Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #201
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
Will Roddy be emotionally ready to play Friday? Otherwise there are only three guards, Kidd, Carter, and Jones...

sorry to be a downer..
I doubt he is back before a week.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #202
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez, are Denver's scrubs really this much better than our scrubs?
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #203
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Jeez, are Denver's scrubs really this much better than our scrubs?
I think they're just actually trying.

Our dudes seem to be half assing everything right now.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #204
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Injury bug raping the Mavs right now.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #205
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

gosh Cardinal got a huge head
Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #206
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Remember when people argued with me and Fin that it was perfectly reasonable to give Yi minutes over Wright?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #207
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Odom and Ian work great together.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #208
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

LOL
I thought Jones was about to get the Derek Fisher treatment from Brewer.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #209
b_o_r
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Remember when people argued with me and Fin that it was perfectly reasonable to give Yi minutes over Wright?
I think you wanted him to get minutes at the 4 which still hasn't been the case. Wright is cutting into the center minutes. Yi ain't going to see time unless Dirk or Lamar goes down.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #210
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Yi!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #211
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
I think you wanted him to get minutes at the 4 which still hasn't been the case. Wright is cutting into the center minutes. Yi ain't going to see time unless Dirk or Lamar goes down.
You think wrong, actually. Nice revisionist history though. I said BW should be getting 10 MPG or so, period (be it at the 4 or 5).

Last edited by CadBane; 02-15-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #212
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
LOL
I thought Jones was about to get the Derek Fisher treatment from Brewer.
yeah lol but he didnt get the elevation he had when he posterized Fishman
Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #213
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

There at the end with 2.....3s. You can see why YI can be a huge asset for this team. I think YI and Wright will be here for a while especially if we go big for Dwight and Deron next summer.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #214
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Great win tonight.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #215
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
There at the end with 2.....3s. You can see why YI can be a huge asset for this team. I think YI and Wright will be here for a while especially if we go big for Dwight and Deron next summer.
Yi is garbage.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #216
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yi is garbage.
Earl K. Sneed always gets a boner for Yi, it's kind of annoying.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #217
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yi is garbage.
I dont get into these discussions with you Cad...you should know that

But if you end up with

Dwight/ Wright/ YI
Dirk/ YI/ Wright

....sounds pretty good to me...because Wright and YI are both still young and cheap.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #218
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
I dont get into these discussions with you Cad...you should know that

But if you end up with

Dwight/ Wright/ YI
Dirk/ YI/ Wright

....sounds pretty good to me...because Wright and YI are both still young and cheap.
It doesn't matter how young and cheap someone is when they're garbage.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #219
AO41
Platinum Member

Quote:
It doesn't matter how young and cheap someone is when they're garbage.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #220
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You mean, at PF?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:20 AM   #221
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
You mean, at PF?
No...minutes period. You want me to bump it? Hilarious.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #222
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yi is garbage.
He's certainly not garbage for being an end of the bench guy, same goes for Cardinal... One thing Yi has going for him, he's shown that he can knock down that 18 footer from his spot with great consistency, and it's a shot that can be often available for him... He's got a nice stroke, as evidenced by the three's he hit last night... I also like the effort that he puts forth, he's not the best at driving the rim, but that wont stop him from trying to attack the rim off a pump fake... And for whatever reason, the fans in the crowd naturally respond to him, and that's always a good thing...

I'm just saying that he's perfect for the role he's playing... The Rick divides the minutes pretty well, which is important for a team that plans on using the entire bench, even in the playoffs... This is how we won the championship last year, strength in numbers and playing the match-ups...

Why all this splitting hairs over minutes for this guy or that guy? The team is playing well, so why change what's working? Trust Rick, trust the players, they got this... We're still the best team! We have the best coach, the best finisher, the smartest player and a smart team overall, the most experience, the most momentum, the best bench, and the best 1-12 in the association! Be confident Mav fans, things are looking great right now, enjoy it...
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #223
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No...minutes period. You want me to bump it? Hilarious.
You realize you just quoted two statements of yours in which you were advocating Brandan getting minutes at PF? Who's playing revisionist history now?

At any rate, I wasn't talking about what you said. I was talking about what others said, and for the most part the opinions given by posters other than you and Fin (and certainly my own opinions) were position-specific, just as Yi and Brandan's minutes have been.

All that said, Brandan is absolutely justifying the faith you and Fin had in him with his play (at C) right now. You'll get no arguments there.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 02-16-2012 at 12:48 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #224
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
You realize you just quoted two statements of yours in which you were advocating Brandan getting minutes at PF? Who's playing revisionist history now?

At any rate, I wasn't talking about what you said. I was talking about what others said, and for the most part the opinions given by posters other than you and Fin (and certainly my own opinions) were position-specific, just as Yi and Brandan's minutes have been.

All that said, Brandan is absolutely justifying the faith you and Fin had in him with his play (at C) right now. You'll get no arguments there.
Holy shit! Can you not read? Maybe you're actually illiterate? I literally bolded comments stating that Wright should get some of Ian's minutes...
Old 02-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #225
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyuptx View Post
One thing Yi has going for him, he's shown that he can knock down that 18 footer from his spot with great consistency, and it's a shot that can be often available for him...

