, took a charge.

Kidd’s rotations have gotten a little loose lately. Wasn’t sure if he was going to sit KP again down the stretch but brought him back under 3:00. Luka played 42 minutes on the first night of a back to back?
It really was a great win. We have given up back to back leads but still found a way to dig deep and finish. Mavs of the past few years probably find a way to lose both those games.

3 things.

Am I the only one who thinks Maxi has the hardest time turning a bad start around? I cant remember the last time he had a tough start and then flipped the script. Maybe I'm wrong.

Regarding KP, we need him getting the same touches late that he had success with early on.

Chriss should have gotten some of Maxis minutes IMO. Dude can't get any time now that we have him under contract. To me, it was a no brainer to bring in Chriss and see if he can't make up for a struggling Maxi and give him some extended rest. DP was hustling his ass off so I get why he stayed in so long.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 01-20-2022 at 06:20 PM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2022, 06:47 PM   #42
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
It really was a great win. We have given up back to back leads but still found a way to dig deep and finish. Mavs of the past few years probably find a way to lose both those games.

3 things.

Am I the only one who thinks Maxi has the hardest time turning a bad start around? I cant remember the last time he had a tough start and then flipped the script. Maybe I'm wrong.

Regarding KP, we need him getting the same touches late that he had success with early on.

Chriss should have gotten some of Maxis minutes IMO. Dude can't get any time now that we have him under contract. To me, it was a no brainer to bring in Chriss and see if he can't make up for a struggling Maxi and give him some extended rest. DP was hustling his ass off so I get why he stayed in so long.
I agree generally about Maxi but he did leave the game early recently so maybe he’s playing through a knee sprain or whatever it was?

I’m perplexed by Kidd’s rotations sometimes and also have wished for Chriss. He and Luka were developing some nice chemistry and he was scorching from deep. Also Green had a nice stretch last night capped by the corner 3 and off the timeout Kidd had taken him out. Found that odd. He wound up playing 7 minutes.

Maybe we will see deeper bench tonight on the b2b, I hope.

Is Nick Nurse the new Thibs? Basically playing without a backup PG. Bunch of guys playing 40+ minutes. They play hard and are a good team but this should be a developmental year for their youth. Surprised Flynn and Banton can’t get any burn.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:27 PM   #43
DannyFortsonBakedPotato
Banned

DannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these partsDannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these partsDannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these parts

Agree, no reason Chriss shouldn't be playing more.
DannyFortsonBakedPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:29 PM   #44
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Did they not travel twice on that fast break?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:30 PM   #45
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

LUKAAAAAAA
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote