Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-21-2022, 01:12 PM   #81
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
That's one of the 2 bad ones. Our defensive scheme is solid but you can't fall asleep like that. Not even for a second in those momwnts. You've worked so hard all game and when you're up about 8 or 9 pts you're gonna get a big push from a contender. Keep grinding on the details like not giving up easy mismatches and scrambling like a virus moving as one. Like we have done before.

The 2 layups after made baskets was embarrassing and deflating too. That was actually the point where I felt we aren't finishing this one and we aren't quite ready.

Again, Kidd is a smart BB dude. I have no doubt he will break down the 4th quarter pushes they had and tell them from experience how the details matter and show them where we fell asleep and got comfy with a little cushion. That was one of the things the championship Mavs did well. Yes, it's easier when minds like an experienced Kidd, Marion and Chandler are on the floor but these kids can be taught.
I mentioned this one before but Dorian running at Biyombo nearly at the 3 point line and then getting backdoor by him for an and-1 was the worst defensive moment of the game. Totally inexplicable. He turned the wrong way almost like he was face guarding him? Just a total random breakdown from probably our best defender at the worst possible time. We were up 1 and the 3 point play from Biyombo put them up 99-97 with like 3 minutes to go. I think that was our last lead.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2022, 01:38 PM   #82
DannyFortsonBakedPotato
Banned

DannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these partsDannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these partsDannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these parts

Once again, DFS, Kleber, and Bullock combine to go 3-15 on wide open threes. This shit is getting so old.

Otherwise, Luka made some sloppy TO's, refs let Phoenix get away with a lot while we didn't get the same leeway. Tough B2B. Biggest issue for me is still guys just missing wide open threes. We can't win in the playoffs if that happens, no matter how good the D is.
DannyFortsonBakedPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 01:41 PM   #83
DannyFortsonBakedPotato
Banned

DannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these partsDannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these partsDannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
A huge issue continues to be our inability to knock down open threes. Kleber, Finney Smith, and Bullock combined to shoot 3 of 15 from three. That is unacceptable. There isn’t a single Maverick in the top 50 for three-point percentage. Finney Smith shows up at 72 with 36.8%.

100%, this. If we had a couple of actual three-point shooters, with the looks Luka gets guys, we'd be a real threat. Bullock should have been one...I dk what his deal is. THJ was never a lights out consistent threat, but this year is trash. Kleber and DFS are average-below average. KP and Brunson are inexplicably bad from three this year. Really frustrating.
DannyFortsonBakedPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 03:26 PM   #84
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I mentioned this one before but Dorian running at Biyombo nearly at the 3 point line and then getting backdoor by him for an and-1 was the worst defensive moment of the game. Totally inexplicable. He turned the wrong way almost like he was face guarding him? Just a total random breakdown from probably our best defender at the worst possible time. We were up 1 and the 3 point play from Biyombo put them up 99-97 with like 3 minutes to go. I think that was our last lead.
Yea. That was terrible. No real excuse for that. Having untimely breakdowns and loss of ffocuses gonna cost you games vs contenders.

Unrelated, I think we were down 3 maybe 99-102 and THJ has an open lane to the basket, but instead of taking it aggressively the mf dribbles backwards to the 3pt line and launches a brick. That kind of sht drives me crazy. Gotta be a big shot hero and tie the game instead of realizing you can get an and 1 potentially or at least get a lay up or dunk. That's just what he do though .. good dude n all.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 01-21-2022 at 03:30 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:18 PM   #85
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yea. That was terrible. No real excuse for that. Having untimely breakdowns and loss of ffocuses gonna cost you games vs contenders.

Unrelated, I think we were down 3 maybe 99-102 and THJ has an open lane to the basket, but instead of taking it aggressively the mf dribbles backwards to the 3pt line and launches a brick. That kind of sht drives me crazy. Gotta be a big shot hero and tie the game instead of realizing you can get an and 1 potentially or at least get a lay up or dunk. That's just what he do though .. good dude n all.
Yes he had all kinds of daylight on that one. Took the 3 from an awkward spot too. Doesn’t attempt or probably even practice many step back 3s from that angle.That said, happy to see him playing better overall. We need him to space the floor and even in a down year he’s one of our best catch and shoot options.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote