Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-07-2008, 06:19 AM   #41
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the Chargers game in Vegas, what a waste of my time--shoulda just stayed on the blackjack tables.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #42
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I wouldn't cry tears for either the Bolts or the Jags. First of all, the Jags are VERY good. And second, you are right. The weather is a great equalizer, and neither the Colts or the Pats are guaranteed victors.

The Pats, in particular, are vulnerable to conditions where they can't toss the ball about with reckless abandon.

Both those games are going to be fun to watch.
Agreed on the Pats. I think the Colts are fairly close to "guaranteed" victors though--as close to guaranteed as you can get in the NFL playoffs, anyway.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:05 PM   #43
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see the Jags beat the Pats in New England's first playoff game - it would be a fitting end to their undefeated season (worse than 67 wins & a first-round exit in basketball...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #44
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see Dallas beat New England in the super bowl.

Contact Me
Old 01-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #45
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
I'd love to see the Jags beat the Pats in New England's first playoff game - it would be a fitting end to their undefeated season (worse than 67 wins & a first-round exit in basketball...)
that's pretty tough to beat too.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #46
alby
Guru

i think going 16-0 in the NFL and losing the first playoff game is worse

not trying to downplay what happened to the Mavericks of course. most embarassing collapse in the last 25 years imho.

Contact Me
Old 01-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby

not trying to downplay what happened to the Mavericks of course. most embarassing collapse in the last 25 years imho.

I love how you write "imho" when you already started with "i think"...

I think that's kinda redundant, IMHO...

But yes, the Pats losing to the Jags would be like the '96 Bulls (72-10) losing to the Miami Heat in the 1st round that season...

Last edited by Underdog; 01-07-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #48
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby

I don't know. In the NFL its a lot easier to have an upset because one game and your out. In the NBA you have 4 games to win order to upset an opposing team. That's a harder feat to accomplish.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #49
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I don't know. In the NFL its a lot easier to have an upset because one game and your out. In the NBA you have 4 games to win order to upset an opposing team. That's a harder feat to accomplish.

The '96 Bulls had to win in 5 games in the first round, instead of 7, but winning 3 is still easier than one, that's for sure...

Old 01-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #50
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
good point. plus, in the nba, there are 8 playoff teams per conference. when the patriots play in their first round playoff game, it will be down to 4 in each conference so if they lost, it'd be to a "4th" seed whereas the mavericks lost to an 8th seeded team.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #51
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
YES

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #52
alby
Guru

I hope the Patriots run through the AFC with ease so their loss against Dallas in the Super Bowl will be much more heartbreaking for those demoncrats in Massachusettes.

Contact Me
Old 01-08-2008, 01:05 AM   #53
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Agreed on the Pats. I think the Colts are fairly close to "guaranteed" victors though--as close to guaranteed as you can get in the NFL playoffs, anyway.
The real question is...what's the weather gonna be like saturday?

i'm really looking forward to an Indy/NE rematch.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #54
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all
Default jags keys to victory...

i have the keys to a jag victory this saturday (if it worked against the bengals, it should work against the pats)....

1. sign kimo van oelhoffen

2. watch "the karate kid" for inspiration.

3. "sweep the leg."

4. "no mercy."

Last edited by mnmpeanut; 01-08-2008 at 01:07 PM.
mnmpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:18 AM   #55
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #56
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

No, Eli! She's evil and will post retarded pictures of you on the internet! Look at her eyes! Nooo!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #57
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Indy/NE and Dallas/GB will be such good playoff games if it comes to that.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #58
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Found this one at bobanddan.com

Old 01-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #59
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

romo making good use out of his time off before the playoffs

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 01-08-2008 at 03:49 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:49 PM   #60
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
that's the least retarded I've ever seen him look
Old 01-09-2008, 12:43 AM   #61
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

An ESPN poll I just saw:

Which team is most likely to be upset this weekend?

The results:

13% - Colts (vs. Chargers)
24% - Packers (vs. Seahawks)
19% - Patriots (vs. Jaguars)
43% - Cowboys (vs. Giants)

No love for da Boys.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #62
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Found this one at bobanddan.com

That star is clearly photoshopped.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:12 PM   #63
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
That star is clearly photoshopped.
Uuhh so is the head, no?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #64
alby
Guru

Romo looks like he is reading the playbook.

Contact Me
Old 01-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #65
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The Packers are getting defeated by their own RB. Seattle is a bunch of lucky boys.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #66
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Packers are really lifting their skirts.

I wish the AFC game were on.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #67
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Packers trying to make this a game again.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #68
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't shed one tear if the Packers found a way to lose this game. The Packers really scare me, especially if the Cowboys keep playing the same way they end the season.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 01-12-2008, 05:05 PM   #69
FINtastic
Diamond Member

The snow is really coming down hard now.

That Hasselbeck commercial was hilarious right now.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 01-12-2008, 05:15 PM   #70
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Game getting more competetive now. Good stuff with the snow
Old 01-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #71
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

This game is swinging HARD.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #72
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Hilarious pass by Favre to set up the TD run.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:51 PM   #73
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

This snow is insane now.

Thank you HD.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #74
alby
Guru

Julius Jones isn't even the best runner out of his collegiate backfield

Ryan Grant >>>>>> Julius Jones

Contact Me
Old 01-12-2008, 07:34 PM   #75
FINtastic
Diamond Member

I'll tell you what, I'm really scared of the Packers. They are playing some damn good ball right now. They pretty much blew out a Seahawks team that I thought was a tad underrated (especially on defense). The Packers can throw on anyone, and now they've got a really good running game. If the Cowboys get past the Giants, they aren't going to get an easy matchup against the Packers in the NFC championship game. Hopefully, the Cowboys come out firing on all cylinders tomorrow. It would really ease some of my worries if we managed to get a blowout tomorrow.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 01-12-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #76
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah. That was pretty impressive, especially after going down 14-0 early.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #77
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Whoa, Dave Campo is an assistant coach for the Jaguars? I certainly was not aware of that. It's good to hear he is having some success finally after bouncing around the league a little bit. I always liked him, even if he wasn't really head coaching material.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 01-12-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:46 PM   #78
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think that the Pats are lucky that the weather isn't bad.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:07 PM   #79
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Hell of a ball game breaking out here. I can't figure out if I want the Jags to beat the Pats (I certainly would normally want that a great deal) or if I want the Pats to make the Super Bowl and lose to us.

Aw, hell. Let the Jags have their fun. Go, Del Rio!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #80
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

good lord, CSI Miami can't get anymore nauseous.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote