Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-15-2022, 10:06 PM   #81
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Well Bertans did what he was brought here for. Came in and knocked down shots. 4-8 from the field. SD looked a little lost, but expected for a player put in his position. 0-4 from the FT line was uncharacteristic. Good win!
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2022, 10:11 PM   #82
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

You can't tell me Bertans isn't a better fit for what Dallas needs than KP was. Before KP's "resurgence" this year most of us would have traded him for Bertans straight up.

Dinwiddie I'm less sure about, but he seemed to play under control and make decent decisions. Unfortunately he also seems to have lost his quickness and agility.
Old 02-15-2022, 10:19 PM   #83
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
You can't tell me Bertans isn't a better fit for what Dallas needs than KP was. Before KP's "resurgence" this year most of us would have traded him for Bertans straight up.

Dinwiddie I'm less sure about, but he seemed to play under control and make decent decisions. Unfortunately he also seems to have lost his quickness and agility.
Maybe offensively, but KP was playing great D this season.
Old 02-15-2022, 10:23 PM   #84
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

I know we all have been tough on Maxi but he stepped up big in the 4th Q tonight. Props
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:43 PM   #85
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
And yet our defense was better with him on the bench (111.5 vs 110.9 points per 100 possession)

You could make the argument that’s because he only played early in the season and our defense got better mid-season, but also KP couldn’t actually get on the floor outside for most of the season

The one thing he did give us was rebounding. We were much better rebounding with him on the floor. Not sure that’s worth max money but it was the one category he was a net positive on.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-15-2022 at 10:45 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:54 PM   #86
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

New guys 16-5-6
Not bad production from the new guys

Dinwiddie was obviously missing some shots but I loved his aggression and passing
Bertans is a flamethrower who doesn’t care. 43% from three tonight
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:56 PM   #87
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

What a 2nd half turn around for Maxi. Damn. I thought he was having another game where he looked lost in the team defensive scheme.

Davis was a pleasant surprise. That was a clean block btw. Spence played under control and had some good dishes but that's to be expected. I would like him to be more aggressive offensively when he gets comfortable here.

Luka came back in the 4th and had 2 really bad possessions. The early shot clock bricked 3 was what I thought was going to lead to the Heats comeback. We just didnt need that shot/wasted possession so damn early. You can't get away with that often against elite teams.

Overall a badass win though.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 11:01 PM   #88
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Kidd this is the one you challenge lol
It was strategically a great call to challenge. They were going to have to take or lose the timeout so they challenged the call. If it's upheld, welp there's the timeout you had to take and it kept a foul off Maxi.

That said, I wouldn't have had a challenge left. I would have used it on Bertans block. Lol. He deserved that one. He hasn't got the message that he is a bad defender

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-15-2022 at 11:02 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 11:31 PM   #89
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
It was strategically a great call to challenge. They were going to have to take or lose the timeout so they challenged the call. If it's upheld, welp there's the timeout you had to take and it kept a foul off Maxi.

That said, I wouldn't have had a challenge left. I would have used it on Bertans block. Lol. He deserved that one. He hasn't got the message that he is a bad defender
Yeah it worked out I would’ve def used it on the block. Wasn’t aware it was a take it or lose it timeout there
Old 02-15-2022, 11:32 PM   #90
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I kind of expected it to be harder for Dinwiddie tonight. Tough defense and you’re feeling it out and don’t want to impose too much.

Bertans we just need you to be open and let it fly.

Expect it to take 10 games for Dinwiddie to feel comfortable
Old 02-15-2022, 11:57 PM   #91
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

We won because we hit our threes. It's really that simple. Any chance of playoff advancement depends on that.

Defense is legit.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 01:04 AM   #92
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I agree here to a certain extent. Sure, Bertans shot the 3 better tonight but it's just one game. If he continues to knock down 3's that's great for Dallas moving forward but let's give it a bigger sample size because last year some of us were in love with Melli after 2-3 games, then the wheels fell off.

Also, I think it's a no brainer for anyone to assume that Bertans could provide the rim protection or rebounding that KP provided.

If the argument is he's a better 3-point shooter for the system Dallas plays then that's a fair assessment but in terms of their overall game passing, rebounding & shot blocking it's not even close between the two.

Last edited by Dallas41; 02-16-2022 at 01:04 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 09:50 AM   #93
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I agree here to a certain extent. Sure, Bertans shot the 3 better tonight but it's just one game. If he continues to knock down 3's that's great for Dallas moving forward but let's give it a bigger sample size because last year some of us were in love with Melli after 2-3 games, then the wheels fell off.

Also, I think it's a no brainer for anyone to assume that Bertans could provide the rim protection or rebounding that KP provided.

If the argument is he's a better 3-point shooter for the system Dallas plays then that's a fair assessment but in terms of their overall game passing, rebounding & shot blocking it's not even close between the two.
Are you saying that you think Bertans will able to provide the same rebounding and rim protection as KP? Because I don’t think that’s the case at all.

Last edited by BPo001; 02-16-2022 at 09:50 AM.