Dude...that's just blatantly and patently false. You know people can fact check this stuff, right?

Yi is shooting an eFG% of 39% on jumpers this year.

His TS% is an atrocious 46% (47% for his career).

He is simply put, an awful, awful offensive player. He's never had positive offensive win shares in his life. I really couldn't care less about him as an end of the bench guy. My comment was in reference to a poster asserting something as ludicrous as Yi being a "big piece" of the future.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #226
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dude...that's just blatantly and patently false. You know people can fact check this stuff, right?

He is simply put, an awful, awful offensive player. He's never had positive offensive win shares in his life. I really couldn't care less about him as an end of the bench guy. My comment was in reference to a poster asserting something as ludicrous as Yi being a "big piece" of the future.
He was 66% last game
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #227
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
He was 66% last game
Old 02-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #228
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Holy shit! Can you not read? Maybe you're actually illiterate? I literally bolded comments stating that Wright should get some of Ian's minutes...
So your response to: "At any rate, I wasn't talking about what you said", basically consists of you continuing to talk about what you said, which I specifically said I wasn't interested in, while at the same time accusing me of not being able to read? Really?

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 02-16-2012 at 07:04 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #229
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So your response to: "At any rate, I wasn't talking about what you said", basically consists of you continuing to talk about what you said, which I specifically said I wasn't interested in, while at the same time accusing me of not being able to read? Really?
Grndmstr_c was 66% correct this time.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #230
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

I said he's very consistent "from his spot"... You know, that jumper he likes to take near the top of the key, and from what I've seen, he hits that shot more often than not... Also, I stand by what I said, for a guy that's a third or fourth option at the 4 or the 5, Yi fits that bill well...

I'm just saying, we have a good team, there's no need to bag on any of our players... Just as it was last season, if we are going to repeat, then it will take contributions from every player on the team, even guys like Yi and Cardinal...
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #231
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
You...don't really get it, do you? You said I bumped quotes about Wright only getting more minutes at the 4. That simply wasn't the case.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #232
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyuptx View Post
I said he's very consistent "from his spot"... You know, that jumper he likes to take near the top of the key, and from what I've seen, he hits that shot more often than not... Also, I stand by what I said, for a guy that's a third or fourth option at the 4 or the 5, Yi fits that bill well...

I'm just saying, we have a good team, there's no need to bag on any of our players... Just as it was last season, if we are going to repeat, then it will take contributions from every player on the team, even guys like Yi and Cardinal...
Well...he's NOT consistent from "his spot". Unless you think every jumper he makes is "his spot", and the near 70% he misses are "not his spot."

Again...I'm not bagging on him just to bag on him. He's fine as an end of the bench guy. Some of you seem to have trouble with simple reading comprehension. I only brought up Yi's struggles in rebuttal to the assertion that he would be a big part of the Mavs future.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #233
AO41
Platinum Member

Cad ...YI played on 3 teams that were pretty bad the first few years of his career. He was asked to be the 3rd guy...maybe even second on those teams...and thats not what he is.

BUT the guy is VERSATILE and def. has talent. To have him on the bench is def. a bargain because of his versatility....I think he can be a very dependable 6th- 9th man in the league depending on the situation. And here he is what like the 10th 11th guy??
Old 02-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #234
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Cad ...YI played on 3 teams that were pretty bad the first few years of his career. He was asked to be the 3rd guy...maybe even second on those teams...and thats not what he is.

BUT the guy is VERSATILE and def. has talent. To have him on the bench is def. a bargain because of his versatility....I think he can be a very dependable 6th- 9th man in the league depending on the situation. And here he is what like the 10th 11th guy??
You just don't listen, lol.

HE IS FINE AS THE 10-11TH GUY.

For the 56767867 time, my post was in reference to you stating that he will ever be a "big part of the Mavs future." I respectfully must disagree that Yi will ever be more than an end of the bench guy on a winning team. The stats concur.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:38 AM   #235
AO41
Platinum Member

Quote:
You just don't listen, lol.

HE IS FINE AS THE 10-11TH GUY.

For the 56767867 time, my post was in reference to you stating that he will ever be a "big part of the Mavs future." I respectfully must disagree that Yi will ever be more than an end of the bench guy on a winning team. The stats concur.

To a Championship team... every player 1-13 is probably important and has parts. As we saw with Stevenson. Brewer, Peja, and so on.

My first post was that if Dallas get Dwight...that

Dwight/ Wright/YI
Dirk/ YI/ Wright

...will be a very nice and versatile C and PF rotation.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #236
CadBane
Banned

See, even if we get Dwight, Yi would have no business starting or being the primary backup.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #237
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
You...don't really get it, do you? You said I bumped quotes about Wright only getting more minutes at the 4. That simply wasn't the case.
No I didn't. The word "only" never came into what I said.

Tags
cadhatesasians, return of the quack!