Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-27-2006, 10:09 AM   #41
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
The differences between vick and Young are huge. The biggest thing is that vince is 6-5 and Vick is 6-0 on a good day. Yes due to vinces arm angle he doesnt release it that much higher but it allows him to see things vick cant. Also Vince is much more pass first than Vick is. Actually in college there were quite a few times where i was thinking run run and vince would just wait and end up completing a pass.

Vince is also MUCH more accurate on short and intermediate routes. You can say what you want about Vince in college but his completion percentage for his career was 65% and while its down a good bit in the pros, it will rise. Also their running styles are completely opposite. Vince has ALOT more power and is such a long strider. Vick is quicker on cuts. They both run high 4.4s though.

The biggest difference between them though is that vince has so many intangibles. You can say what you want about him but the guy is just a winner...
i agree with almost everything you said here, but for the record vick clocks in the 40 at 4.23, and VY clocked in the low 4.5's. vy is a special special player. vick is just another spare.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #42
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
i agree with almost everything you said here, but for the record vick clocks in the 40 at 4.23, and VY clocked in the low 4.5's. vy is a special special player. vick is just another spare.
That is a myth about vicks forty and vince ran a 4.48. Vick supposedly ran a 4.23 at vt but flat out they lie about their forty times. ALL Vt players that go to the combine run about 2 tenths slower at the combine than they do at VT. Marcus Vick supposedly ran a 4.18 at VT and then ran at the combine and ran a good deal slower. Vick runs something in the 4.4s. As for Vince, he ran a 4.48 in his workout for the NFL in one running when he did no warm up or anything. I dont think that its a stretch to believe that he can get pretty close to the 4.42 he says is his normal time.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:09 AM   #43
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

the Giants blow...

I hope we beat them by 20

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #44
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
the Giants blow...

I hope we beat them by 20
The Giants always scare me though. For some reason they have a knack for playing us when we bring our F game. I can remember numerous absolutely sucky Cowboys performances against the Giants in the last 5 years.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #45
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Manning throws an interception on every pass.... hopefully... let's just wait and see... I think he will? How 'bout you?
Old 11-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #46
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
Hopefully Manning throws an interception on every pass.... hopefully... let's just wait and see... I think he will? How 'bout you?
Every pass? Umm thats probably a bit too much to ask for... He couldnt do that if he tried because about half of his passes are nowhere near anyone and thus cant be intercepted....
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:07 PM   #47
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
I'm with you....I'm predicting it for sure.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote